NFL Network, NBC, & CBS to air NE-NYG game

CapeFish

Patriots' historic game to be available to all of America, after all

Associated Press

NEW YORK -- The New England Patriots' shot at history Saturday night will be available for every household in the country with a television after months of wrangling.

The game against the New York Giants, in which the Patriots could become the first NFL team to go 16-0 in the regular season, was originally scheduled to be shown only on the NFL Network, which is available in fewer than 40 percent of the nation's homes with TVs.

But the league announced Wednesday that the NFL Network feed will be simulcast on NBC and CBS. It's a major concession by league officials, who repeatedly said they would not show the game anywhere but the NFL Network. The NFL had faced mounting pressure from politicians in recent weeks to make the game available to more viewers.

This will be the first three-network simulcast in NFL history and the first simulcast of any kind of an NFL game since the first Super Bowl in 1967, when CBS and NBC both televised the first meeting of the champions of the newly merged National Football League and American Football League.

Gee, now I can watch this game on 6 different channels! My guide counts NFL Network (Dish 154), NFL Network HD (DishHD 154), WBBH 20 (NBC), WBBH-DT 20.1 (NBC-HD), WINK 11 (CBS), & WINK-DT 11.1 (CBS-HD)

The NFL is getting really carried away, but at least everyone can now see the game.

Patriots' historic game to be available to all of America, after all

Associated Press

NEW YORK -- The New England Patriots' shot at history Saturday night will be available for every household in the country with a television after months of wrangling.

The game against the New York Giants, in which the Patriots could become the first NFL team to go 16-0 in the regular season, was originally scheduled to be shown only on the NFL Network, which is available in fewer than 40 percent of the nation's homes with TVs.

But the league announced Wednesday that the NFL Network feed will be simulcast on NBC and CBS. It's a major concession by league officials, who repeatedly said they would not show the game anywhere but the NFL Network. The NFL had faced mounting pressure from politicians in recent weeks to make the game available to more viewers.

This will be the first three-network simulcast in NFL history and the first simulcast of any kind of an NFL game since the first Super Bowl in 1967, when CBS and NBC both televised the first meeting of the champions of the newly merged National Football League and American Football League.

Gee, now I can watch this game on 6 different channels! My guide counts NFL Network (Dish 154), NFL Network HD (DishHD 154), WBBH 20 (NBC), WBBH-DT 20.1 (NBC-HD), WINK 11 (CBS), & WINK-DT 11.1 (CBS-HD)

The NFL is getting really carried away, but at least everyone can now see the game.

the question i have why two network their could have use nbc or cbs but not both i bet fox network say why not use!!!!!!!

the question i have why two network their could have use nbc or cbs but not both i bet fox network say why not use!!!!!!!

News Corp is not happy with the NFL right now.

1. FOX says it was not invited while the NFL says FOX did not show any interest.

2. WWOR-TV in NYC is owned by News Corp and it had bought the rights to simulcast NFL Network for this game. (News Corp previously spent $700,000 to buy the rights to simulcast NFL Network for the Bears game in Chicago)

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/gia...0,3443585.story

That will be 5 channels that will be showing this game on my cable company on Saturday night

Buffalo's CBS and NBC affiliates

State College's CBS and NBC affiliates

NFLN

Make that 9 with HD channels.

I'm up to 7.

NBC: WBBH/WBBH-HD

CBS: WINK/WINK-HD

NFL Network: SD 154/HD 154

WWOR (NYC): SD 238

This is getting out of hand IMHO.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.