Official Wrestling Discussion

Guest FishFanInPA

Unlike the rest of you i think this is going to be a good ppv.

Sandman wins because Vince wants to give him a push.

Candice wins because we all win in the end.

MVP wins because Matt Hardy wins the big matches when they don't matter...this one matters.

Orton better win...

Umaga wins because Jeff Hardy is being made a joke by them.

Morrison wins only because he generates more buzz...sure everyone loves Punk but I don't think he wins the title until Summerslam.

Batista wins because it's finally his chance and he will take down the two giants.

I want Lashley to win because it's time for a new champ but I have a feeling their going to be enamored with a Trips/Cena feud.

things the WWE needs to do to fix the company:

1. Eliminate house shows...back in the day, house shows were a big deal, as they were the only time you would see name wrestlers going against each other...now guys are being overworked, causing more injuries

2. End the brand extension...unify the WHC and WWE titles, the US and IC titles, and the tag titles, and bring back the European championship...except for the main eventers, if someone works Raw, they have Smackdown off, and vice versa.

3. Give all wrestlers time off...again, this goes back to guys being overworked...let all the wrestlers get 3-4 months a year off (one month at a time or something like that)...this would also allow some of the midcarders to keep their jobs and/ or get on TV more

4. Stop promoting steroid use...when you have guys like Batista and Lashley getting pushes based solely on their physiques, that encourages it...they should never push a guy because of his physique...look at Chris Masters, even though I'm not a fan, it's f***ed up what they did to him. He gets a push because of his physique, tests positive for steroids, and get suspended. He gets healthy, and as a result gets buried because of his lost weight, so obviously he is left with no choice but to start gassing again

5. Only have the women that can wrestle in matches (namely Mickie, Victoria, Beth Phoenix, Jillian, and to a lesser extent Melina. Put the eye candy divas in non wrestling roles

6. Have no more than one PPV a month...having too many PPVs forces them to have pointless matches, and having some of them too close together doesn't allow for enough buildup

1. Eliminate house shows...back in the day, house shows were a big deal, as they were the only time you would see name wrestlers going against each other...now guys are being overworked, causing more injuries

2. End the brand extension...unify the WHC and WWE titles, the US and IC titles, and the tag titles, and bring back the European championship...except for the main eventers, if someone works Raw, they have Smackdown off, and vice versa.

3. Give all wrestlers time off...again, this goes back to guys being overworked...let all the wrestlers get 3-4 months a year off (one month at a time or something like that)...this would also allow some of the midcarders to keep their jobs and/ or get on TV more

4. Stop promoting steroid use...when you have guys like Batista and Lashley getting pushes based solely on their physiques, that encourages it...they should never push a guy because of his physique...look at Chris Masters, even though I'm not a fan, it's f***ed up what they did to him. He gets a push because of his physique, tests positive for steroids, and get suspended. He gets healthy, and as a result gets buried because of his lost weight, so obviously he is left with no choice but to start gassing again

5. Only have the women that can wrestle in matches (namely Mickie, Victoria, Beth Phoenix, Jillian, and to a lesser extent Melina. Put the eye candy divas in non wrestling roles

6. Have no more than one PPV a month...having too many PPVs forces them to have pointless matches, and having some of them too close together doesn't allow for enough buildup

I've always thought that house shows were a joke anyway - especially when you're having them a few nights prior to a PPV and guys are risking injury for a meaningless, non-televised match. As for cutting PPV's down to 1 a month: didn't they start doing that already? Or atleast that's what I understood.

I've always thought that house shows were a joke anyway - especially when you're having them a few nights prior to a PPV and guys are risking injury for a meaningless, non-televised match. As for cutting PPV's down to 1 a month: didn't they start doing that already? Or atleast that's what I understood.

I am sure they keep house shows because of $$$. How many house shows are there a week, 3? Lets say a house show averages 8,000 people at $40 a ticket. Thats $320,000 a week and almost 17 million a year. That's 17 million reasons to have house shows.

House shows also let the WWE go to places they normally wouldnt have Raw or Smackdown.

I am sure they keep house shows because of $$$. How many house shows are there a week, 3? Lets say a house show averages 8,000 people at $40 a ticket. Thats $320,000 a week and almost 17 million a year. That's 17 million reasons to have house shows.

House shows also let the WWE go to places they normally wouldnt have Raw or Smackdown.

How much money do you think they've lost from all these big names being out either due to an injury that happened at a house show or due to being overworked, between ratings, buyrates, sponsors, ticket sales, and merchandise? If you add the money lost, and the extra money it costs to run this house shows, I'd bet they barely break even

Wanting to unify the IC and US titles so you can just add another singles in the European championship is pointless.

Just leave it as is, WWE-IC-US in that order of importance.

I would love the brand extension to end myself. I didnt care for it too much in the first place.

Wanting to unify the IC and US titles so you can just add another singles in the European championship is pointless.

I would love the brand extension to end myself. I didnt care for it too much in the first place.

You can't have two of the same titles

thing is, the IC and US titles have the same stature...the US title has actually been around a longer and at the very least has an equal legacy

How much money do you think they've lost from all these big names being out either due to an injury that happened at a house show or due to being overworked, between ratings, buyrates, sponsors, ticket sales, and merchandise? If you add the money lost, and the extra money it costs to run this house shows, I'd bet they barely break even

Back when they were getting huge ratings, they still had house shows. I dont understand how you can blame house shows for low ratings.

Nice, another match added to the great american bash:

Gauntlet match for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship: Chavo Guerrero ? vs. Jimmy Wang Yang vs. Shannon Moore vs. Funaki vs. Jamie Noble

Should be a good one...I think Rey Myserio will be involved somehow...he will either cost Chavo the match, or be a surprise entrant

Back when they were getting huge ratings, they still had house shows. I dont understand how you can blame house shows for low ratings.

i'm not saying they're the reason, but how can you say that it doesn't make matters worse? You don't think the ratings would be better if guys like the Undertaker, HBK, Rey Mysterio, etc. were around, or if Mr. Kennedy was actually able to be put in a match or storyline?

You can't have two of the same titles

thing is, the IC and US titles have the same stature...the US title has actually been around a longer and at the very least has an equal legacy

Not in the WWE they arent.

i'm not saying they're the reason, but how can you say that it doesn't make matters worse? You don't think the ratings would be better if guys like the Undertaker, HBK, Rey Mysterio, etc. were around, or if Mr. Kennedy was actually able to be put in a match or storyline?

I am sure ratings would be higher if people weren't injured. However, can you solely blame house shows? I mean dont most injuries take place at the PPVs?

Either way they have been doing house shows for the past 20 years. I doubt they are going to stop now especially since they bring in millions of dollars to the WWE. If house shows weren't profitable, the wwe wouldnt put them on. Its really that easy, they arent going to tour around if they arent making a ton of money.

There's no point talking about the host, but I think this says it best re: Marc Mero...as always, Lance Storm is dead on

http://www.stormwrestling.com/072007.html

Attention Marc Mero

July 20, 2007

I watched the Glen Beck show tonight on CNN Headline News, and Beck was talking about wrestling yet again, and one of his guests was Marc Mero. Mero has been doing a ton of interviews lately, but something he said tonight struck a chord and really pissed me off. If someone has an email address for Marc please feel free to send him a link to my rant because I would love for him to read it and perhaps even send me his thoughts on it. I will make an attempt to be professional here but I can’t guarantee I will succeed; as I mentioned I am pretty pissed off.

The comment that Marc made that got under my skin was his response to Glen Beck, when he asked what Marc was on when he was in WWE (actually Beck kept calling him Mike, but I’ll let that slide). Marc responded (I don’t have an exact quote but this should be damn close). “Mainly pain killers, because you had to, to make all the towns and deal with the punishment you inflicted on your body.� bulls***!!!!! “Had to� is a F---ing excuse used all the time by guys on drugs. Marc also talked about taking steroids because he “HAD� to, to compete and get a job. Well you know what Marc, I didn’t f---ing have to. I didn’t take Steroids, or pain pills to work. EVER!!!! I respect the fact that you are trying to do a good thing here but you are doing your cause a disservice by not admitting you were part of the damn problem. You are spewing the same bulls*** excuses that the boys have been spewing for years, and it is this cop out bulls*** excuse of “HAVING� to do it to deal with pain or get ahead, that perpetuates the very drug problems you are trying to stop.

Let’s be honest here, and this is where I may stir a lot of heat, but I don’t care, I’m pissed off. Marc Mero was not a very talented guy. When he was in WCW he was not, what you could call an in-ring general or great worker, so why did he have a job? He had a job because he took steroids to get a job he didn’t deserve. Steroids gave him the look that the company was willing to push despite his level of ability. Now Marc Mero can defend himself as much as he wants, with if he didn’t do steroids for the spot someone else would have, but that doesn’t excuse his actions. I was a worker at that time Marc, and I was close to your size and a hell of a lot more talented, and I wasn’t doing steroids nor have I EVER. Have you ever considered that you taking steroids cost a more deserving person who wasn’t on steroids, the opportunity he deserved, and in turn then put additional pressure on them to do steroids, to get the spot they actually deserved in the first place? Thankfully I had the backbone to not cave in to steroid and drug pressures, and enough talent to still make a career for myself, but so many others didn’t.

I’m not saying Marc Mero is the only guy in the business to have done this, or that he is a bad person today because of it, but he needs to realize not admitting he was part of the problem, completely kills his credibility. This bulls*** mentality of “I did steroids because I had to�, or “I took pain pills because I had to to make all the towns� is a complete load of crap. This business is tough yes, but less talented, or smaller guys who take steroids to get a job or push they don’t deserve just makes it tougher. “Everyone else was doing it� is a bulls*** excuse your Mother wouldn’t accept when you were 10, Mark, quit using it now. Not EVERYONE else was doing it and those of use who weren’t either suffered for it, or gave into the pressure and got dragged down the toilet with you. You may be trying to do a good thing here, but admit that you were part of the problem, and realize that your past actions may have pushed others into drug use, maybe even some of the people on your “Dead Wrestlers� list.

Speaking of the “Dead Wrestlers� list, I’m begging you to get an accurate one so those within the industry can’t bring up valid arguments to defend themselves. The list we keep seeing includes deaths from Breast cancer, accidents, you name it. Instead of pulling out a bogus list of 100+ people, can we not use the accurate list of 50+, is 50-60 dead people not tragic enough?

Before I wrap this up, I want to point out that I am not attempting to defend WWE or the Industry as a whole here. I think they should share some of the responsibility and blame for drug use in this industry. I also think for the most part Marc Mero is trying to fight a good fight, with good intentions. It just angers me when the people who started the problem or continued to perpetuate it, deny they are the biggest part of the problem, and then after reaping the rewards of their actions later claim victim status and try to dump all the responsibility on those who are likely more guilty of not stopping the problem or looking the other way than actually causing the problem in the first place. I respect Marc Mero for trying to do something good here, and this tirade should actually be directed at everyone in the industry who has used these excuses or done the drugs to get ahead, Marc’s just the guy using them on national TV and getting my attention. This was not meant as a personal attack Marc, and this was far stiffer that I originally intended, but I think my points are valid and stand by them.

TNA should send Marc Mero a thank you letter for giving me something new to rant about.

Lance Evers

here's another recent article that everyone should read

http://www.stormwrestling.com/071607.html

I know they bring in money, but my main point was having them just days prior to ppv's - sometime's even a day before.

I know they bring in money, but my main point was having them just days prior to ppv's - sometime's even a day before.

I agree with that. I have no problem with them not doing house shows a day or two before PPV's. The bottom line is the WWE is all about money. As long as house shows are bring in over $300,000 (not counting food, drinks or merchandise) the WWE will continue to do them.

House shows are great. It's completely different from what you see on television. You see a lot of the undercard really get to show their talent and even some big name stars. I personnally love house shows.

Did you decided about either of the maine shows? I am getting my tickets to the aug 12 show in Kingston, RI.

House shows are great. It's completely different from what you see on television. You see a lot of the undercard really get to show their talent and even some big name stars. I personnally love house shows.

Did you decided about either of the maine shows? I am getting my tickets to the aug 12 show in Kingston, RI.

Yeah, I'm not going to go. I couldn't convince any friends to go with me and that's part of the fun. I hate going to to social events alone. And while not wrestling related, I'm still gonna try and get tickets to the Megadeth show in Hampton Beach in September.

Yeah AAA is excellent the only thing that sucks is they sometimes don't always show the show's in order.

Anyway, I got my satire of rejected John Morrison gimmicks posted on my favorite wrestling site the wrestlingfan. Hopefully this will one day lead to a full on staff job but until then I'm quite proud of the article complete with one mantaur joke(old WWE wrestler's whose entire gimmick was he was a bull, I do not lie)

Anyway here's the satire, please give me your thoughts

http://www.thewrestlingfan.com/guest28.html

Guest FishFanInPA

Matt Hardy vs. MVP for the U.S. title is up first. MVP won the match after hitting Hardy with the Playmaker in a good match.

Dusty Rhodes did a promo.

The cruiserweight open is next. Good fast paced match that saw Hornswoggle run in at the end of the match and hit a frog splash on Jamie Noble to win the cruiserweight title. So much for that title.

A promo for Triple H aired. A promo aired for Bobby Lashley. The WWE has done a good job making the Cena - Lashley match seem like a big deal over the last week.

The Sandman vs. Carlito in a Singapore cane on a pole match is up next. Carlito pinned Sandman after using a backcracker after Sandman had gotten the cane. The cane was never used.

Randy Orton was interviewed backstage.

Guest FishFanInPA

Melina vs. Candice Michelle for the women's championship is up next. Michelle won the match with a standing bulldog.

A comedy skit aired of Matt Hardy telling Jeff to stay focused to win his match. Candice Michelle then came in and poured water all over herself to some porno sounding music. Ron Simmons came in and you know the rest.