Scott Rolen Traded For Troy Glaus

Guest Maybin is Marvelous

I guess the St. Louis Cardinals really didn't want Scott Rolen at all. They gave him up for a player that most prob won't even be that productive next year (20HR, and 62 rbi?) and has been on decline since his days with the Anaheim Angels where he use to hit his homeruns in the 40's. I expect this move to bite them in the ass much later. If healthy Scott Rolen will easily be one of the best 3rd basemen defensively in the game. This trade is a swap of damaged goods, but the Blue Jays got the better end.

I guess the St. Louis Cardinals really didn't want Scott Rolen at all. They gave him up for a player that most prob won't even be that productive next year (20HR, and 62 rbi?) and has been on decline since his days with the Anaheim Angels where he use to hit his homeruns in the 40's. I expect this move to bite them in the ass much later. If healthy Scott Rolen will easily be one of the best 3rd basemen defensively in the game. This trade is a swap of damaged goods, but the Blue Jays got the better end.

There's much wrong with this entire post... but I'll go with the fact that Glaus hit 38 homeruns in 2006 with the Blue Jays

Guest RichWaltzLoveChild

There's much wrong with this entire post... but I'll go with the fact that Glaus hit 38 homeruns in 2006 with the Blue Jays

Along with a .366 OBP.

Just 32-years-old, 7 career gold gloves, considered the benchmark at his position defensively, already with 1,000 career RBI and a 162 game average of .283/.372/.505 with 28 HR and 109 RBI?

Mike Schmidt's 162 game average was .267/.380/.527 with 37 HR and 107 RBI. He won 10 gold gloves.

If Rolen can play to about 37-39, he'll come real close to being up there with him.

Just 32-years-old, 7 career gold gloves, considered the benchmark at his position defensively, already with 1,000 career RBI and a 162 game average of .283/.372/.505 with 28 HR and 109 RBI?

Mike Schmidt's 162 game average was .267/.380/.527 with 37 HR and 107 RBI. He won 10 gold gloves.

If Rolen can play to about 37-39, he'll come real close to being up there with him.

Nice

Schmidt also played in a diminished offensive era. Schmidt's .380/.527 line was the pinnacle of the game.

I feel bad for Rolen. A guy that looked like a HOFer tainted by injury.

Eh.

He's about 6-7 years from the age where he should be retiring so calling him a future HOFer is a bit premature.

The 28 versus 37 home run average is also pretty drastic since Rolen was playing in the juiced ball era.

Well I'm not saying Rolen IS Schmidt, but he's not far off. To say he won't get a look at the hall is foolish.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel bad for Rolen. A guy that looked like a HOFer tainted by injury.

Eh.

He's about 6-7 years from the age where he should be retiring so calling him a future HOFer is a bit premature.

The 28 versus 37 home run average is also pretty drastic since Rolen was playing in the juiced ball era.

Well I'm not saying Rolen IS Schmidt, but he's not far off. To say he won't get a look at the hall is foolish.

Schmidt is the greatest third baseman to ever play the game...Rolen, has never even been the best third baseman in any given season

Why take Glaus when he is connected to steroids. This is what bothers me, and how the MLB continues to act like none of it is that big of a deal.

then you might as well blackball any player that played from the mid '80s to 2004

Not every player from 1980-2004 is in the mitchell report....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.