Scott Olsen

This is about the misfortunes scott olsen has when he pitches

with a 3.51 era how the hell are u 4-4

his run support has been a constant 2 runs per game which shows how he can be an ace by holding the opposing team

Heres an intesting fact i herd last night

against the tb ray this season hes 1-1 now with a nd and has a 0.71 era

wtf score freakin 4 runs for the guy

he goes 8 2/3 nd the score was still 3 to 2

Olsen should be atleast 7 or 8 nd 3

and as to last night his knee was bothering him and was taken out to get it fixed probably stiches with that much blood o nd he pitched with that half the night

is it just me or doesn't it seem like 90% of the games the marlins have lost this year they have taken the lead very early in the game (like last night)

only to give it up right away or late in the game...

so frustrating

If this team could just hold on once it gets a lead it would be 15 games over

is it just me or doesn't it seem like 90% of the games the marlins have lost this year they have taken the lead very early in the game (like last night)

only to give it up right away or late in the game...

so frustrating

If this team could just hold on once it gets a lead it would be 15 games over

That's not actually true.

This is our record when going into the inning with the lead.

2nd	  13-6
3rd	  19-4
4th	  23-4
5th	  26-5
6th	  28-4
7th	  30-3
8th	  32-3
9th	  32-1

Guys, win-loss record is the most meaningless thing in baseball. I refuse to even call it a stat. A stat offers insight into how good a pitcher is. Obviously Olsen's record doesn't tell others that he's been a good pitcher this year.

Yeah, that's not what this thread is about. It's about the fact that he is pitching well and he is only 4-4, which says that he isn't getting any help from the team.

Guys, win-loss record is the most meaningless thing in baseball. I refuse to even call it a stat. A stat offers insight into how good a pitcher is. Obviously Olsen's record doesn't tell others that he's been a good pitcher this year.

Yeah, that's not what this thread is about. It's about the fact that he is pitching well and he is only 4-4, which says that he isn't getting any help from the team.

Isn't getting any help from the team? So, what, are we supposed to be more concerned with Olsen claiming wins rather than the team getting them? Interesting.

Maybe I didn't make myself clear: I understand what's being discussed here, the fact that he has poor run support. Bottom line is, though, Olsen HAS pitched well, and that's all we can ask from him. He has given the team a chance to win more often than not.

Listen, I don't care if Olsen gets a no-decision for the rest of the year. As long as he pitches well, and the Marlins win, even if one of the relievers claims the win, we should all be happy. That is, if our goal is to see the Marlins win. If you're more concerned with seeing Olsen discussed in the Cy Young race, by all means continue discussing in this thread.

Isn't getting any help from the team? So, what, are we supposed to be more concerned with Olsen claiming wins rather than the team getting them? Interesting.

Maybe I didn't make myself clear: I understand what's being discussed here, the fact that he has poor run support. Bottom line is, though, Olsen HAS pitched well, and that's all we can ask from him. He has given the team a chance to win more often than not.

Listen, I don't care if Olsen gets a no-decision for the rest of the year. As long as he pitches well, and the Marlins win, even if one of the relievers claims the win, we should all be happy. That is, if our goal is to see the Marlins win. If you're more concerned with seeing Olsen discussed in the Cy Young race, by all means continue discussing in this thread.

I agree with everything, msg.

If it was up to me I would do away with wins / losses for pitchers.