New WSJ Poll: GOP Race is Wide Open

Passion

Two weeks before the Iowa caucus, the race for president, while tightening among Democrats, is wide open on the Republican side, highlighting the unusual fluidity of the first campaign for the White House in over a half- century that doesn't include an incumbent president or vice president.

A new Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll shows that Rudy Giuliani has lost his national lead in the Republican field after a flurry of negative publicity about his personal and business activities, setting the stage for what could be the party's most competitive nomination fight in decades

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1198100923...s_us_whats_news

Romney - 20%

Giuliani - 20%

Huckabee - 17%

McCain - 14%

Thompson - 11%

Not Sure - 9%

Dr. Ronald Earnest Paul - 4%

Guest iFesta Touch

Hey look if Ron Paul can convince that 9% to vote for him, he'd still be in 5th.

BUT REMEMBER HE'S RAISING MONEY OUT THE ASS AND HE HAS A ZEPPELIN!!!

This thread got real predictable quickly.

Yeah, that's the irony of the situation. The Ron Paul haters are equally obnoxious to even some of the most radical supporters.

Ron Paul will raise the most money of any GOP candidate this quarter, and where there is money combined with no clear front runner, there is a chance.

Also, go check where John Kerry was polling around this time.

I am pulling for McCain because I think he best equipped to unite the country and govern the country from a center right tilt . As far as Rudy , he always would have problems with Republicans and Conservatives on a host of issues and his campaign seems to be about nothing other than I was mayor during 9-11 . When I think of Rudy I think of police state I am glad his campaign is floundering . All candidates have problems whether they be republican or democrat but I do find the people whom Rudy surrounds himself with to be troubling . This country needs a Rudy vs Clinton match up like a need a hole in the head . NO CLINTON NO RUDY !

Guest iFesta Touch

Lieutenant/Senator John Forbes Kerry knew how to state an opinion without looking like a senile old man to the general public.

:rolleyes: I'm glad your personal opinion qualifies as "the general public."

Nope, but I'm sure a majority of the 96% who aren't voting for Paul hold the same opinion of his speaking "talents."

I figured Huckabee could catch a spark and he has, but I'd be surprised if he could carry anything more than 15-20% tops in the long run. Rudy seems to be on a long gradual decline. And Thompson... well to steal a line I heard, I think the demand for Fred Thompson was far greater than the supply. Mitt was my early prediction to get the nom, and he's had every chance really to take the reins, especially with Rudy slipping. But the field seems to get more & more crowded. Wild stuff.