Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CBL- Rules/Premise

Featured Replies

Anyway someone can give me some information on the Conine Baseball League. I kinda want to check out the premise of the league, rules, player pool and stuff like that.

 

I'm a Fantasy Sports fan, and maybe if I know what is going on in there... I might be interested once a Expansion Team is available.

 

Chris

I might be inclined to join a league as well. I've been doing fantasy baseball for a while now and I have never quit on a league.

we use the OOTP (out of the park) baseball sim league software, you can read up on it on the web.

 

OOTP Baseball

 

The short description is we draft players, stock our minor leagues, set rosters, lineups, etc, and then let the sim play out games for us, typically around 5 games at a time, so we can adjust rosters or lineups, etc, in between each set of games. Stats are kept on just about everything you could want. There are box scores and play-by-play records of each game.

 

We trade players, sign free agents, negotiate contracts, hold a draft, you watch prospects rise and fall, and we've already ran 4 or 5 seasons. So you build an entire organization over time and watch it mature (hopefully).

We trade players, sign free agents, negotiate contracts, hold a draft, you watch prospects rise and fall, and we've already ran 4 or 5 seasons. So you build an entire organization over time and watch it mature (hopefully).

So, would we be starting from scratch or taking over an abandoned team?

we'd have to address that. There are 4 or 5 franchises available right now if we just replace the owners.

Hmmm - sounds like an excellent opportunity. Just keep me posted!

  • Author

we'd have to address that. There are 4 or 5 franchises available right now if we just replace the owners.

 

I definatly want in if given the chance. I saw the site, and it looks very interesting. My email is hivltg3_34 at Hotmail.com email me with information on joining. I'd love the chance.

 

Thanks,

Chris

For what it's worth, I am also interested although to be reasonable, I would not be able to take over a team seriously for quite a while given my current situation and my plans for half a year of travel after I leave here. Just something to keep in mind in the future I suppose.

if there are still any openings from the 4 or 5 original I would also be interested.

  • Author

I can't wait. I'm ready to wheel and deal to put my stamp on the franchise....

 

1st step of my franchise---- find the franchise player.

 

All the teams left lack a KEY guy. Pitching looks great though.

 

It's going down!!

 

Ride the Lightning!!!!~ Lol... sorry.

 

Chris

It's going down!!

 

Ride the Lightning!!!!

Can we make sure this guy does NOT get a franchise? Seriously. It's for his own health. He needs a vallium or something.

It's going down!!

 

Ride the Lightning!!!!

Can we make sure this guy does NOT get a franchise? Seriously. It's for his own health. He needs a vallium or something.

Come on, every league needs a Mark Cuban.

  • Author

I'm not Mark Cuban,

 

I'm Italian and Cuban ;) .

 

Ride the Lightning will be my team slogan ;) . Team name might be Long Island (or Huntington) H! Voltage (H! Vltg3)

 

Chris

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.