August 18, 200818 yr MarlinsBaseball.com moved to this forum software 6 years ago tomorrow (8/18). I can't believe it's been that long. How many of you remember the previous forums MB.com used before August 2002? There were a few different ones. In other news, the site is 15 years old this year. We probably should've made a bigger deal out of that.
August 18, 200818 yr :raises hand. I believe I'm going on 10 years on the boards, I remember ezboard and thestands before this software.
August 18, 200818 yr :arms :arms Congrats and Hopefully this site contiunues for another 15 yearsnd becomes notice world wide
August 18, 200818 yr congrats for 6 years on IP boards, and congrats on however many years it is that this community has been around for.
August 18, 200818 yr :raises hand. I believe I'm going on 10 years on the boards, I remember ezboard and thestands before this software. I can also remember a couple of stints on the Yahoo forums.
August 18, 200818 yr Author There was also that short span where I was given control of the old official forums and made them the mb.com forums.
August 18, 200818 yr Author I'd like to present the following evidence that the Cody Cody Cody chant is a ripoff of a chant I did for Luis Castillo in 2002. http://web.archive.org/web/20020623040722/...picID=877.topic Notice in one of my replies, I say "Luis Luis Luis".
August 18, 200818 yr There was also that short span where I was given control of the old official forums and made them the mb.com forums. Yep, that was just prior to all the official sites going to the current cookie cutter format. BTW, ever hear from Paul (TheStands) anymore?
August 18, 200818 yr Author BTW, ever hear from Paul (TheStands) anymore? Nope, I was checking what he was up to earlier but couldn't find anything actually.
August 18, 200818 yr I'd like to present the following evidence that the Cody Cody Cody chant is a ripoff of a chant I did for Luis Castillo in 2002. http://web.archive.org/web/20020623040722/...picID=877.topic Notice in one of my replies, I say "Luis Luis Luis". Man what forum was that looks old. Luis was the Man But Cody Ross Is the Boss o and Admin thanks for the great site where i can actually talk 2 people with IQ's over 70 and good senses of humor
August 18, 200818 yr :raises hand. I believe I'm going on 10 years on the boards, I remember ezboard and thestands before this software. BTW, another milestone: Ross the Infomod
August 18, 200818 yr I'd like to present the following evidence that the Cody Cody Cody chant is a ripoff of a chant I did for Luis Castillo in 2002. http://web.archive.org/web/20020623040722/...picID=877.topic Notice in one of my replies, I say "Luis Luis Luis". Planted there. You obviously hacked into the archive.
August 20, 200818 yr Congrats Admin.... :notworthy I remember one of the previous forums I used the moniker "Alvin Taustig".....the only time I've used a moniker without Rex in it....
August 22, 200818 yr Speaking of milestones -- the board is about to reach the 1,500,000th post mark. When it happens, will there be a parade? Or at least pie & punch?
August 22, 200818 yr Speaking of milestones -- the board is about to reach the 1,500,000th post mark. When it happens, will there be a parade? Or at least pie & punch? Pie? PIE?? Feh! Flan & punch :thumbup
August 22, 200818 yr Author Actually, that number is lower than the real number because of pruned posts too. We've had roughly 1,715,600 posts thus far overall.
August 25, 200818 yr I posted the millionth post of the site in Nov 05. Sorry, had to brag. congrats, I think the 666th post is a bigger accomplishment :mischief
September 1, 200818 yr Speaking of milestones -- the board is about to reach the 1,500,000th post mark. When it happens, will there be a parade? Or at least pie & punch? And the milestone has been reached...
September 15, 200818 yr No parade. Oh, well. How about the 5,000 member milestone? That should be coming up shortly. It's getting closer...
April 2, 200917 yr I remember - i was a lot more active under my previous username, then I graduated college that archive was real close to the timing of when I went to my last marlins game in philly - my company gave me all the tickets to their field box - marlins won on a late shot by seabass if I remember correctly
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.