Official Wrestling Discussion

I bought a ticket for Great American Bash when they first went on sale 4-5 months ago, I'm regretting it now...it's going to suck so bad

I dont think it will be that bad.

Cena Lashley

Kane Edge

Khali Batista

Punk Nitro

Orton Dream

There have been worse cards, but that one seems fine to me.

Don't know if it's true but some news sites are reporting that Edge has a torn pec and will be unable to compete at The Bash. He has an announcement scheduled for SD so it could be true. Looks like it's so bad that he'll forfeit on SD on they'll have a Battle Royale. I say give the damn belt to Matt Hardy already.

Don't know if it's true but some news sites are reporting that Edge has a torn pec and will be unable to compete at The Bash. He has an announcement scheduled for SD so it could be true. Looks like it's so bad that he'll forfeit on SD on they'll have a Battle Royale. I say give the damn belt to Matt Hardy already.

Yes this is true but come on Matt Freaking Hardy? He may be over with the fans but he's no way believable as a champion. The guy in the past year alone has jobbed to the likes of Gregory Helms, Sylvester Terkay, and the Road Warrior.

Guest FishFanInPA

The PPV has some potential but I think it's time to make Lashley champion and have a Kennedy-Lashley feud with Cena feuding with HHH and Booker with Orton...

Courtesty PWINsider.com

WWE World champion Edge is expected to announce that he will be vacating the championship at tonight's Smackdown taping due to a torn pectoral muscle with a new champion being crowned tonight, possibly in a battle royal or Fatal Four Way match. My guess for the most likely new champion is Mark Henry, Batista or Matt Hardy, unless they bring back Rey Mysterio and hotshot it right to

him.

I was bored tonight and purchased Victory Road and it was a very very big meh, which is disappoint because depsite TNA's complete lack of intelligence towards booking their PPV's are usually the goods.

Anyway, they brought in Dustin Rhodes and that of course equals ratings.

But the overall PPV had two good matches(main event which was excellent and the X division opener) otherwise though is was some crap(VKM Vs the Bashams) and then just the rest was standard TNA PPV matches. They were good the first time I saw them but the PPV's don't really have the excitement that the WWE can produce it's just the same ppv month after month just different players.

Sorry. I would've posted sooner but I've been exhausted these past few days. Anyhow, I must say I agree with you. It wasn't a great PPV and it wasn't a bad one. It was just meh. Ultimate X was fun as always. I'd like to see the X-Division guys get more oppertunities to shine. Also, I think they should start moving Daniels towards the World Title Picture and let some of the other X-Division guys bask in the X-Division Title Glory.

WTF is up with Dustin Rhodes. I'm willing to let that new voodoo chick slide since it appears that they may be planning to actually have her wrestle (as silly as she may be) (I really liked the "What is that?" chants), but Dustin Rhodes. Bah! Bah, I say! The Main Event was great, which is good because I was really worried about how they were going to pull that one off.

I was irritated that Chris Harris lost. I a big Christian Cage fan, but Chris Harris should've one that match. There are too many older wrestlers in the title picture right now, half of which aren't ever originally from TNA. At Slammiversary, I was rooting for Samoa Joe, but once I found out Chris Harris was the 5th man, I was rooting for him, and neither of them won.

On a side note, I'm glad to see they haven't been having as many gimmic matches lately. I was getting irritated with those.

Anyhow, as I stated, it was an ok PPV, but nothing special.

DECATUR, Ga. (AP) -- Pro wrestler Chris Benoit had a steroid and other drugs in his system when he killed his wife and young son last month and hanged himself in the family's home, investigators said Tuesday.

Benoit's body contained 10 times the normal level of testosterone, as well as the anti-anxiety drug Xanax and the painkiller hydrocodone, authorities said.

The testosterone, a synthetic version of the primary male sex hormone, is considered an anabolic steroid. The state's top medical examiner said it appeared to have been injected shortly before Benoit died.

Dr. Kris Sperry said there was no evidence of any other steroids in the wrestler's body, and nothing to show that steroids played a role in the death of Nancy and Daniel Benoit. He also said the boy appeared to have been sedated when he was asphyxiated, and Benoit's wife had a "therapeutic" level of sedatives in her body.

Sperry said there is no consensus that the use of testosterone can contribute to paranoia, depression and violent outbursts known as "roid rage."

"This a question that basically no one knows the answer to," Sperry said. "There is conflicting scientific data as to whether or not testosterone creates mental disorders or leads to outbursts of rage," he said. "There's data that suggests it and other data that refute it."

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation said Benoit tested negative for alcohol.

Benoit killed his wife and 7-year-old son, placed Bibles next to their bodies and then hanged himself on the cable of a weight machine. After the slayings, prescription anabolic steroids were found in the family's home, raising questions about whether the drugs played a role in the killings.

Benoit's wife, Nancy, tested positive for Xanax, hydrocodone and the painkiller hydromorphone. Daniel Benoit had Xanax in his system, authorities said.

The GBI said it could not perform tests for steroids or human growth hormones on the boy because of a lack of urine.

Federal authorities have charged Benoit's personal physician, Dr. Phil Astin, with improperly prescribing painkillers and other drugs to two patients other than Benoit. He has pleaded not guilty.

Investigators have also raided Astin's office several times since the deaths, seizing prescription records and other documents.

Before he was charged, Astin told the AP he prescribed testosterone for Benoit, a longtime friend, in the past. He would not say what, if any, medications he prescribed when Benoit visited his office June 22, the day authorities believe Benoit killed his wife.

World Wrestling Entertainment last screened Benoit for steroids in April. It said the results released Tuesday were proof Benoit did not test positive for illegal substances.

"All it means is that scientifically, it's now known that sometime between April 10 and when he died, he had treatment with testosterone," said Jerry McDevitt, a WWE attorney. "That's all it establishes."

Copyright 2007 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Remember how everyone was saying that last weeks Raw was probably low because because of the HR Derby, Cena wasn't there, and people were watching Admin King because the wrestlers were there?

Well with no derby, Cena back, and Admin King not having wrestlers on, RAW's rating...

...stayed the same.

Last week they got 3.4, this week they repeated that with another 3.4. ROFFLE.

Remember how everyone was saying that last weeks Raw was probably low because because of the HR Derby, Cena wasn't there, and people were watching Admin King because the wrestlers were there?

Well with no derby, Cena back, and Admin King not having wrestlers on, RAW's rating...

...stayed the same.

Last week they got 3.4, this week they repeated that with another 3.4. ROFFLE.

And hotshotting the belt to someone is going to suddenly turn this around because that seems to be your solution. I take it you didn't look at the breakdowns after last week's Raw as I said. Well I'll than pardon the pun break it down for you, Cena is the biggest draw on Raw. The reason this Raw was again in the toilet is because both key spots in the night we're filled with garbage no one would be interested enough to tune in to they were Booker arguing with King, Orton battling a very green Cody Runnels, and your two top guys having a debate. Of course, the ratings are going to suck when a wrestling show features very little wrestling in the three spots where they build their ratings off of.

Cena may not deliver the ratings the WWE expects but right now he's the best they have and hotshotting the title to someone else will not work, nor has it ever worked. It takes time to deliver the belt to a new batch of guys and have it work. Austin was being groomed for the title right after his King of the Ring speech it still took two years before he actually got the belt. Same with the rock, and the same with HHH. But yeah putting the belt on a guy like Matt Hardy who's not won a signifigant series of singles matches since... Oh, it's never happened will certianly turn this company around.

God I love the state of wrestling

PWInsider reports that The Great Khali is expected to leave tonight's WWE SmackDown! with the World Championship.

He will then defend his title against Batista at the Great American Bash.

Word broke early Tuesday that Edge will drop his title at tonight's tapings in order to take time to tend to a torn pectoral muscle. No word is available on the expected duration of his absence.

Just end the brand extension already Vince.

THeir's still a doubt this scenario doesn't play out, Vince sometimes will do rewrites if stuff like this hits the net

Edit, Another piece of info is that Marcus Cor Von did not show up for ECW tonight so his planned match with CM Punk has been canceled.

And hotshotting the belt to someone is going to suddenly turn this around because that seems to be your solution. I take it you didn't look at the breakdowns after last week's Raw as I said. Well I'll than pardon the pun break it down for you, Cena is the biggest draw on Raw.

Nice way to put words in my mouth. I didn't say anything about giving Cena's title to anyone else. I realize that WWE is all about money and Cena is their biggest draw. Never once did I say to give the title to someone else. Would it be nice to see? Yes. Would it be better for them? Probably not unless Lashley continues to become a favorite. Also, I'm the one that posted the damn first and second half breakdowns from last weeks RAW. I guess I don't look at what I post, huh?

The reason this Raw was again in the toilet is because both key spots in the night we're filled with garbage no one would be interested enough to tune in to they were Booker arguing with King, Orton battling a very green Cody Runnels, and your two top guys having a debate. Of course, the ratings are going to suck when a wrestling show features very little wrestling in the three spots where they build their ratings off of.

Thank you, Captain Obvious. I just find it hilarious that a bunch of people were saying that Cena was the reason ratings were low then this week with Cena, no derby, and no wrestlers on Admin King, they still get that low rating. Now the excuse is that the product sucked. There have been plenty of bad shows with good ratings.

Cena may not deliver the ratings the WWE expects but right now he's the best they have and hotshotting the title to someone else will not work, nor has it ever worked. It takes time to deliver the belt to a new batch of guys and have it work. Austin was being groomed for the title right after his King of the Ring speech it still took two years before he actually got the belt. Same with the rock, and the same with HHH. But yeah putting the belt on a guy like Matt Hardy who's not won a signifigant series of singles matches since... Oh, it's never happened will certianly turn this company around.

Once again, thank you for putting words in my mouth. Please tell me when I said that giving Matt Hardy the belt would turn the company around. Edge is injured and has to forfeit the title. Might as well give it to Matt Hardy. He's incredibly over and they promised him a main event push when he was resigned. Instead, he was jobbing week after week and was put in a crappy feud with Christian. Thanks for the history lesson on Austin and The Rock but I already knew that. And tell me, was John Cena groomed for years like they were? How about Lashley? Nitro? And at least they actually lost the title. If the WWE has no one to put the belt on that's no one's fault but their own.

I don't know what the hell your problem is in the first place. I made a sarcastic comment towards WWE and their sh*tty ratings and you act like I'm complaining/poking fun at them. Plain and simple, those ratings are garbage.

Also, don't confuse me with a one of those annoying IWC smarts/smarks. I stick to WWE and don't care for all those other promotions (Except IWA:PR) that aren't on TV. I like wrestling, but not that much. If it's on TV, I'll watch it but I'm not wasting my time by downloading matches from some indy fed that everyone thinks is Godly and I'm sure as hell not wasting money by buying DVD's. I'll watch TNA and I do enjoy it sometimes but I'm not one of those "TNA OWNZ WWE LOL" people.

Nice way to put words in my mouth. I didn't say anything about giving Cena's title to anyone else. I realize that WWE is all about money and Cena is their biggest draw. Never once did I say to give the title to someone else. Would it be nice to see? Yes. Would it be better for them? Probably not unless Lashley continues to become a favorite. Also, I'm the one that posted the damn first and second half breakdowns from last weeks RAW. I guess I don't look at what I post, huh?

Your quote from last week was a direct attack on Cena. The whole "thanks for putting words in my mouth" is so played it's a cop out. You were obviously inferring belief that Cena is a problem. You clearly don't like him, so I'm supposed to believe you want the belt to stay on him? "I really f***ing hate this guy, but please continue his push" That's the logic you're trying to get me to believe apparently. BTW, those were not the breakdowns I'm talking about, I'm talking the ratings breakdowns of each segment the WWE runs. For instance thanks to these breakdowns we know the exact moment Tony Schiavone ridiculed Mick Foley when he was about to win the world title, over 600,000 viewers at that very moment switched over from Nitro to Raw.

Thank you, Captain Obvious. I just find it hilarious that a bunch of people were saying that Cena was the reason ratings were low then this week with Cena, no derby, and no wrestlers on Admin King, they still get that low rating. Now the excuse is that the product sucks

Well let me get this straight(because god forbid I put the dreaded words in your mouth which is a disease so deadly no man has ever come back from it), you believe the whole arguement about Cena not being their is out the window because he was there this week and the ratings still sucked. Well let me ask you this(I don't want to patronize but I guess I'm going to get my head bitten off if I put words in your mouth) is Cena debating Lashley actual wrestling? Isn't the the WWE a wrestling company? Isn't the main event usually supposed to be a wrestling match?

Any type of Debate or contract signing has always been sh*t in terms of rating but the writing staff apparently loves the bit

Once again, thank you for putting words in my mouth. Please tell me when I said that giving Matt Hardy the belt would turn the company around. Edge is injured and has to forfeit the title. Might as well give it to Matt Hardy. He's incredibly over and they promised him a main event push when he was resigned. Instead, he was jobbing week after week and was put in a crappy feud with Christian. Thanks for the history lesson on Austin and The Rock but I already knew that. And tell me, was John Cena groomed for years like they were? How about Lashley? Nitro? And at least they actually lost the title. If the WWE has no one to put the belt on that's no one's fault but their own.

He's incredibbly over as a midcard performer which means nothing in the main event. He hasn't won a serious set of matches in ever, he's in fact lost more than won, and if you want to equate the idea of being over in the midcard to winning the world title it means by that same logic booking Eugene to win the world title three years ago would have been a strong idea. Eugene was the most over guy in the company three years ago but he wasn't a believable champion according to the booking. Also Cena was in fact in the company for three years before winning the world belt the same time as the Rock and Austin. Nitro has been here for three years and Lashley two but I hardly consider the ECW championship a real belt

I don't know what the hell your problem is in the first place. I made a sarcastic comment towards WWE and their sh*tty ratings and you act like I'm complaining/poking fun at them. Plain and simple, those ratings are garbage.

Also, don't confuse me with a one of those annoying IWC smarts/smarks. I stick to WWE and don't care for all those other promotions (Except IWA:PR) that aren't on TV. I like wrestling, but not that much. If it's on TV, I'll watch it but I'm not wasting my time by downloading matches from some indy fed that everyone thinks is Godly and I'm sure as hell not wasting money by buying DVD's. I'll watch TNA and I do enjoy it sometimes but I'm not one of those "TNA OWNZ WWE LOL" people.

Sorry then but I was the one who made the comment about Cena last week so yeah your statement was kinda of directly pointed at me and in general the people that harp on Cena all the time are generally IWC

And the reason Raw got poor ratings this week is (I dont feel like quoting everyone above) because they put on a horrible show. The main event is a debate? Come on what a joke. The rest of the show was total crap. I took 5 years off from wrestling 2001-2006, and since I returned in january this has been the worst show.

BTW i thought this was pretty amazing. Raw got a 3.4 this week, in 1999 they got a 9.1 when nitro was preempted! That means all those fans stopped watching.