March 25, 200818 yr Sober, LOL! I think for the day games we should hope he's not hungover! Anyway, I'm just looking for a good quality start.
March 25, 200818 yr Sober, LOL! I think for the day games we should hope he's not hungover! Anyway, I'm just looking for a good quality start. oh well
March 25, 200818 yr It seems liker all of a sudden, everyone is going into the season in a slump....except the bullpen of course.
March 25, 200818 yr I don't know how you draw anything good from this outing but at the same time it was obvious even before he went out there he was way, way behind everyone else. Just thinking out loud and it may not be such a good idea but depending on what we see next from Olsen, if he can make adjustments and truly needs more time to get ready that you throw Waechter (or pick any of the older, more experienced guys, whoever you like) out there for a start and buy Olsen an extra week or even two. Added: I felt a little better seeing some of the highlights as a couple of plays were a matter of inches in the 2nd inning and conceivably he gets out with much less damage.
March 26, 200818 yr From what I have read, he was working on his off speed stuff. But wasn't too accurate with his fastball in the 2nd. The wind had alot to do with things as well. That may be a very homerish type response, but it makes some sense. But here's some things positive to take out of this appearance. He went 74 pain-free pitches. He will pitch a simulated game on Sunday. Treanor played back to back games, seems fine, and will catch Stork in a minor league game today.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.