Chad Cordero?

Fish4Life

No

Let me elaborate, it has already been said that he is going to miss all of the 2009 season. We do not need to sign a guy to be on the DL

no it hasnt. he is hoping to be back by st.

I am sorry, reading an old article, but he IS coming back from a major injury that kept him out almost all of this season. He will not be in top form

We also have Henry Owens returning, Ryan Tucker most likely becoming a full time reliever, Pinto being ready for the beginning of the season, Badenhop most likely being in the pen, Lindstrom closing, and we just got that reliever from KC, no need to spend unnessesary cash

We also have Henry Owens returning, Ryan Tucker most likely becoming a full time reliever, Pinto being ready for the beginning of the season, Badenhop most likely being in the pen, Lindstrom closing, and we just got that reliever from KC, no need to spend unnessesary cash

this is who we have in the pen

lindstrom

rhodes

nelson

pinto

tucker

cruz

and tucker might not even be ready. henry owens is nothing special

Badenhop?

Owens is another that's going to have to throw well in Spring Training to earn a spot.

As of now, you got Lindstrom, Nunez, Pinto, and Tucker having, basically, guaranteed spots in the pen. The rest should be battling for the remaining spots, come March.

Hes going to be ready for ST, please dont compare Owens to Cordero.... thats a joke

Never compared the two. Cordero is still young, and is the second youngest player ever to 100 saves. It all comes down to how much it would cost to get him, period. Cordero has to prove to US that he can get back in shape. It is easy to say you are going to be ready for Spring Training, it is another thing entirely to actually be ready

lindstrom

rhodes

nelson

pinto

tucker

cruz

Rhodes is a free agent.

When healthy, Henry Owens is fantastic. But his career might be close to being over so it may not matter.

Badenhop?

Owens is another that's going to have to throw well in Spring Training to earn a spot.

As of now, you got Lindstrom, Nunez, Pinto, and Tucker having, basically, guaranteed spots in the pen. The rest should be battling for the remaining spots, come March.

What has Tucker done to guarantee a spot? The pen is:

Lindstrom, Nunez, Nelson, Pinto

Kensing is out of options, so if he isn't on the team he is gone. Tankeresly is the most veteran of everyone else. And then you have Tucker, Cruz, Delgado, Owens, Gardner, and maybe Vanden Hurk, Thompson, or Badenhop if they want to turn them into relievers. Also, if they keep Olsen, one of Anibal/Miller is guaranteed. I'd hardly say guaranteed.

-------

Cordero will get a huge incentive laden deal from someone else. Not for us.

lindstrom

rhodes

nelson

pinto

tucker

cruz

Rhodes is a free agent.

When healthy, Henry Owens is fantastic. But his career might be close to being over so it may not matter.

rhodes is coming back and henry owens was a jason vargas throw in.

he pitched for 2 months and people think he is something special but he really isnt

Badenhop?

What has Tucker done to guarantee a spot? The pen is:

Lindstrom, Nunez, Nelson, Pinto

Kensing is out of options, so if he isn't on the team he is gone. Tankeresly is the most veteran of everyone else. And then you have Tucker, Cruz, Delgado, Owens, Gardner, and maybe Vanden Hurk, Thompson, or Badenhop if they want to turn them into relievers. Also, if they keep Olsen, one of Anibal/Miller is guaranteed. I'd hardly say guaranteed.

-------

Cordero will get a huge incentive laden deal from someone else. Not for us.

The organization just seems really high on Tucker after the year he had in AA, so I think he'll get a spot.

As far as Nelson...don't we have to sign him back, first?

I don't think Nelson will cost more than 750-800k to sign. Considering the solid season he had, as well as his experience to complement a young bullpen, I think there's a good chance the FO brings him back.

Well, the Marlins usually replace experienced journeymen relievers, like Nelson.

To be honest, I'm not sure what Doug Waechter's contract situation is...but I'd rather have Waechter over Nelson.