Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

A Hole Of the Game 7/23

Featured Replies

  • Author

Ok so not good but not bad either, in the middle if you will.

 

I still think our bats need to step up Rab, and yes I am not pressing the panic button but I am getting somewhat worried.

 

I didn't like coming home and seeing a 9-4 score in favor of the Braves.

I didn't enjoy it either.

 

But what I am saying is that I have no reason to believe that pitching is our strength. Sure, our bats have been cold for about 6 games, but they showed that they were better than that in the other 95 games.

 

The pitching, on the other hand, was about as bad as it could be for 95 games and has been OK at best in the last 6 games.

 

True to an effect but I still don't think our SP was awful as you make it sound in the first 95 games. We were blown out how many games, I'm gona throw out maybe 5,6,7 times? I may be off.

 

Alot of our wins were close one run ball games we rarely had a blow out in our favor. (although we did have some)

 

None of that justifies the pitching, but the fact that we have different opinions on how we see things. I choose to go more on what I see by watching the games and using light stats but I try not to focus on stats too much and in-depth. In your case you look at all stats and situations (which isn't bad or wrong) for example, a runner on 2nd with a 0-1 count to Lo Duca (sound familiar :p ) how many doubles does he have in this situation? Or when a pitcher throws a wild pitch with an opponent on base what are the odds that the runner scores in the inning.

 

etc.

 

 

 

 

 

yea like my pitching coach told me a lead off batter has 85% chance of scoring if he walks rather then 40 % if he gets a hit

  • Author

i donot see any thing about game here. Ricky Nolasco have two back to back bad game our hitting was not as good as we did doing weekend now we hit the road :(

 

 

go to page 2 weve had a conversation since page 3 haha

Ok so not good but not bad either, in the middle if you will.

 

I still think our bats need to step up Rab, and yes I am not pressing the panic button but I am getting somewhat worried.

 

I didn't like coming home and seeing a 9-4 score in favor of the Braves.

I didn't enjoy it either.

 

But what I am saying is that I have no reason to believe that pitching is our strength. Sure, our bats have been cold for about 6 games, but they showed that they were better than that in the other 95 games.

 

The pitching, on the other hand, was about as bad as it could be for 95 games and has been OK at best in the last 6 games.

 

True to an effect but I still don't think our SP was awful as you make it sound in the first 95 games. We were blown out how many games, I'm gona throw out maybe 5,6,7 times? I may be off.

 

Alot of our wins were close one run ball games we rarely had a blow out in our favor. (although we did have some)

 

None of that justifies the pitching, but the fact that we have different opinions on how we see things. I choose to go more on what I see by watching the games and using light stats but I try not to focus on stats too much and in-depth. In your case you look at all stats and situations (which isn't bad or wrong) for example, a runner on 2nd with a 0-1 count to Lo Duca (sound familiar :p ) how many doubles does he have in this situation? Or when a pitcher throws a wild pitch with an opponent on base what are the odds that the runner scores in the inning.

 

etc.

 

 

 

 

 

Just b/c we seem to be winning the closer games doesn't mean it's BECAUSE of good pitching.

I mean...perfect example! One of the better games of the year. 8-7 win...CO-DY's walkoff. The offense scored 8 runs, the pitching allows 7. We won a close game. But who really did the job? The hitters or the pitchers?

 

We have, I believe, 27 comeback wins this year. That has a lot to do with us winning some of those close games.

It's not even about the stats anymore Erick it's about having some respect for other's opinions. It's a choice that you have to make I will find ways to deal with it either way.

 

Read the paragraph I just wrote above, it might help you out... a little.

  • Author

Ok so not good but not bad either, in the middle if you will.

 

I still think our bats need to step up Rab, and yes I am not pressing the panic button but I am getting somewhat worried.

 

I didn't like coming home and seeing a 9-4 score in favor of the Braves.

I didn't enjoy it either.

 

But what I am saying is that I have no reason to believe that pitching is our strength. Sure, our bats have been cold for about 6 games, but they showed that they were better than that in the other 95 games.

 

The pitching, on the other hand, was about as bad as it could be for 95 games and has been OK at best in the last 6 games.

 

True to an effect but I still don't think our SP was awful as you make it sound in the first 95 games. We were blown out how many games, I'm gona throw out maybe 5,6,7 times? I may be off.

 

Alot of our wins were close one run ball games we rarely had a blow out in our favor. (although we did have some)

 

None of that justifies the pitching, but the fact that we have different opinions on how we see things. I choose to go more on what I see by watching the games and using light stats but I try not to focus on stats too much and in-depth. In your case you look at all stats and situations (which isn't bad or wrong) for example, a runner on 2nd with a 0-1 count to Lo Duca (sound familiar :p ) how many doubles does he have in this situation? Or when a pitcher throws a wild pitch with an opponent on base what are the odds that the runner scores in the inning.

 

etc.

 

 

 

 

 

Just b/c we seem to be winning the closer games doesn't mean it's BECAUSE of good pitching.

I mean...perfect example! One of the better games of the year. 8-7 win...CO-DY's walkoff. The offense scored 8 runs, the pitching allows 7. We won a close game. But who really did the job? The hitters or the pitchers?

 

We have, I believe, 27 comeback wins this year. That has a lot to do with us winning some of those close games.

 

yea all we basically have to do is keep a game close and we have a high cahnce to win but we eaither make a comeback in the late inngs or get blown out really

i donot see any thing about game here. Ricky Nolasco have two back to back bad game our hitting was not as good as we did doing weekend now we hit the road :(

 

 

erick and GOFISH have been aguing since page 3 basically, so i guess this is a good time to use this Emoticon.

 

 

  • Author

It's not even about the stats anymore Erick it's about having some respect for other's opinions. It's a choice that you have to make I will find ways to deal with it either way.

 

Read the paragraph I just wrote above, it might help you out... a little.

 

 

thats like what i said half an hour ago lol

  • Author

i donot see any thing about game here. Ricky Nolasco have two back to back bad game our hitting was not as good as we did doing weekend now we hit the road :(

 

 

erick and GOFISH have been aguing since page 3 basically, so i guess this is a good time to use this Emoticon.

 

 

 

hey ur forgetting rab. and i was just throwing things in but i believe taht is an appropriate sig

Ok so not good but not bad either, in the middle if you will.

 

I still think our bats need to step up Rab, and yes I am not pressing the panic button but I am getting somewhat worried.

 

I didn't like coming home and seeing a 9-4 score in favor of the Braves.

I didn't enjoy it either.

 

But what I am saying is that I have no reason to believe that pitching is our strength. Sure, our bats have been cold for about 6 games, but they showed that they were better than that in the other 95 games.

 

The pitching, on the other hand, was about as bad as it could be for 95 games and has been OK at best in the last 6 games.

 

True to an effect but I still don't think our SP was awful as you make it sound in the first 95 games. We were blown out how many games, I'm gona throw out maybe 5,6,7 times? I may be off.

 

Alot of our wins were close one run ball games we rarely had a blow out in our favor. (although we did have some)

 

None of that justifies the pitching, but the fact that we have different opinions on how we see things. I choose to go more on what I see by watching the games and using light stats but I try not to focus on stats too much and in-depth. In your case you look at all stats and situations (which isn't bad or wrong) for example, a runner on 2nd with a 0-1 count to Lo Duca (sound familiar :p ) how many doubles does he have in this situation? Or when a pitcher throws a wild pitch with an opponent on base what are the odds that the runner scores in the inning.

 

etc.

 

 

 

 

 

Just b/c we seem to be winning the closer games doesn't mean it's BECAUSE of good pitching.

I mean...perfect example! One of the better games of the year. 8-7 win...CO-DY's walkoff. The offense scored 8 runs, the pitching allows 7. We won a close game. But who really did the job? The hitters or the pitchers?

 

We have, I believe, 27 comeback wins this year. That has a lot to do with us winning some of those close games.

 

Bad move and bad game to pull up.

 

I was AT that game and I believe OLSEN gave up 0 ER's.

 

Enough. :lol

  • Author

Ok so not good but not bad either, in the middle if you will.

 

I still think our bats need to step up Rab, and yes I am not pressing the panic button but I am getting somewhat worried.

 

I didn't like coming home and seeing a 9-4 score in favor of the Braves.

I didn't enjoy it either.

 

But what I am saying is that I have no reason to believe that pitching is our strength. Sure, our bats have been cold for about 6 games, but they showed that they were better than that in the other 95 games.

 

The pitching, on the other hand, was about as bad as it could be for 95 games and has been OK at best in the last 6 games.

 

True to an effect but I still don't think our SP was awful as you make it sound in the first 95 games. We were blown out how many games, I'm gona throw out maybe 5,6,7 times? I may be off.

 

Alot of our wins were close one run ball games we rarely had a blow out in our favor. (although we did have some)

 

None of that justifies the pitching, but the fact that we have different opinions on how we see things. I choose to go more on what I see by watching the games and using light stats but I try not to focus on stats too much and in-depth. In your case you look at all stats and situations (which isn't bad or wrong) for example, a runner on 2nd with a 0-1 count to Lo Duca (sound familiar :p ) how many doubles does he have in this situation? Or when a pitcher throws a wild pitch with an opponent on base what are the odds that the runner scores in the inning.

 

etc.

 

 

 

 

 

Just b/c we seem to be winning the closer games doesn't mean it's BECAUSE of good pitching.

I mean...perfect example! One of the better games of the year. 8-7 win...CO-DY's walkoff. The offense scored 8 runs, the pitching allows 7. We won a close game. But who really did the job? The hitters or the pitchers?

 

We have, I believe, 27 comeback wins this year. That has a lot to do with us winning some of those close games.

 

Bad move and bad game to pull up.

 

I was AT that game and I believe OLSEN gave up 0 ER's.

 

Enough. :lol

 

 

ooo u pulled out the big guns

Ok so not good but not bad either, in the middle if you will.

 

I still think our bats need to step up Rab, and yes I am not pressing the panic button but I am getting somewhat worried.

 

I didn't like coming home and seeing a 9-4 score in favor of the Braves.

I didn't enjoy it either.

 

But what I am saying is that I have no reason to believe that pitching is our strength. Sure, our bats have been cold for about 6 games, but they showed that they were better than that in the other 95 games.

 

The pitching, on the other hand, was about as bad as it could be for 95 games and has been OK at best in the last 6 games.

 

True to an effect but I still don't think our SP was awful as you make it sound in the first 95 games. We were blown out how many games, I'm gona throw out maybe 5,6,7 times? I may be off.

 

Alot of our wins were close one run ball games we rarely had a blow out in our favor. (although we did have some)

 

None of that justifies the pitching, but the fact that we have different opinions on how we see things. I choose to go more on what I see by watching the games and using light stats but I try not to focus on stats too much and in-depth. In your case you look at all stats and situations (which isn't bad or wrong) for example, a runner on 2nd with a 0-1 count to Lo Duca (sound familiar :p ) how many doubles does he have in this situation? Or when a pitcher throws a wild pitch with an opponent on base what are the odds that the runner scores in the inning.

 

etc.

 

 

 

 

 

Just b/c we seem to be winning the closer games doesn't mean it's BECAUSE of good pitching.

I mean...perfect example! One of the better games of the year. 8-7 win...CO-DY's walkoff. The offense scored 8 runs, the pitching allows 7. We won a close game. But who really did the job? The hitters or the pitchers?

 

We have, I believe, 27 comeback wins this year. That has a lot to do with us winning some of those close games.

 

Bad move and bad game to pull up.

 

I was AT that game and I believe OLSEN gave up 0 ER's.

 

Enough. :lol

 

WOW...you used a stat! :notworthy

That was awesome. I got you to do it.

Now if you would only understand stats are useful as well, even when they go against your opinion.

 

Stats = Facts

 

Facts = Real

 

Real = "Mad" Respect

 

Good posting that time. :thumbup

... lol ...

 

I think if Erick and I provided this type of entertainment every day (which we do :lol) we would gain at least 100 new members easy. :mischief

FINALLY PEACE NOW WATCH THIS GUY HE MAKES EVERY 1 LUAGHT

 

FUNNY MAN

 

I will only watch this because

we are the

SHAKE

...and then you...

BAKE!

 

btw... on terms of this game Nolasco sucked.

 

wtf happened :lol :mis2

Ok so not good but not bad either, in the middle if you will.

 

I still think our bats need to step up Rab, and yes I am not pressing the panic button but I am getting somewhat worried.

 

I didn't like coming home and seeing a 9-4 score in favor of the Braves.

I didn't enjoy it either.

 

But what I am saying is that I have no reason to believe that pitching is our strength. Sure, our bats have been cold for about 6 games, but they showed that they were better than that in the other 95 games.

 

The pitching, on the other hand, was about as bad as it could be for 95 games and has been OK at best in the last 6 games.

 

True to an effect but I still don't think our SP was as awful as you make it sound in the first 95 games. We were blown out how many games, I'm gona throw out maybe 5,6,7 times? I may be off.

 

Alot of our wins were close one run ball games we rarely had a blow out in our favor. (although we did have some)

 

None of that justifies the pitching, but the fact that we have different opinions on how we see things. I choose to go more on what I see by watching the games and using light stats but I try not to focus on stats too much and in-depth. In your case you look at all stats and situations (which isn't bad or wrong) for example, a runner on 2nd with a 0-1 count to Lo Duca (sound familiar :p) how many doubles does he have in this situation? Or when a pitcher throws a wild pitch with an opponent on base what are the odds that the runner scores in the inning.

 

etc.

The pitching was awful in the first 95 games. In those 95 games, we only had 38 quality starts. That's a terrible 40%. 13 of those are Nolasco and Olsen. Not counting them two, there are 15 quality starts in 57 games. A pathetic 26%.

 

Incase you didn't know, a quality start is 6+ Innings Pitched and less than 3 Earned Runs.

Ok so not good but not bad either, in the middle if you will.

 

I still think our bats need to step up Rab, and yes I am not pressing the panic button but I am getting somewhat worried.

 

I didn't like coming home and seeing a 9-4 score in favor of the Braves.

I didn't enjoy it either.

 

But what I am saying is that I have no reason to believe that pitching is our strength. Sure, our bats have been cold for about 6 games, but they showed that they were better than that in the other 95 games.

 

The pitching, on the other hand, was about as bad as it could be for 95 games and has been OK at best in the last 6 games.

 

True to an effect but I still don't think our SP was as awful as you make it sound in the first 95 games. We were blown out how many games, I'm gona throw out maybe 5,6,7 times? I may be off.

 

Alot of our wins were close one run ball games we rarely had a blow out in our favor. (although we did have some)

 

None of that justifies the pitching, but the fact that we have different opinions on how we see things. I choose to go more on what I see by watching the games and using light stats but I try not to focus on stats too much and in-depth. In your case you look at all stats and situations (which isn't bad or wrong) for example, a runner on 2nd with a 0-1 count to Lo Duca (sound familiar :p ) how many doubles does he have in this situation? Or when a pitcher throws a wild pitch with an opponent on base what are the odds that the runner scores in the inning.

 

etc.

The pitching was awful in the first 95 games. In those 95 games, we only had 38 quality starts. That's a terrible 40%. 13 of those are Nolasco and Olsen. Not counting them two, there are 15 quality starts in 57 games. A pathetic 26%.

 

Incase you didn't know, a quality start is 6+ Innings Pitched and less than 3 Earned Runs.

 

3 Earned Runs or less, actually, for those who are uninformed of the stat.

It's probably the best stat for SP's b/c it shows that they've kept you in the game.

  • Author

FINALLY PEACE NOW WATCH THIS GUY HE MAKES EVERY 1 LUAGHT

 

FUNNY MAN

 

I will only watch this because

we are the

SHAKE

...and then you...

BAKE!

 

btw... on terms of this game Nolasco sucked.

 

wtf happened :lol :mis2

 

 

 

 

 

SIMPLAY BEACUSE HE CAN NOT PICTH AGAINST THE UNBRAVES

 

nd u got the SHake

 

and i supply the BAKE

 

SHAKE N BAKE

 

NOW FUNNY MAN

Ok so not good but not bad either, in the middle if you will.

 

I still think our bats need to step up Rab, and yes I am not pressing the panic button but I am getting somewhat worried.

 

I didn't like coming home and seeing a 9-4 score in favor of the Braves.

I didn't enjoy it either.

 

But what I am saying is that I have no reason to believe that pitching is our strength. Sure, our bats have been cold for about 6 games, but they showed that they were better than that in the other 95 games.

 

The pitching, on the other hand, was about as bad as it could be for 95 games and has been OK at best in the last 6 games.

 

True to an effect but I still don't think our SP was as awful as you make it sound in the first 95 games. We were blown out how many games, I'm gona throw out maybe 5,6,7 times? I may be off.

 

Alot of our wins were close one run ball games we rarely had a blow out in our favor. (although we did have some)

 

None of that justifies the pitching, but the fact that we have different opinions on how we see things. I choose to go more on what I see by watching the games and using light stats but I try not to focus on stats too much and in-depth. In your case you look at all stats and situations (which isn't bad or wrong) for example, a runner on 2nd with a 0-1 count to Lo Duca (sound familiar :p ) how many doubles does he have in this situation? Or when a pitcher throws a wild pitch with an opponent on base what are the odds that the runner scores in the inning.

 

etc.

The pitching was awful in the first 95 games. In those 95 games, we only had 38 quality starts. That's a terrible 40%. 13 of those are Nolasco and Olsen. Not counting them two, there are 15 quality starts in 57 games. A pathetic 26%.

 

Incase you didn't know, a quality start is 6+ Innings Pitched and less than 3 Earned Runs.

 

3 Earned Runs or less, actually, for those who are uninformed of the stat.

It's probably the best stat for SP's b/c it shows that they've kept you in the game.

Yeah, that was a mistake. I meant to say 3 runs or less.

 

And I also love that stat. You can go on till you are blue in the face about how bad stats are, but even Joe Morgan would say that a pitcher should go at least 6 innings and give up 3 runs at the most.

Ok so not good but not bad either, in the middle if you will.

 

I still think our bats need to step up Rab, and yes I am not pressing the panic button but I am getting somewhat worried.

 

I didn't like coming home and seeing a 9-4 score in favor of the Braves.

I didn't enjoy it either.

 

But what I am saying is that I have no reason to believe that pitching is our strength. Sure, our bats have been cold for about 6 games, but they showed that they were better than that in the other 95 games.

 

The pitching, on the other hand, was about as bad as it could be for 95 games and has been OK at best in the last 6 games.

 

True to an effect but I still don't think our SP was as awful as you make it sound in the first 95 games. We were blown out how many games, I'm gona throw out maybe 5,6,7 times? I may be off.

 

Alot of our wins were close one run ball games we rarely had a blow out in our favor. (although we did have some)

 

None of that justifies the pitching, but the fact that we have different opinions on how we see things. I choose to go more on what I see by watching the games and using light stats but I try not to focus on stats too much and in-depth. In your case you look at all stats and situations (which isn't bad or wrong) for example, a runner on 2nd with a 0-1 count to Lo Duca (sound familiar :p) how many doubles does he have in this situation? Or when a pitcher throws a wild pitch with an opponent on base what are the odds that the runner scores in the inning.

 

etc.

The pitching was awful in the first 95 games. In those 95 games, we only had 38 quality starts. That's a terrible 40%. 13 of those are Nolasco and Olsen. Not counting them two, there are 15 quality starts in 57 games. A pathetic 26%.

 

Incase you didn't know, a quality start is 6+ Innings Pitched and less than 3 Earned Runs.

 

Rab wtf!?

 

(No sarcasm here) Did or are you majoring in statistics or do you just really like them!?

 

That's a hell of alot of numbers. :blink:

 

Which is just another reason why I take stats lightly otherwise I overheat. :p

 

EDIT: Way too many stats Rab this is exactly why I don't do the whole stats thing, or why I pay little to no attention to them (I said little, relax)

Ok so not good but not bad either, in the middle if you will.

 

I still think our bats need to step up Rab, and yes I am not pressing the panic button but I am getting somewhat worried.

 

I didn't like coming home and seeing a 9-4 score in favor of the Braves.

I didn't enjoy it either.

 

But what I am saying is that I have no reason to believe that pitching is our strength. Sure, our bats have been cold for about 6 games, but they showed that they were better than that in the other 95 games.

 

The pitching, on the other hand, was about as bad as it could be for 95 games and has been OK at best in the last 6 games.

 

True to an effect but I still don't think our SP was as awful as you make it sound in the first 95 games. We were blown out how many games, I'm gona throw out maybe 5,6,7 times? I may be off.

 

Alot of our wins were close one run ball games we rarely had a blow out in our favor. (although we did have some)

 

None of that justifies the pitching, but the fact that we have different opinions on how we see things. I choose to go more on what I see by watching the games and using light stats but I try not to focus on stats too much and in-depth. In your case you look at all stats and situations (which isn't bad or wrong) for example, a runner on 2nd with a 0-1 count to Lo Duca (sound familiar :p ) how many doubles does he have in this situation? Or when a pitcher throws a wild pitch with an opponent on base what are the odds that the runner scores in the inning.

 

etc.

The pitching was awful in the first 95 games. In those 95 games, we only had 38 quality starts. That's a terrible 40%. 13 of those are Nolasco and Olsen. Not counting them two, there are 15 quality starts in 57 games. A pathetic 26%.

 

Incase you didn't know, a quality start is 6+ Innings Pitched and less than 3 Earned Runs.

 

3 Earned Runs or less, actually, for those who are uninformed of the stat.

It's probably the best stat for SP's b/c it shows that they've kept you in the game.

Yeah, that was a mistake. I meant to say 3 runs or less.

 

And I also love that stat. You can go on till you are blue in the face about how bad stats are, but even Joe Morgan would say that a pitcher should go at least 6 innings and give up 3 runs at the most.

 

Joe Morgan is one angry man, I dont think he likes his partner in duty on ESPN.

  • Author

Ok so not good but not bad either, in the middle if you will.

 

I still think our bats need to step up Rab, and yes I am not pressing the panic button but I am getting somewhat worried.

 

I didn't like coming home and seeing a 9-4 score in favor of the Braves.

I didn't enjoy it either.

 

But what I am saying is that I have no reason to believe that pitching is our strength. Sure, our bats have been cold for about 6 games, but they showed that they were better than that in the other 95 games.

 

The pitching, on the other hand, was about as bad as it could be for 95 games and has been OK at best in the last 6 games.

 

True to an effect but I still don't think our SP was as awful as you make it sound in the first 95 games. We were blown out how many games, I'm gona throw out maybe 5,6,7 times? I may be off.

 

Alot of our wins were close one run ball games we rarely had a blow out in our favor. (although we did have some)

 

None of that justifies the pitching, but the fact that we have different opinions on how we see things. I choose to go more on what I see by watching the games and using light stats but I try not to focus on stats too much and in-depth. In your case you look at all stats and situations (which isn't bad or wrong) for example, a runner on 2nd with a 0-1 count to Lo Duca (sound familiar :p ) how many doubles does he have in this situation? Or when a pitcher throws a wild pitch with an opponent on base what are the odds that the runner scores in the inning.

 

etc.

The pitching was awful in the first 95 games. In those 95 games, we only had 38 quality starts. That's a terrible 40%. 13 of those are Nolasco and Olsen. Not counting them two, there are 15 quality starts in 57 games. A pathetic 26%.

 

Incase you didn't know, a quality start is 6+ Innings Pitched and less than 3 Earned Runs.

 

Rab wtf!?

 

(No sarcasm here) Did or are you majoring in statistics or do you just really like them!?

 

That's a hell of alot of numbers. :blink:

 

Which is just another reason why I take stats lightly otherwise I overheat. :p

 

 

 

yea stats suck sometime specialy the ones u dont understand and just play around like i know what wghsq is man thats like basic baseball then ur thinking wtf is this

Ok so not good but not bad either, in the middle if you will.

 

I still think our bats need to step up Rab, and yes I am not pressing the panic button but I am getting somewhat worried.

 

I didn't like coming home and seeing a 9-4 score in favor of the Braves.

I didn't enjoy it either.

 

But what I am saying is that I have no reason to believe that pitching is our strength. Sure, our bats have been cold for about 6 games, but they showed that they were better than that in the other 95 games.

 

The pitching, on the other hand, was about as bad as it could be for 95 games and has been OK at best in the last 6 games.

 

True to an effect but I still don't think our SP was as awful as you make it sound in the first 95 games. We were blown out how many games, I'm gona throw out maybe 5,6,7 times? I may be off.

 

Alot of our wins were close one run ball games we rarely had a blow out in our favor. (although we did have some)

 

None of that justifies the pitching, but the fact that we have different opinions on how we see things. I choose to go more on what I see by watching the games and using light stats but I try not to focus on stats too much and in-depth. In your case you look at all stats and situations (which isn't bad or wrong) for example, a runner on 2nd with a 0-1 count to Lo Duca (sound familiar :p ) how many doubles does he have in this situation? Or when a pitcher throws a wild pitch with an opponent on base what are the odds that the runner scores in the inning.

 

etc.

The pitching was awful in the first 95 games. In those 95 games, we only had 38 quality starts. That's a terrible 40%. 13 of those are Nolasco and Olsen. Not counting them two, there are 15 quality starts in 57 games. A pathetic 26%.

 

Incase you didn't know, a quality start is 6+ Innings Pitched and less than 3 Earned Runs.

 

3 Earned Runs or less, actually, for those who are uninformed of the stat.

It's probably the best stat for SP's b/c it shows that they've kept you in the game.

Yeah, that was a mistake. I meant to say 3 runs or less.

 

And I also love that stat. You can go on till you are blue in the face about how bad stats are, but even Joe Morgan would say that a pitcher should go at least 6 innings and give up 3 runs at the most.

 

Joe Morgan is one angry man, I dont think he likes his partner in duty on ESPN.

 

Joe Morgan sounds like a racist, often times.

  • Author

Ok so not good but not bad either, in the middle if you will.

 

I still think our bats need to step up Rab, and yes I am not pressing the panic button but I am getting somewhat worried.

 

I didn't like coming home and seeing a 9-4 score in favor of the Braves.

I didn't enjoy it either.

 

But what I am saying is that I have no reason to believe that pitching is our strength. Sure, our bats have been cold for about 6 games, but they showed that they were better than that in the other 95 games.

 

The pitching, on the other hand, was about as bad as it could be for 95 games and has been OK at best in the last 6 games.

 

True to an effect but I still don't think our SP was as awful as you make it sound in the first 95 games. We were blown out how many games, I'm gona throw out maybe 5,6,7 times? I may be off.

 

Alot of our wins were close one run ball games we rarely had a blow out in our favor. (although we did have some)

 

None of that justifies the pitching, but the fact that we have different opinions on how we see things. I choose to go more on what I see by watching the games and using light stats but I try not to focus on stats too much and in-depth. In your case you look at all stats and situations (which isn't bad or wrong) for example, a runner on 2nd with a 0-1 count to Lo Duca (sound familiar :p ) how many doubles does he have in this situation? Or when a pitcher throws a wild pitch with an opponent on base what are the odds that the runner scores in the inning.

 

etc.

The pitching was awful in the first 95 games. In those 95 games, we only had 38 quality starts. That's a terrible 40%. 13 of those are Nolasco and Olsen. Not counting them two, there are 15 quality starts in 57 games. A pathetic 26%.

 

Incase you didn't know, a quality start is 6+ Innings Pitched and less than 3 Earned Runs.

 

3 Earned Runs or less, actually, for those who are uninformed of the stat.

It's probably the best stat for SP's b/c it shows that they've kept you in the game.

Yeah, that was a mistake. I meant to say 3 runs or less.

 

And I also love that stat. You can go on till you are blue in the face about how bad stats are, but even Joe Morgan would say that a pitcher should go at least 6 innings and give up 3 runs at the most.

 

Joe Morgan is one angry man, I dont think he likes his partner in duty on ESPN.

 

 

he does in MLB 2K8 and speaking of it i just beat the phillies 12 to 10 in the last week

 

speaking of the last week we have the phillies nats and mets to finish off the season we could so sweep the nats if nessisary and beat the phillies but the muts in NY meh

Ok so not good but not bad either, in the middle if you will.

 

I still think our bats need to step up Rab, and yes I am not pressing the panic button but I am getting somewhat worried.

 

I didn't like coming home and seeing a 9-4 score in favor of the Braves.

I didn't enjoy it either.

 

But what I am saying is that I have no reason to believe that pitching is our strength. Sure, our bats have been cold for about 6 games, but they showed that they were better than that in the other 95 games.

 

The pitching, on the other hand, was about as bad as it could be for 95 games and has been OK at best in the last 6 games.

 

True to an effect but I still don't think our SP was as awful as you make it sound in the first 95 games. We were blown out how many games, I'm gona throw out maybe 5,6,7 times? I may be off.

 

Alot of our wins were close one run ball games we rarely had a blow out in our favor. (although we did have some)

 

None of that justifies the pitching, but the fact that we have different opinions on how we see things. I choose to go more on what I see by watching the games and using light stats but I try not to focus on stats too much and in-depth. In your case you look at all stats and situations (which isn't bad or wrong) for example, a runner on 2nd with a 0-1 count to Lo Duca (sound familiar :p ) how many doubles does he have in this situation? Or when a pitcher throws a wild pitch with an opponent on base what are the odds that the runner scores in the inning.

 

etc.

The pitching was awful in the first 95 games. In those 95 games, we only had 38 quality starts. That's a terrible 40%. 13 of those are Nolasco and Olsen. Not counting them two, there are 15 quality starts in 57 games. A pathetic 26%.

 

Incase you didn't know, a quality start is 6+ Innings Pitched and less than 3 Earned Runs.

 

Rab wtf!?

 

(No sarcasm here) Did or are you majoring in statistics or do you just really like them!?

 

That's a hell of alot of numbers. :blink:

 

Which is just another reason why I take stats lightly otherwise I overheat. :p

 

 

 

yea stats suck sometime specialy the ones u dont understand and just play around like i know what wghsq is man thats like basic baseball then ur thinking wtf is this

 

What stat confuses you? Maybe we can help. :mischief

Ok so not good but not bad either, in the middle if you will.

 

I still think our bats need to step up Rab, and yes I am not pressing the panic button but I am getting somewhat worried.

 

I didn't like coming home and seeing a 9-4 score in favor of the Braves.

I didn't enjoy it either.

 

But what I am saying is that I have no reason to believe that pitching is our strength. Sure, our bats have been cold for about 6 games, but they showed that they were better than that in the other 95 games.

 

The pitching, on the other hand, was about as bad as it could be for 95 games and has been OK at best in the last 6 games.

 

True to an effect but I still don't think our SP was as awful as you make it sound in the first 95 games. We were blown out how many games, I'm gona throw out maybe 5,6,7 times? I may be off.

 

Alot of our wins were close one run ball games we rarely had a blow out in our favor. (although we did have some)

 

None of that justifies the pitching, but the fact that we have different opinions on how we see things. I choose to go more on what I see by watching the games and using light stats but I try not to focus on stats too much and in-depth. In your case you look at all stats and situations (which isn't bad or wrong) for example, a runner on 2nd with a 0-1 count to Lo Duca (sound familiar :p ) how many doubles does he have in this situation? Or when a pitcher throws a wild pitch with an opponent on base what are the odds that the runner scores in the inning.

 

etc.

The pitching was awful in the first 95 games. In those 95 games, we only had 38 quality starts. That's a terrible 40%. 13 of those are Nolasco and Olsen. Not counting them two, there are 15 quality starts in 57 games. A pathetic 26%.

 

Incase you didn't know, a quality start is 6+ Innings Pitched and less than 3 Earned Runs.

 

3 Earned Runs or less, actually, for those who are uninformed of the stat.

It's probably the best stat for SP's b/c it shows that they've kept you in the game.

Yeah, that was a mistake. I meant to say 3 runs or less.

 

And I also love that stat. You can go on till you are blue in the face about how bad stats are, but even Joe Morgan would say that a pitcher should go at least 6 innings and give up 3 runs at the most.

 

Joe Morgan is one angry man, I dont think he likes his partner in duty on ESPN.

 

Joe Morgan sounds like a racist, often times.

 

I have noticed that as well Erick. If he was reading this I would say "those days are long gone Mr. Morgan" we are all color blind, join us.

 

Plus he really says alot of negative things sometimes and more than anyone else I have heard on television I just want to say shut up sometimes.

 

Kruk is a hypocrite (one day he says the Marlins suck the next day he says that have the potential to win the division)

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.