How Awesome Is This?

BTW, why don't you hotlink that banner in your sig?

Great idea. Thanks :thumbup

I couldn't get a direct link to the ballot because it isn't linked to a URL, it's just a pop-up type of deal, but I did the best I could.

Not as cool as this

:)

shopped.

Im gonna build one of these one day... and then tell you to shove it... until then, you're probably right :(

I think the sunlight on the indoor pool table gives the shopping away.

Not as cool as this

shopped.

Im gonna build one of these one day... and then tell you to shove it... until then, you're probably right :(

That and maybe the fact that you need FELT on the pool table surface. IDK... :shifty

Not as cool as this

shopped.

That and maybe the fact that you need FELT on the pool table surface. IDK... :shifty

No you don't. I mean, you should, but technically you could play on concrete if you wanted to.

No you don't. I mean, you should, but technically you could play on concrete if you wanted to.

True. You could play in your driveway using dixie cups as pockets but:

12. Cloth

The cloth must be non-directional, nap-free billiard fabric which will not pill or fluff, composed of no less than 85% combed worsted wool and no more than 15% nylon. 100% combed worsted wool fabric is preferred. No backed cloth will be allowed. Only the colors of yellow-green, blue-green or electric blue are acceptable for WPA competition.

Source: http://www.wpa-pool.com/index.asp?content=rules_spec

The reason you don't play directly on the slate [or concrete] is because friction is a crucial part of the game. Backspin, english, ball action - they all depend on appropriate friction to achieve predictable results. But if you want to play on glass or plexiglass or concrete, obviously the pool police aren't going to come and arrest you. :p

12. Cloth

The cloth must be non-directional, nap-free billiard fabric which will not pill or fluff, composed of no less than 85% combed worsted wool and no more than 15% nylon. 100% combed worsted wool fabric is preferred. No backed cloth will be allowed. Only the colors of yellow-green, blue-green or electric blue are acceptable for WPA competition.

The reason you don't play directly on the slate [or concrete] is because friction is a crucial part of the game. Backspin, english, ball action - they all depend on appropriate friction to achieve predictable results. But if you want to play on glass or plexiglass or concrete, obviously the pool police aren't going to come and arrest you. :p

It's become my mission to find some sort of (probably synthetic) material to place over plexiglass that's just like that felt material so I can lay it over a clear surface and make that table a reality

12. Cloth

I didn't say it would be the best way to play. :shifty