December 13, 200718 yr Marlins agreed to terms with RHP Justin Miller on a one-year, $750,000 contract. And they call the Marlins cheap. Miller, who spent 2006 in Japan, quietly had a nice season for the Marlins after being called up in mid-May, finishing with a 3.65 ERA and a 74/24 K/BB in 61 2/3 innings. He'll be back in a sixth- and seventh-inning role next year. Per Rotoworld.
December 13, 200718 yr Along with Miller; Mitre, Gregg, Trenor, and Amezega have been resigned Do you know how much we are paying them?
December 13, 200718 yr Wonderful, more garbage in middle relief. Miller did a good job last year. Recall how often he came in to clean up someone else's mess. I am happy with this.
December 13, 200718 yr they weren't re-signed, they were tendered ' my bad, thats what I meant to say... "tendered"
December 13, 200718 yr Wonderful, more garbage in middle relief. Where does this come from? I agree. He did well for us last year.
December 13, 200718 yr I still don't get why we would give someone who could make the minimum 400k more than we would have to. Unless he got some Japan offer we didn't know about (he has played in Japan before), just doesn't make sense.
December 13, 200718 yr I think thats a really good deal actually especially as teams pay absurd amounts for middle relievers. He had 74 K's in 62 IP last year. That is made of win.
December 13, 200718 yr Does this mean he's guaranteed a bullpen spot? I mean, if Owens has anywhere near a decent spring its going to look like Gregg Owens Kensing Gardner Pinto Tankersley Lindstrom Wheres Miller? I don't want to see Kensing or Pinto in AAA opening day.
December 13, 200718 yr Does this mean he's guaranteed a bullpen spot? I mean, if Owens has anywhere near a decent spring its going to look like Gregg Owens Kensing Gardner Pinto Tankersley Lindstrom Wheres Miller? I don't want to see Kensing or Pinto in AAA opening day. Owens wont be ready until atleast the allstar break.
December 13, 200718 yr Does this mean he's guaranteed a bullpen spot? I mean, if Owens has anywhere near a decent spring its going to look like Gregg Owens Kensing Gardner Pinto Tankersley Lindstrom Wheres Miller? I don't want to see Kensing or Pinto in AAA opening day. I guess swap out Gardner.
December 13, 200718 yr Does this mean he's guaranteed a bullpen spot? I mean, if Owens has anywhere near a decent spring its going to look like Gregg Owens Kensing Gardner Pinto Tankersley Lindstrom Wheres Miller? I don't want to see Kensing or Pinto in AAA opening day. I guess swap out Gardner. You mean the sub 2.00 ERA Gardner, the best reliever last season?
December 13, 200718 yr Does this mean he's guaranteed a bullpen spot? I mean, if Owens has anywhere near a decent spring its going to look like Gregg Owens Kensing Gardner Pinto Tankersley Lindstrom Wheres Miller? I don't want to see Kensing or Pinto in AAA opening day. Owens wont be ready until atleast the allstar break. I guess you answered it, do you have a link to anything concerning his injury? Shoulder correct?
December 13, 200718 yr Does this mean he's guaranteed a bullpen spot? I mean, if Owens has anywhere near a decent spring its going to look like Gregg Owens Kensing Gardner Pinto Tankersley Lindstrom Wheres Miller? I don't want to see Kensing or Pinto in AAA opening day. I guess swap out Gardner. You mean the sub 2.00 ERA Gardner, the best reliever last season? Not knocking him. You asked the question. Pick someone else then. I'm just figuring that ultimately guys like Gardner and Miller might not be in the picture down the road with all the young arms we have. You'd have to take the "stuff" of all the other guys in the pen over Gardner I would think. Then again it's always nice to have a few "crafty vets" in the pen too, so who knows. Just a thought. I mean who else? It's gotta be from the Gardner/Miller/Kensing/Owens foursome, everyone else would be a lock IMO. *ah, nm, if Owens isn't back til the break it's moot.
December 13, 200718 yr Wonderful, more garbage in middle relief. ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME MAN? THIS GUY WAS AWESOME LAST YEAR!
December 13, 200718 yr Does this mean he's guaranteed a bullpen spot? I mean, if Owens has anywhere near a decent spring its going to look like Gregg Owens Kensing Gardner Pinto Tankersley Lindstrom Wheres Miller? I don't want to see Kensing or Pinto in AAA opening day. I guess swap out Gardner. You mean the sub 2.00 ERA Gardner, the best reliever last season? Not knocking him. You asked the question. Pick someone else then. I'm just figuring that ultimately guys like Gardner and Miller might not be in the picture down the road with all the young arms we have. You'd have to take the "stuff" of all the other guys in the pen over Gardner I would think. Then again it's always nice to have a few "crafty vets" in the pen too, so who knows. Just a thought. I mean who else? It's gotta be from the Gardner/Miller/Kensing/Owens foursome, everyone else would be a lock IMO. *ah, nm, if Owens isn't back til the break it's moot. Contracts like Miller's are always guaranteed, they did not sign him to be sent to the minors.
December 13, 200718 yr I am very happy for Justin Miller he earned that contract, He is really depenable
December 13, 200718 yr why does girardi have anything to do with mitre. girardi left the cubs after 2002 at that time mitre was still pitching in A-ball. dont expect mitre to be out of the rotation until he is traded. he pitches much better starting over relieving and hes putting it together.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.