Beginning of the Season Predictions Recall

DurableTear

DurableTear's Predictions

Marlins' Record: 89-73

Marlins Projected Five Starters' Record:

A.J. Burnett: Will prove to everyone he's an All-Star quality pitcher (if he stays off the DL) and will blow away hitters with his 98mph fastball.

ERA: 3.35

Record: 20-8

Strike Outs: 200+

Innings: 200+

Josh Beckett: Will show everyone that his blister problem is heeled and will prove that he's the next Nolan Ryan.

ERA: 3.10

Record: 19-5

Strike Outs: 200+

Brad Penny: Might spend some time on and off the DL but will improve a lot..

ERA: 4.05

Record: 10-4

Strike Outs: 120+

Innings: 100+

Mark Redman: Turns into the key lefty in the rotation and has an impressive year.

ERA: 3.85

Record: 16-5

Strike Outs: 130+

Carl Pavano: Will be the sleeper in the rotation.

Record: 14-6

Innings: 180+

Bullpen will be solid..

Braden Looper: The next Rob Nen.

ERA: 3.10

Record: 4-4

Saves: 45+

Marlins' Lineup

Luis Castillo: Gold Glove caliber defense, will run like hell, hits over .300 again.

AVG: .302 - .315

HR: 1 - 4

RBI: 15 - 30

SB: 40+

Juan Pierre: Tons of bunt singles, always will be a threat to steal, can anyone say bunt double?

AVG: .280 - .305

HR: 0 - 4

Pudge Rodriguez: Will get the key base hits when needed, great defense, RBIs, RBIs, and more RBIs.

AVG: .305 - .350

HR: 22 - 35

RBI: 110 - 140

2B: 30+

Derrek Lee: Will improve, hit more for power, but will still strike out a ton.

AVG: .260 - .285

HR: 32 - 40

RBI: 89 - 105

SO: 120+

SB: 20+

Mike Lowell: The usual, great defense, streaky hitter, expect the best from Lowell.

AVG: .285 - .305

HR: 18 - 27

RBI: 89 - 102

2B: 35+

Juan Encarnacion: An All-Star, huge season, cuts down on the Ks, makes a statement for himself.

AVG: .290 - .310

HR: 30 - 40

RBI: 85 - 105

SB: 30+

SO: 80+

Todd Holandsworth: Gets a hit once in a while, stays off the DL, nothing more than an average season.

AVG: .250 - .265

HR: 10 - 18

RBI: 42 - 70

SB: 15+

Alex Gonzalez: The usual dose. A below average year, may improve a little, provide some good defense, probably end the year in the DL, won't turn around his career.

AVG: .200 - .250

HR: 3 - 10

RBI: 20 - 45

SO: 150+

All Stars Caliber Players: Pudge, Lowell, Lee, Encarnacion, Castillo, Burnett, Beckett, Redman

Gold Gloves Caliber Players: Pudge, Lowell, Encarnacion, Castillo, Lee

OK, here I go. I did not want to have to do this but you guys forced my hand. I am now breaking out the reality stick, all of you unrealistic optimists better duck!

Ramp and whoever predicted their stats....we will not have four 100 RBI guys! What are some of you thinking? We dont have much power or great hitters, we wont be scoring 159,398,387 runs this year to get all of those RBIs.

DT, were you dropped on your head as a child? We will not have 8 all-stars in the game. That was the alltime dumbest thing i have ever read.....until i saw that you predicted us to have 5 gold glovers! has a team ever had 3 in 1 year, let alone 5? lets settle for 1 first, then go for 5. I hope you were coked up when u wrote your predictions, its the only legit excuse.

minus, we will not have four 15 game winners, its just not going to happen.

GET A GRIP ON REALITY PEOPLE. ITS OK TO BE OPTIMISTIC, BUT DONT BE STUPID BE REAL!

HAHAHAHAHAHA :lol

:mischief

Mark Redman: Turns into the key lefty in the rotation and has an impressive year.

Juan Pierre: Tons of bunt singles, always will be a threat to steal, can anyone say bunt double?

Those predictions were ON!

The Castillo one was good, minus the stolen bases.

And the Penny/Beckett ERA's were about right on.

Those predictions were ON!

The Castillo one was good, minus the stolen bases.

And the Penny/Beckett ERA's were about right on. Thank you, thank you... :mischief

-s*** Alex wouldve had an amazing season if he wouldve batted at least 250 after the 1st two months. Awesome season nontheless. 5th Major LEague SS in the RBI department.

-Cant Say Pudge was a let down. It was an Awesome season, it just wasnt a "Pudge" season LOL.

-Lowell couldve tacked on at least 15 + more RBIs if it wasnt for the injury. Amazing man.

-Who wouldve thought Conine would be back LOL

-Im proud of our starting rotation. They got the job done throughout the WHOLE season. Beckett and Penny finally got motivated. Redman led the way. Pavano was very solid and dependable. And who can forget the D-Train. May have just been the biggest factor that has saved our season.

- Bullpen went from our weak point to one of our strongest points in our team, sometimes even stronger than our offense.

-Our bench became stronger and stronger as the season has gone by. Mordy, TH, Castro, Banks, Redmond, AFOX have kept the mood alive and kicking throughout the season.

-Encarnacion will one day breakout. He didnt do Bad at all this season.

-Pierre was a huge surprise. God Bless him.

-Dlee did improve. He carried us through September and his D has carried us throughout the Season.

-I dont like having favorite players, but the one i sympathize with the most is Castillo. Bravo my friend, you are a true ballplayer in every sense of the word. I Couldnt believe people did not pay attention to him last season when he had the 35 game hitting streak. I hope his World Series slump is nothing big though.

And to the people that we needed to give us that Extra push that allowed us to make it where we are

-Dontrelle. 8 victories in a row, had a 9-1 record at one point. In a point during the streak had a 0.91 ERA. Gave life to an already young and enthusiastic team. Gave life to baseball as well. Also first rookie in history to Outduel Glavine and Johnson during the season.

-TJ. Best Record in baseball since he took over. Sometimes had made wacky decisions, but look at where we are now. He was a major factor.

-Urbina. With Brass Balls and Nerves of Steels, was a solid and effective setupman and closer. People called the trade the worst deal in history.

-Conine. Mr. Marlin comes home. After Lowell's Devastating injury during late august, early september, we needed an extra bat. Mr. Marlin not only comes in and ANNIHILATES the Phillies almost single - handedly, But proves that even at 37 he can still field and compete with the young bloods. The first time i saw him on TV after he was acquired, i thought i was watching the "Ghost of Marlins Past" in left field.

-Cabrera. Out from left field (no pun intended) this young man amazes us fans and shows his calm and coolness during clutch situations. Only 20 years old and already is patient at the plate and is a very good fielder. Has commited a few rookie mistakes here and there, but thats almost automatic from every rookie. VERY strong candidate for ROY award.

- Helling. Pure Veteran. Came in one game when Penny got injured and held the lead for us. Solidified the already strong Pen, and gave valuable experience to those around him.

-Harris. All time leader in Pinch hits. Has come in clutch situations and delivered. Most important moment was during game 2 of the NLDS, he hit a single to keep the inning alive for Juan Pierre.

Now, we are in game 6 of the WORLD f***ING SERIES against he NEW YORK YANKEES!!!?!? Unbelivable.... we beat Thome and his crew, Bonds, Prior and Wood....

LMAO are you kidding me?!?!

Well, Thats why we are the 2003 Florida Marlins, and we never gave up.

Bravo!!

P.S. Anyone remember Chad Allen ?! LOL that guy looked weird

95 wins

Burnett - 20 - 6 2.44 ERA

Beckett - 14 - 8 2.78 ERA

Penny - 16- 10 3.21 ERA

Redman - 12 - 10 3.56 ERA

Pavano - 11 - 11 3.50 ERA

Castillo .302 2hr 41rbi 58sb

Pierre .267 1hr 33rbi 50sb

Pudge .309 31hr 102rbi 2sb

Lee .298 37hr 107rbi 22sb

Lowell .297 24hr 102rbi 3sb

Juan .303 27hr 102rbi 23sb

Todd .276 16hr 89rbi 10sb

Gonzalez .231 17hr 65rbi 11sb

Gold Glove:

Lee , Lowell

All Stars :

Pudge , Castillo , Lee

That was my prediction, i was Marlins4lyf at that time

what you think?

.280 - 30+ HR - 100+ RBIs for Enc next year...

.280 is very respectable, i'm sure enc can do it next year

i don't know about 30 HR, i could never see him hitting 30

that would be almost a 60% increase from this year. i think last year was his breakout "power" year

what you think?

.280 - 30+ HR - 100+ RBIs for Enc next year...

.280 is very respectable, i'm sure enc can do it next year

i don't know about 30 HR, i could never see him hitting 30

that would be almost a 60% increase from this year. i think last year was his breakout "power" year I really think he can do it...

A nice .280 - 30 HR - 100 RBI

2004 = Enc's Breakout Year.