2009 Spring Training Schedule

Beetle

Looks like the void left by the departing Dodgers has produced some interesting match-ups... I can't remember the last time the Tigers came down to Jupiter for a ST game. Or the Blue Jays, for that matter.

Schedule courtesy of RogerDeanStadium.com. Keep in mind, though, it is still tentative.

2009 FLORIDA MARLINS SPRING TRAINING SCHEDULE

(HOME GAMES in green; AWAY GAMES in gray)

Wed-----Feb. 25, 2009-----St. Louis Cardinals vs. Florida Marlins (in Jupiter)-- 1:05

Thur-----Feb. 26, 2009-----New York Mets vs. Florida Marlins (in Port St. Lucie) -- 1:10

Fri-----Feb. 27, 2009-----Florida Marlins vs. Baltimore Orioles -- 1:05

Sat-----Feb. 28. 2009-----Baltimore Orioles vs. Florida Marlins (in Ft. Lauderdale) -- 1:05

Sun-----March 1, 2009-----Florida Marlins vs. St. Louis Cardinals -- 1:05

Tues-----March 3, 2009-----Florida Marlins vs. WBC - Dominican Republic -- 1:05

Wed-----March 4, 2009-----Florida Marlins vs. WBC - Italy -- 1:05

Thur-----March 5, 2009-----Baltimore Orioles vs. Florida Marlins (in Ft. Lauderdale) -- 1:05

Fri-----March 6, 2009-----Boston Red Sox vs. Florida Marlins (in Ft. Myers) -- 1:05

Sat-----March 7, 2009-----Florida Marlins vs. Baltimore Orioles -- 1:05

Sun-----March 8, 2009-----St. Louis Cardinals vs. Florida Marlins (in Jupiter) -- 1:05

Mon-----March 9, 2009-----Florida Marlins vs. Detroit Tigers -- 7:05

Wed-----March 11, 2009-----Florida Marlins vs. St. Louis Cardinals -- 1:05

Thur-----March 12, 2009-----New York Mets vs. Florida Marlins (in Port St. Lucie) -- 7:10

Fri-----March 13, 2009-----Florida Marlins vs. Atlanta Braves -- 1:05

Sat-----March 14, 2009-----Minnesota Twins vs. Florida Marlins (in Ft. Myers) -- 1:05

Sun-----March 15, 2009-----Florida Marlins vs. New York Mets -- 1:05

Mon-----March 16, 2009-----Florida Marlins vs. Washington Nationals -- 1:05

Wed-----March 18, 2009-----Washington Nationals vs. Florida Marlins (in Viera) -- 7:05

Thur-----March 19, 2009-----Florida Marlins vs. Philadelphia Phillies -- 1:05

Fri-----March 20, 2009 -----Atlanta Braves vs. Florida Marlins (in Orlando) -- 1:05

Sat-----March 21, 2009-----Florida Marlins vs. Boston Red Sox -- 1:05

Sun-----March 22, 2009-----Detroit Tigers vs. Florida Marlins (in Lakeland) -- 1:05

Mon-----March 23, 2009-----Houston Astros vs. Florida Marlins (in Kissimmee) -- 1:05

Tues-----March 24, 2009-----Florida Marlins vs. Minnesota Twins -- 1:05

Thur-----March 26, 2009-----Baltimore Orioles vs. Florida Marlins (in Ft. Lauderdale) -- 1:05

Fri-----March 27, 2009-----Florida Marlins vs. Baltimore Orioles -- 1:05

Sat-----March 28, 2009-----New York Mets vs. Florida Marlins (in Port St. Lucie) -- 1:10

Sun-----March 29, 2009-----Florida Marlins vs. Washington Nationals -- 1:05

Mon-----March 30, 2009-----St. Louis Cardinals vs. Florida Marlins (in Jupiter) -- 1:05

Tues-----March 31, 2009-----Florida Marlins vs. New York Mets -- 7:05

Wedn----April 1, 2009-----Baltimore Orioles vs. Florida Marlins (in Ft. Lauderdale) -- 1:05

Thur-----April 2, 2009-----Florida Marlins vs. St. Louis Cardinals -- 1:05

Fri-----April 3, 2009-----Florida Marlins vs. Toronto Blue Jays -- 7:05

Sat-----April 4, 2009-----Florida Marlins vs. Toronto Blue Jays -- 12:05

ALL GAME TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE

A bit nit picky but that Feb 25 game we aren't the home team. We always have a party for the ST Home Opener with friends coming in from Dade and Broward. The wife and I go to RDS the morning ST single game tix go on sale and wait in line to buy everyone's tickets. Jan 10th this year. It's a fun way to start out the season, talking with fans from other teams, etc... By the time they open the windows that line is around the corner. But even then, about the only way to get some games (BoSox) is by getting one of the mini plans.

The schedule dosen't look all that exciting for our Sunday road trips this year. Hopefully one of those away Monday or Thursday games will be a night game.

Has there been any further word on the Orioles moving to Dodger Town this year??

Will those 2 final games against Toronto be played at Dolphin Stadium like the Yankee games were this past year?

The reason why the Yankee games were played at DS is because they knew tthat they could sell over 30,000 tickets, with all the New York fans. They probably wouldn't be able to do that with the Jays though.

Will those 2 final games against Toronto be played at Dolphin Stadium like the Yankee games were this past year?

The reason why the Yankee games were played at DS is because they knew tthat they could sell over 30,000 tickets, with all the New York fans. They probably wouldn't be able to do that with the Jays though.

Ok. I wasnt saying that I thought they would play them at Dolphin Stadium. Just that other than the opposition its the same scenario as ST08 with 2 home fixtures against the same team on a Friday and Saturday to round off ST.

Ok. I wasnt saying that I thought they would play them at Dolphin Stadium. Just that other than the opposition its the same scenario as ST08 with 2 home fixtures against the same team on a Friday and Saturday to round off ST.

You do have a point there. But what he posted was the RDS schedule, straight from their web site. I believe the Yankees @ Joe Robbie was always planned that way.

Not that this has anything to do with 2009 but there has been talk of the Marlins playing a spring training game in jacksonville now that they have a minor league affliate up here . Hopefully in 2010 I can catch a spring training game up here

I can see that happening. Would be a good road trip, too. My BIL lives in the Jax area.

Has there been any further word on the Orioles moving to Dodger Town this year??

O's staying in FTL this season. Any move to Vero would be for Spring Training 2010.

Thanks, man. After I posted that I went to their web site and saw that they were offering package deals to ST games this year in FTL. But it is interesting to know when the move may take place. However, it sure is bad timing for Vero to be missing out on all that $$$ that comes with a ST facility.