Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryan Tucker

Featured Replies

Fredi Gonzalez has used Tucker 3x out of the bullpen, and only once in a crucial spot...when he allowed a HR to Russell Martin, but pitched well after that.

 

My point is...it seems like the organization doesn't want Tucker to be like a "yo-yo;" that's why he's not even being considered for the start tomorrow, supposedly.

 

It also seems that Fredi isn't confident enough to use him in key spots out of the pen...as he's done with Lindstrom, lately, for example.

 

So what is he up here for...? I don't want to see the 21 year old pitching in long relief (a spot that is usually reserved for journeymen like Hendrickson), nor do I want to see him for 1 inning, in a blowout game.

 

The guy hasn't pitched in awhile (the last time was the last game BEFORE the All-Star Break).

 

Why not just send him back down to AA (to work on some things), if he's going to be used like this? Instead of having Tucker up (in the "situations" he's being used in), we could call up someone like Williams (a lefty reliever who's done real well in the minors this season).

i dont know but fredi needs to send back to the mudcats. :whistle :shifty :whistle :thumbup :cool :mis2 :blink: :mischief :notworthy :rolleyes: :confused

Yeah, I've been wondering this myself...

 

I would definitely have him right back up, however, if anybody gets injured, or when the roster expands...

 

 

Btw, marlins6, are all those smileys your version of a sig?

Fredi Gonzalez has used Tucker 3x out of the bullpen, and only once in a crucial spot...when he allowed a HR to Russell Martin, but pitched well after that.

 

My point is...it seems like the organization doesn't want Tucker to be like a "yo-yo;" that's why he's not even being considered for the start tomorrow, supposedly.

 

It also seems that Fredi isn't confident enough to use him in key spots out of the pen...as he's done with Lindstrom, lately, for example.

 

So what is he up here for...? I don't want to see the 21 year old pitching in long relief (a spot that is usually reserved for journeymen like Hendrickson), nor do I want to see him for 1 inning, in a blowout game.

 

The guy hasn't pitched in awhile (the last time was the last game BEFORE the All-Star Break).

 

Why not just send him back down to AA (to work on some things), if he's going to be used like this? Instead of having Tucker up (in the "situations" he's being used in), we could call up someone like Williams (a lefty reliever who's done real well in the minors this season).

 

He will probably go back down to AA tomorrow when RVH comes back to start. Of course, I was guessing that he would have been sent back down when JJ came up but I was wrong then. Either way, with Anibal Sanchez and Justin Miller coming back soon, I would guess that both Tucker and Delgado will be back down soon. I agree with you though. I don't see the point.

It could be that the time up with the parent club isn't being wasted and he's working with Wiley on tempo or arm slot or whatever. It's always perplexing when a kid sits as to why.

 

Or in the alternative he's the go to guy when Fredi and Wiley want Big Macs and fries.

Well, I'm not sure who we'd call up. We have no more room on the 40-man, and I don't see us waiving one of them for a journeyman like Randy Williams, who has a 1.591 WHIP in AAA.

I always wanted him back down to work on another pitch. Maybe 2003 is right and Wiley just wants some quality time with him. But I still think getting his starts in at AA and have Rosey go there to help him would be the best idea.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.