Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mungo

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mungo

  1. Just have to realize this is the type of player Beinfest likes. No one knows why, but thats the sad truth. There is nothing wrong with the concept of the type of player he likes. However Bonifacio doesnt deliver the performances to merit a place on the team. Beinfest is looking for a .280-300 avg leadoff guy who gets 50+ steals, with Gold Glove defence - thats the concept. That's not Bonifacio. Get him to the bench! That's the (old) Juan Pierre. Bonifacio is no (old) Juan Pierre. Oh for the good old days of 2003.
  2. Why do you even bother posting? Because many of you people actually believe I am serious and answer me Its a laugh riot.
  3. Think the Brewers would be willing to move Jorge Julio? That is a perfect example of Loria trying to sabatoge his team. Jorge Julio...."He's our man" :banghead :banghead :banghead One of the surest signs that the Marlins lost is a bunch of posts by Mungo. Fun fact: Mungo hasn't posted in 10 days, since he revealed that he lives in a dream land where no one refers to Queen Elizabeth II as "the Queen of England". You still don't get it, there is NO Queen of England. That title has been vacated for 302 years. You can call her that all you want, but it still doesn't mean its a valid name.
  4. How does Lindstrom ever look at Josh Johnson again ? Unbelievable. Thank you Loria for being a cheapazz who won't spend for a closer or a bullpen. What a turd of an owner. What starter will ever want to play for the Marlins ? Johnson had a win taken away from him, and now he will want out, because he knows its futile to pitch for the Marlins because ownership will never pay for a decent bullpen. LORIA MUST GO. I dare Rabbethan or 2003, or any of the other Loria apologists to squirm out of this one. I'm not a fan of Loria either but last year Lindstrom did farley well in save oppurtunities as he was 5/6, i agree he control isn't good at all but i disagree in Loria not wanting to waste money money for a closer or even a bullpen. He got a steal in trading Mike Jacobs for Leo Nunez and for picking up Kiko Callero and Dan Meyer. The only one he could have resigned that did great last year was Joe Nelson who maybe could have closed this season. Plus spending money for a closer is bulls*** because the only real decent closers out there were Putz, K Rod, Fuentes and Street(has been shake the past few years) who all make over 10 Million which is 10 million we don't have. If you were in his shoes what "great" closer would you have gotten in the offseason with the minimal money available? Joe Nelson, letting him go because he wanted $ 500,000 more than what the Marlins wanted to pay. That is all on Loria. Lindstrom is ruined for the year now, his head will be all screwed up.
  5. Think the Brewers would be willing to move Jorge Julio? That is a perfect example of Loria trying to sabatoge his team. Jorge Julio...."He's our man" :banghead :banghead :banghead
  6. Disgraceful. Scrubs like this ruin good pitchers' work. It's disheartening, to say the least. Its the reason AJ Burnett wanted out, and now our young starters will now know that even if they work hard, the bullpen will let it go. I can see pitchers trying to leave as soon as possible as long as Loria is the owner. He is the worst owner in MLB period. What a shame for Josh......and now he knows no matter how hard he works, it will be ruined by POS Lindstrom. This guy is worse than Gregg.
  7. How does Lindstrom ever look at Josh Johnson again ? Unbelievable. Thank you Loria for being a cheapazz who won't spend for a closer or a bullpen. What a turd of an owner. What starter will ever want to play for the Marlins ? Johnson had a win taken away from him, and now he will want out, because he knows its futile to pitch for the Marlins because ownership will never pay for a decent bullpen. LORIA MUST GO. I dare Rabbethan or 2003, or any of the other Loria apologists to squirm out of this one.
  8. How does Lindstrom ever look at Josh Johnson again ? Unbelievable. Thank you Loria for being a cheapazz who won't spend for a closer or a bullpen. What a turd of an owner. What starter will ever want to play for the Marlins ? Johnson had a win taken away from him, and now he will want out, because he knows its futile to pitch for the Marlins because ownership will never pay for a decent bullpen. LORIA MUST GO. I dare Rabbethan or 2003, or any of the other Loria apologists to squirm out of this one.
  9. Wow. :banghead This is what you get when you have an owner that won't spend for a closer. Its the same every year. Loria is the reason we will never win another title as long as he is the owner. He is cheap and greedy. LORIA MUST GO ! You're kidding me, right? He refuses to pay for a decent bullpen, he is a TERRIBLE owner, he hamstrings his team year after year by refusing to bring in experienced arms. He is the problem the Marlins have...it all starts with him, and his cheap azz.
  10. Wow. :banghead This is what you get when you have an owner that won't spend for a closer. Its the same every year. Loria is the reason we will never win another title as long as he is the owner. He is cheap and greedy. LORIA MUST GO !
  11. I don't know what you folks are talking about. I am watching a replay of yesterday's game in the MLB.TV archive right now. They most certainly DO show the Marlins games.
  12. How is it possible that a TBS televised game is blacked out. Lets see....6 games so far this season...only one televised in Tallahassee. Comcast is such a joke. Why haven't you subscribed to DirecTV or MLB.TV ? There are options instead of crying like a little girl about it.
  13. How can even the biggest Marlin homers be touting JJ for a Cy Young after just witnessing the brilliance of Santana? I don't care which team won ... Santana was much better. But the record is the 1st qualifier, and at this junction, head-to-head its Johnson 1-0, and Santana 0-1.
  14. Actually, in American common vernacular, she is known as the Queen of England, no? Yeah, she really is. That person doesn't exist, it therefore cannot be used in common language. I win, as I always win, because I draw you morons into completely senseless arguments. :whistle
  15. No, not because of the Loria part. You say the same thing over and over - nothing new, so nothing particularly obnoxious. The whole lecture, which sounded like it was copied and pasted from a website (not saying it was, just commenting on the style) was obnoxious. Your didactic post was silly, since Rab was making an analogy to the Queen as a figurehead, which she is, just like Samson. And he's right. And it doesn't matter what the Queen is officially called. It was as if you saw the chance to make a legitimate, factual point, and you jumped all over it. You are apparently correct about your statement. +1. But what the heck difference did it make here? And again, the tone of your post - like you were screaming "OMG Rab, I can't believe you said that, it's sooooooooo wrong, I'm going to tell you the facts, you idiot. God, some people's children!!!!! (Rab must be related to Loria, that jerk!)" I can assure you that was not copied and pasted from a website . I am a historian, a genealogist specializing in Royal and Noble families, journalist for a number of magazines including Royalty Monthly, and Hello magazine, and a non-fiction writer who has co-written or shadowed a number of published works, including the soon to be published Living Decendants of Charlemagne. I only sought to clarify something that bugs me to no end. The improper use of Her Majesty's title. It's tatamount to calling President Obama, President of only the African-Americans. Its incorrect and disrespectful. I take enough crap from the posters at this site, because I feel the Marlins would be better served with another owner, actually any other owner. :banghead I admit I do it to get a rise out of them, and some of them fall for it each and every time. :shifty Most of them understand it, and I think actually get the joke, but some I guess just are too thick headed to follow it. Actually, there is no such thing as "President Obama". His title is President of the United States Barack Hussein Obama II. Gotta love it. No, there is such a thing as President Obama in common vernacular. There is no Queen of England in common vernacular, because there is no such person. I win :thumbup Haha, I was thinking the same thing. Except I live in reality, where the Queen of England is commonly used, like in this recent article from PC World, President Obama Gives IPod to Queen of England You very lose. That is execution of poor journalism. You are using that as an authority ? For shame. You lose, and Loria loses, he must go.
  16. Actually, in American common vernacular, she is known as the Queen of England, no? No, that person doesn't exist. There is NO Queen of England.
  17. No, not because of the Loria part. You say the same thing over and over - nothing new, so nothing particularly obnoxious. The whole lecture, which sounded like it was copied and pasted from a website (not saying it was, just commenting on the style) was obnoxious. Your didactic post was silly, since Rab was making an analogy to the Queen as a figurehead, which she is, just like Samson. And he's right. And it doesn't matter what the Queen is officially called. It was as if you saw the chance to make a legitimate, factual point, and you jumped all over it. You are apparently correct about your statement. +1. But what the heck difference did it make here? And again, the tone of your post - like you were screaming "OMG Rab, I can't believe you said that, it's sooooooooo wrong, I'm going to tell you the facts, you idiot. God, some people's children!!!!! (Rab must be related to Loria, that jerk!)" I can assure you that was not copied and pasted from a website . I am a historian, a genealogist specializing in Royal and Noble families, journalist for a number of magazines including Royalty Monthly, and Hello magazine, and a non-fiction writer who has co-written or shadowed a number of published works, including the soon to be published Living Decendants of Charlemagne. I only sought to clarify something that bugs me to no end. The improper use of Her Majesty's title. It's tatamount to calling President Obama, President of only the African-Americans. Its incorrect and disrespectful. I take enough crap from the posters at this site, because I feel the Marlins would be better served with another owner, actually any other owner. :banghead I admit I do it to get a rise out of them, and some of them fall for it each and every time. :shifty Most of them understand it, and I think actually get the joke, but some I guess just are too thick headed to follow it. Actually, there is no such thing as "President Obama". His title is President of the United States Barack Hussein Obama II. Gotta love it. No, there is such a thing as President Obama in common vernacular. There is no Queen of England in common vernacular, because there is no such person. I win :thumbup
  18. No, not because of the Loria part. You say the same thing over and over - nothing new, so nothing particularly obnoxious. The whole lecture, which sounded like it was copied and pasted from a website (not saying it was, just commenting on the style) was obnoxious. Your didactic post was silly, since Rab was making an analogy to the Queen as a figurehead, which she is, just like Samson. And he's right. And it doesn't matter what the Queen is officially called. It was as if you saw the chance to make a legitimate, factual point, and you jumped all over it. You are apparently correct about your statement. +1. But what the heck difference did it make here? And again, the tone of your post - like you were screaming "OMG Rab, I can't believe you said that, it's sooooooooo wrong, I'm going to tell you the facts, you idiot. God, some people's children!!!!! (Rab must be related to Loria, that jerk!)" I can assure you that was not copied and pasted from a website . I am a historian, a genealogist specializing in Royal and Noble families, journalist for a number of magazines including Royalty Monthly, and Hello magazine, and a non-fiction writer who has co-written or shadowed a number of published works, including the soon to be published Living Decendants of Charlemagne. I only sought to clarify something that bugs me to no end. The improper use of Her Majesty's title. It's tatamount to calling President Obama, President of only the African-Americans. Its incorrect and disrespectful. I take enough crap from the posters at this site, because I feel the Marlins would be better served with another owner, actually any other owner. :banghead I admit I do it to get a rise out of them, and some of them fall for it each and every time. :shifty Most of them understand it, and I think actually get the joke, but some I guess just are too thick headed to follow it.
  19. Here is the deal with Samson: He has so little to do with running the team it's borderline hilarious, assuming you find blatant nepotism funny. If you are angry about something to do with the organization, on the field or off, blaming Samson is like blaming the Queen of England because you don't like our trade agreement with Canada. There is no such thing as "The Queen of England". The monarch in Britain is only known as the King/Queen of The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland until 1937, and since then as of The United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland. It has been such for more than 300 years. (The act of union was ratified by Scottish and English parliaments in 1707) As for Canada, the monarch is separately, and independantly known as King/Queen of Canada. If Britain were to become a republic tomorrow, Elizabeth Windsor-Mountbatten would still be Queen of Canada, and also of, Australia, New Zealand, The Bahamas, Jamaica and a number of other states. As for Samson, he is and will always be a weasel. Loria keeps in the organization for God knows what reason. Loria is to blame. He needs to go. Am I the only one that found this post (while informative) still completely hilarious? Arguably one of the most obnoxious posts I've read in my (admittedly short) time here, even by Mungo standards. Obnoxious why ? Because I truly believe that Loria is the worst and most unfit owner in MLB ? I will continue to harp on that until he is gone, and we have an owner that truly believes in making the Marlins a winner.
  20. This is typical of an organization that doesn't want to win. Loria has demanded that this happen, so that he will not have to pay higher salaries if they win. Loria is to blame and needs to go.
  21. Here is the deal with Samson: He has so little to do with running the team it's borderline hilarious, assuming you find blatant nepotism funny. If you are angry about something to do with the organization, on the field or off, blaming Samson is like blaming the Queen of England because you don't like our trade agreement with Canada. There is no such thing as "The Queen of England". The monarch in Britain is only known as the King/Queen of The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland until 1937, and since then as of The United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland. It has been such for more than 300 years. (The act of union was ratified by Scottish and English parliaments in 1707) As for Canada, the monarch is separately, and independantly known as King/Queen of Canada. If Britain were to become a republic tomorrow, Elizabeth Windsor-Mountbatten would still be Queen of Canada, and also of, Australia, New Zealand, The Bahamas, Jamaica and a number of other states. As for Samson, he is and will always be a weasel. Loria keeps in the organization for God knows what reason. Loria is to blame. He needs to go.
  22. Mungo beat me to my post. Paulino has gotten bad reviews at every stop for his lack of work ethic and general laziness. He doesn't run well. I really like our front office and I would be the first to jump on their bandwagon for finding diamonds in the rough, (case in point Baker) but were the Pirates, Phillies, and Giants all dumb? I would have preferred to see the Marlins get Adam Melhuse from the Rangers. He had a terrific spring (I know ST stats are misleading), and from all I've heard he is a terrific clubhouse guy, can play 3rd or 1st, is a switch hitter and was perfect compliment to Jason Kendall in Oakland. We could have gotten him for the ML Minimum and used the excess dough for a lefty reliever. I'm still missing Arthur Rhoades! Actually guys, if you look upthread, I was only quoting Marlins2003 and putting in my feelings about this trade. It really isn't an upgrade, but it does tell you how poorly they think of Rabelo at this point. He might as well find another line of work, because MLB baseball is not for him.
  23. http://www.miamiherald.com/news/miami_dade...ory/971965.html I won't post the complete article, but here's the most relevant quote, imo: Claude Delorme, the Marlins' senior vice president for stadium development, said the team would hire Miami residents from federal enterprise and empowerment zones, which includes Little Havana, during the construction phase. This is part of a new community workforce plan. The Marlins have also agreed to hire small businesses locally -- specifically from the community and small business enterprise programs -- for both construction jobs and other post-construction work, DeLorme said. He also predicted that a fair amount of residents would work at the stadium on an event-by-event basis in areas such as concessions, operations and maintenance. ''People like to work close to their homes,'' he said. All good things. The stadium needs to get done now.
  24. Jayson Stark on Ronny Paulino: "Before the Phillies traded Ronny Paulino to the Giants (who then dealt him to Florida), the Mets and Marlins were also interested. I surveyed four scouts Saturday on the Paulino-for-Jack Taschner deal. They all voted it a steal for the Phillies. "Good thing the Phillies traded Paulino when they did," said one. "The more they showcased him, the worse he got." http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?...me=stark_jayson :confused Oh boy :blink:
  25. I didn't realize Joe Girardi was still around. Seriously though I understand the want to look professional and I sure as hell don't want to see any Manny looking types out there, but there has to be a middle ground on this. That's what I thought....this is new ? Didn't Girardi have these rules too ?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.