July 31, 200818 yr I was hoping to trade Jacobs, not so much for Molina, but rather so that a spot opened up for McPherson. Now that the deadline has come and gone, are there any options (besides waiver trades or injures) or scenarios that allow a call-up pre-september? Putting Jacobs on the bench doesn't make any sense. (Jacobs AND Helms on the bench behind Cantu doesn't make much sense). Before folks jump down my throat, I like Jacobs, but would rather see what McPherson can do after his tremendous PCL year. I just don't envision a place for McPherson without an injury. TIA
July 31, 200818 yr they br have traded jake for molina or a good catcher and bring up dallas.....its a depressing time cuz no manny but whatever i still have faith in my time. its depressing cuz we were so close
July 31, 200818 yr no ones gonna jump down your throat. everyone wans mcpherson up. im pissed jacobs didnt get traded.
July 31, 200818 yr I still think that a deal including Jacobs is going to be made, if its still possible.
July 31, 200818 yr i thoght they were waiting until the deadline so nobody would get an idea of whether he is major league ready or not. i thoguht they would call him up but they really have no room for him right now with andino gone.
July 31, 200818 yr Yea, I'm more disappointed we were not able to move Jake and get a catcher than the Manny thing. After all of this were left with Rhodes. Ugh.
July 31, 200818 yr Author he will come up with the expanded rosters and he may earn a lot of playing time. Though....the division race could be won or lost before the September callups.
July 31, 200818 yr Author Stay in Albuquerque where he belongs. Where he belongs? What else can he do there? Develop 20 more home runs? Maybe a .450 OBP? Hitters league or not, he has nothing else to prove there? Oh well....I guess we'll enjoy September that much more.
July 31, 200818 yr Not only a hitters league overall, but his #s take a big drop off, especially slugging, away from Albuquerque. It is very doubtful that he could even put up Mike Jacobs #s. I am not against giving him a shot, but most people have very unrealistic expectations of a 28 year old who was always owned when he came up to MLB by the superior pitching(while always raking in the minors), who hasnt stepped foot on an MLB diamond in 2 years, and whos defense makes Cantu look like Brooks Robinson at 3rd.
July 31, 200818 yr Not only a hitters league overall, but his #s take a big drop off, especially slugging, away from Albuquerque. It is very doubtful that he could even put up Mike Jacobs #s. I am not against giving him a shot, but most people have very unrealistic expectations of a 28 year old who was always owned when he came up to MLB by the superior pitching(while always raking in the minors), who hasnt stepped foot on an MLB diamond in 2 years, and whos defense makes Cantu look like Brooks Robinson at 3rd. wow
July 31, 200818 yr Not only a hitters league overall, but his #s take a big drop off, especially slugging, away from Albuquerque. It is very doubtful that he could even put up Mike Jacobs #s. I am not against giving him a shot, but most people have very unrealistic expectations of a 28 year old who was always owned when he came up to MLB by the superior pitching(while always raking in the minors), who hasnt stepped foot on an MLB diamond in 2 years, and whos defense makes Cantu look like Brooks Robinson at 3rd. Exactly, this is starting to get out of control we can't just call up every player in our farm system right when we need them.
July 31, 200818 yr Frankly I want McPherson up here so I don't have to hear the collective man-crush of much of this board any longer.
July 31, 200818 yr Frankly I want McPherson up here so I don't have to hear the collective man-crush of much of this board any longer. That's half the reason for me. The other half is pure curiosity, wondering what kind of stats he'll put up in the Majors.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.