Official Wrestling Discussion

Guest FishFanInPA

Randy Orton is the latest wrestler in a long line of wrestlers to violate the WWE's Wellness Program. Sources within WWE have confirmed that Randy Orton recently failed to meet the requirements to pass the WWE Wellness Program drug test. Also, WWE officials found over eight bottles of non-prescription Painkillers in Randy Orton's dressing bag at a recent event. Vince McMahon recently had a talk with talent from all three brands in which he warned them about the use of Painkillers. And if that isn't enough, it should be noted that Orton has tested positive for steriod use within the last two months.

Seeing how he will be a vital part of SummerSlam when he does battle with Hulk Hogan, it remains to be seen if WWE will punish him, thus complicating this important storyline. If action isn't taken, it will be highly unfair to Rob Van Dam, not to mention that it will look very bad in the eyes of the public.

There will be more on this story as it develops.

from wrestlinginc.com

Randy Orton is the latest wrestler in a long line of wrestlers to violate the WWE's Wellness Program. Sources within WWE have confirmed that Randy Orton recently failed to meet the requirements to pass the WWE Wellness Program drug test. Also, WWE officials found over eight bottles of non-prescription Painkillers in Randy Orton's dressing bag at a recent event. Vince McMahon recently had a talk with talent from all three brands in which he warned them about the use of Painkillers. And if that isn't enough, it should be noted that Orton has tested positive for steriod use within the last two months.

Seeing how he will be a vital part of SummerSlam when he does battle with Hulk Hogan, it remains to be seen if WWE will punish him, thus complicating this important storyline. If action isn't taken, it will be highly unfair to Rob Van Dam, not to mention that it will look very bad in the eyes of the public.

There will be more on this story as it develops.

from wrestlinginc.com

From what I've read, that story is credited to the Wrestling Observer, but wasn't in the newsletter. Could be a made-up story.

Guest FishFanInPA

"Some readers were asking about the Randy Orton article that was posted here and other places around the internet. The article cited the Wrestling Observer Newsletter as their source. The article was removed as soon as I saw it this morning, since I receive the Wrestling Observer Newsletter and never saw such an item. We would like to apologize to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter and Randy Orton. The reporter has been removed from posting at this site."

ps.....Brooke and Hulk Hogan will both be at SNME....

Anything to get Brooke Hogan on screen is a good idea. Is a storyline really needed? Just have her do model poses for 15 minutes a program, and come time for PPV...just let her prance around the ring for a while...maybe while shooting her with a water pistol and putting a slow motion effect on screen.

Anything to get Brooke Hogan on screen is a good idea. Is a storyline really needed? Just have her do model poses for 15 minutes a program, and come time for PPV...just let her prance around the ring for a while...maybe while shooting her with a water pistol and putting a slow motion effect on screen.

:plain ... go watch some girls gone wild or something

They're going to have Brooke Hogan, with Hulk, and some Bikini Bullride crap on Saturday Night's Main Event. The thing that sucks is, I hate that crap. I hate it with a passion. WWE has some girls who can wrestle and put on a heck of a match. But, the fans don't care about that at all. You could have Mickey James and Trish putting on a wrestling clinic in the ring and it's crickets in the crowd with a lot of people going for the bathroom and snacks.

But, then again, you put on a Bikini Contest, Pillow Fight, Diva Contest, Brooke Hogan or any of that worthless crap I can't stand and it's the highest freaking rated segment of the show. I hate it, I personally think it sucks, but the average moron who couldn't give a damn about actual wrestling turns it on in the hopes of catching a nipple slip. As much as it sucks, it's good business.

I personally think they could book it smarter and give the girls TWO shorter segments on the show (you know, the match where they have to go to commercial) one for the tna every idiot loves to set up the match and the next to have them wrestle, which is primarily what I care about.

Buckeye- the sad thing is, the bikini contests, etc. are usually some of the highest rated segments on the show. I remember the Diva Search was always a pretty highly rated segment.

Exactly my point.

I hate it, so much. But it's a necessary evil, sadly.

Buckeye- the sad thing is, the bikini contests, etc. are usually some of the highest rated segments on the show. I remember the Diva Search was always a pretty highly rated segment.

Which is why I'm glad it's Baseball season. I can watch the game during all the crappy bikini contests and what not. In fact, I think the only thing I've watch on RAW at all in the past few weeks were the DX segments just in case they did something entertaining. For the recorded, I will say that I have enjoyed watching DX. Hopefully, the WWE won't screw it up.

RAW 7/10:

Cena/Benjamin was a fun opener, and a good way to hook the audience quickly with a Cena match. Seemed the hottest crowd heat came during WWE Unlimited though...Vince and Shane wanting to destroy Eugene tonight was kinda random, and him being excited about DX was kind of a lame way to get things started....Melina/Trish was pretty good too. The one bright spot in splitting up MNM was Melina being added to the women's division....Conway got beat up by Striker during Unlimited after the average Highlanders match. Don't tell me they're making Robert a face- he's a great heel....I liked Foley's promo on Flair. But I don't like Naitch in ECW....

The ending with Haas and Viscera sharing a laugh didn't make much sense, even with King's attempted explanation....I liked the Edge/Lita/hotel segments....I don't usually change the channel during wrestling, but I had to turn it to the Home-Run Derby during the DivaSearch segment....Thanks to that, I missed the short Val/Orton match, but I did catch his promo at the end....Come on, Grisham doing announcing for the last match, and he doesn't even pull out the "MAAAAINNNN EEEVENNNNT" call? (A little inside "Heat" joke)....I liked Eugene getting the surprise win after everyone forgot him, as well as Vince's code phrase, but the rest of the last segment I could do without.

Decent show. What was wrong with The Miz?

I like Haas, but he really doesnt get any crowd reaction, as either a face or heel. Poor guy.

Not using Shelton to my liking, kid has too much flair to be used as he has been lately.

D-X kind of sucked tonight, but oh well. I guess the classic DX+recent DX made tonights DX kind of...ho hum?

Good news, in that there might soon be a Hardy Boyz reunion.

Guest FishFanInPA

the miz sucks at life.....he was so dumb, he wrote the damn number on his arm.

I'm pissed i missed my boy Orton's promo but oh well.....

The show tonight was just meh....

I haven't seen wrestling in a WHILE, but I actually caught RAW last night. I can't believe old man Flair is still around, poor guy needs to retire already. WOO!

Believe it or not, Flair is one fo the better parts of RAW.

O rly?

Heh. I just gotta see that match against The Big Show. That should be entertaining...

I haven't seen wrestling in a WHILE, but I actually caught RAW last night. I can't believe old man Flair is still around, poor guy needs to retire already. WOO!

O rly?

Heh. I just gotta see that match against The Big Show. That should be entertaining...

It was surprisingly good. Much better than I expected and much better than the rest of the show.

O rly?

It was surprisingly good. Much better than I expected and much better than the rest of the show.

So that was tonight? Ah, oh well.

Hey, that one girl in that Diva contest is a Miami Heat dancer. I just saw this on the news. No wonder she looked so familiar.

Guest FishFanInPA

Some new reports have stated that Joey Styles has stopped protesting things he is asked to do by WWE when it comes to his announcing style. It is no secret he butted heads with Vince McMahon when he first signed with the company and become a full-time announcer on Monday Night RAW. His switch over to the ECW brand looked to have been a nice transition, only that McMahon and WWE still want him to announce a certain way regardless if it is ECW or not now that it is under the WWE umbrella.

One report this week stated that Styles had a long meeting with Vince McMahon following the ECW TV taping and that he came out in a less than good mood. So while Styles has a history of calling matches a certain way, WWE wants him to forget that and try a different approach. Whether or not the Tuesday meeting Styles had with McMahon will see that change remains to be seen.

Wrestlinginc.com

Some new reports have stated that Joey Styles has stopped protesting things he is asked to do by WWE when it comes to his announcing style. It is no secret he butted heads with Vince McMahon when he first signed with the company and become a full-time announcer on Monday Night RAW. His switch over to the ECW brand looked to have been a nice transition, only that McMahon and WWE still want him to announce a certain way regardless if it is ECW or not now that it is under the WWE umbrella.

One report this week stated that Styles had a long meeting with Vince McMahon following the ECW TV taping and that he came out in a less than good mood. So while Styles has a history of calling matches a certain way, WWE wants him to forget that and try a different approach. Whether or not the Tuesday meeting Styles had with McMahon will see that change remains to be seen.

Wrestlinginc.com

That sucks. I personnally really like Joey Styles style of announcing.