20 FSU players Suspended???

MRMarlin93

Any idea who FSU plays the first 3 games next season? I'm pretty sure the Buffs head down to Florida early season.

yes, you will get your asses handed to you i believe the third weekend in sept... dont forget your lube! (hehe, i kid...)

because nobody in 1a would want to schedule only one game at doak, we are going to be scheduling two 1-aa teams next year. both of those games will be played at the beginning of the season. so, the damage will probably be limited to our bowl game against kentucky.

Actually, we were going with one I-AA team Western Carolina and then were in negotiations for months trying to get a neutral site game with West Virginia in Atlanta but it didnt work out so we had to go with Chatanooga (didnt have to and it annoys the sh*t out of me that we did, but our options were very limited at this point).

FSU coaches can at least continue preparing for Kentucky knowing that top playmakers Preston Parker, Antone Smith, Greg Carr and starting quarterback Drew Weatherford are among those not affected by the case. The defense is expected to be hit hard by the losses but leading tacklers Derek Nicholson and Geno Hayes were not on the list shared by sources on Tuesday.

Funny, because the rumors I heard were the entire starting LB core was going to be suspended (Hayes, Nicholson, Watson), along with Budd Thacker and Greg Carr. Alot of backups must be out then because why the hell would Kenny Ingram be practicing with the LB's all of a sudden?

Any idea who FSU plays the first 3 games next season? I'm pretty sure the Buffs head down to Florida early season.

yes, you will get your asses handed to you i believe the third weekend in sept... dont forget your lube! (hehe, i kid...)

because nobody in 1a would want to schedule only one game at doak, we are going to be scheduling two 1-aa teams next year. both of those games will be played at the beginning of the season. so, the damage will probably be limited to our bowl game against kentucky.

Actually, we were going with one I-AA team Western Carolina and then were in negotiations for months trying to get a neutral site game with West Virginia in Atlanta but it didnt work out so we had to go with Chatanooga (didnt have to and it annoys the sh*t out of me that we did, but our options were very limited at this point).

I'm gonna have to drive to Atlanta to see us play Chattanooga?

That is not a home game! Chattanooga is like North Atlanta basically!

I'd prefer to play a full FSU squad but it won't hurt to have an easier game when the next three teams CU plays are West Virginia, Texas, and Kansas.

No no no, when we were trying to play a major program it was going to be a neutral site game, but Chattanooga will be a home game, sorry for the confusion.

No no no, when we were trying to play a major program it was going to be a neutral site game, but Chattanooga will be a home game, sorry for the confusion.

Good, thanks for clarifying.

I'd prefer to play a full FSU squad but it won't hurt to have an easier game when the next three teams CU plays are West Virginia, Texas, and Kansas.

jeez!!! fsu and wv for your non-conference schedule??? gotta respect those teams who have the testes to play some real competition (unlike chicken shi'ite uf). is that wv game a home game?

It wasn't 20 individual players and their eyes gazing away from their desk. It was a collective effort to undermine the university's academic mission. That deserves severe punishment, not a mere bowl game and 3 OOC games next year.

It was a tutor that gave them all the answers. I know for a fact this happens at other schools among athletes and non athletes. It was dumb and they are being punished, but anyone here who took online classes in college and didnt take the easy way out (its always available) had no friends.

Almost all online tests are open book and it's perfectly acceptable. You can get A's if not by studying and knowing how to apply lessons to problems, then by checking the index. FSU must be recruiting some dumb or pampered players if they need help in an online class. 2 of the players were kickers for crying out loud. Kickers exist to bring up the team GPA and SAT scores! What kind of mess are you running down there?

Almost all online tests are open book and it's perfectly acceptable. You can get A's if not by studying and knowing how to apply lessons to problems, then by checking the index. FSU must be recruiting some dumb or pampered players if they need help in an online class. 2 of the players were kickers for crying out loud. Kickers exist to bring up the team GPA and SAT scores! What kind of mess are you running down there?

actually, at fsu, most online tests are taken in a lab with proctors, and they are not open book. nice try

Guest Night Phantom

uf: the arrogance of the yankees with the winning tradition of the cubs.

:stare

It's true, though. They had a great run these past two years but they still have plenty of catching up to do.

Sigh, you lack the skills to understand:

1) Football players are dumb, YAY!

2) This has nothing to do with being dumb or needing help with an online class, when you go to college and you can get answers quickly instead of having to spend a little extra time to find the useless information, you do it.

3) This (what I'm saying) isnt about football or athletes only

4) What kind of mess am I running?

4a) You're dumb

4b) If you really think this is confined to FSU/FSU football, you are dumber than I would have guessed after 4a.

5) I got my masters from UF, this exact thing happened in every business class and every project that is assigned.

6) I know things about the UF athletes too and the exact same thing happens there (and everywhere else)

7) Kickers exist to kick

It's true, though. They had a great run these past two years but they still have plenty of catching up to do.

This quote was actually from a sportswriter but he used Notre Dame and Wake Forest as the examples.

yeah i heard it before... i forgot the teams used. actually ive heard it from many different places using many different teams.

actually, at fsu, most online tests are taken in a lab with proctors, and they are not open book. nice try

Yup, you also must present Photo ID and sign in properly. :rolleyes:

Calculators, cell phones, etc. must be turned off and out of sight.

Yup, you also must present Photo ID and sign in properly. :rolleyes:

Calculators, cell phones, etc. must be turned off and out of sight.

yep, i remember... recitation. ahhh the (fuzzy) memories....

so what happened to the atl game... is it ever going to happen? i heard it was going to be against a sec team (auburn, sc, or tennessee)

Sounds pretty sophisticated. Newspapers say though that's only recently upon news of widespread cheating. However that's ever more reason why an orchestrated ring of cheating should result in more than a slap on a wrist. In most schools, upon discovery of cheating, the student would have been penalized by the university NOT the Athletic Department (worse, the news reports suggest this was NCAA's recommendned punishment, not that of FSU's AD) and would have be placed on academic probation while the investigation was ongoing.

Sounds pretty sophisticated. Newspapers say though that's only recently upon news of widespread cheating. However that's ever more reason why an orchestrated ring of cheating should result in more than a slap on a wrist. In most schools, upon discovery of cheating, the student would have been penalized by the university NOT the Athletic Department (worse, the news reports suggest this was NCAA's recommendned punishment, not that of FSU's AD) and would have be placed on academic probation while the investigation was ongoing.

FSU reported this themselves months ago and has held many players involved out of action throughout that time.

Reporting is not doing. Where did you read that players have been held out? The list of players hasn't even been determined yet (because FSU is waiting until the last minute to hand down any punishment they may be required to), but of the unofficial list includes the starting kicker, punter, linebackers and 3 defensive lineman that have played every single game for the Seminoles so far. 5 more unnamed starters are said to be targeted. Are you suggesting backups are being held because of this scandal? They're being held out because they're not needed. Had they been, they would have been let off easy as the above starters were. But it wouldn't be the first time they were let off easy. That's how the whole thing started. And why the scandal still rears its head 4 months after discovery. MOst schools would have nipped this in the butt months ago. FSU has done nothing but punish the tutors. Meanwhile coaches and fans talk about rearranging the schedule and regaining a half of football game's eligibility to reduce the effect of the NCAA-requested penalty. Top notch work there FSU! Wait, FSU hasn't done anything. All they've done is turn their head and pass the buck.

So, 3 titles in 2 years in the 2 major sports = the winning tradition of the Cubs?

What a retarded quip.