April 9, 200818 yr Individual Leaders STAT PLAYER TOTAL AVG - H. Ram?rez .440 HR - H. Ram?rez 2 RBI - H. Ram?rez 5 R - H. Ram?rez 7 SB H. Ram?rez 1 W - J. Miller 1 SV - K. Gregg 1 IP - M. Hendrickson 10.1 ERA - M. Hendrickson 6.10 Wow, hopefully Olsen can pitch a decent game tonight.
April 9, 200818 yr I like how Hanley Ramirez leads in every offensive cattegory listed And yeah, our pitching sucks.
April 9, 200818 yr I like how Hanley Ramirez leads in every offensive cattegory listed And yeah, our pitching sucks. The starting pitching sucks. The bullpen has pitched great.
April 9, 200818 yr I would use the term "starting pitching" loosely to describe this bunch. Maybe we should call them "early relievers".
April 9, 200818 yr I would use the term "starting pitching" loosely to describe this bunch. Maybe we should call them "early relievers". Nevermind. Our bullpen might take offense.
April 9, 200818 yr Was it Tony LaRussa who experimented with pitching backwards, trying to get X innings from relievers at the front of a game and then bring in his starter?
April 9, 200818 yr we know before season that starting pitching was not going that good we hoping it was good starting pitching
April 9, 200818 yr Was it Tony LaRussa who experimented with pitching backwards, trying to get X innings from relievers at the front of a game and then bring in his starter? :lol Never heard of that, but it sure sounds like something LaRussa would try.
April 9, 200818 yr Actually I think Olsen has a slightly better ERA right now (6.00?), but if I'm not mistaken to qualify to be in the ERA lead you must have pitched a number of innings that is equal to or greater than the number of games your team has played. Thus, to qualify Olsen would have had to throw 7 innings. After tonight, he could be considered. Hopefully he takes the team lead.
April 9, 200818 yr Starting pitching has been awful so far. Can't expect to win games when your starter only goes 4-5 innings. I never thought I'd catch myself saying this but thank God for Pinto. I had no faith in him but he's done a good job so far.
April 9, 200818 yr Was it Tony LaRussa who experimented with pitching backwards, trying to get X innings from relievers at the front of a game and then bring in his starter? That's interesting. I wonder if that would work
April 9, 200818 yr I agree with Marlins2003. Let some of the bullpen guys get the start and then bring in your real starters later on in the game. I mean, it can get much worse than it is right now.
April 9, 200818 yr Funny you guys mention that, cause the Giants and Dodgers did that the other day... Before the game, the local weather guys in L.A forecasted that heavy rains would come around the 2nd inning. Joe Torre and Bruce Bochy didn't want to waste their starters, so each went with a reliever to start the game. Turned out that the weather held up longer than anticipated, so Tim Lincecum came into the game in relief in the 4th inning.... Ironically, the rain came once the starters entered the game and caused an hour rain delay, but he ended up going 4 innings for the win.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.