Undecided Senate Races Thread

FutureGM

There are still three undecided races in the Senate that either have votes being counted, or are going to runoffs.

Alaska: Incumbent Sen. Ted Stevens ® vs. Challenger Mark Begich (D, Mayor of Anchorage)

Georgia: Incumbent Sen. Saxby Chambliss ® vs. Challenger Jim Martin (D)

Minnesota: Incumbent Sen. Norm Coleman ® vs. Challenger Al Franken (D, Comedian and former Air America host)

I hope Coleman's lead holds up . Franken is a not a good man. I think Chambliss will win in GA , GA is a still a Republican leaning state and it is hard to imagine many of Obama's supporters who voted straight Democrat will turn out in the kind of numbers that they did for the presidential election to just support Martin. As far as Stevens goes I guess this guy is the Republican version of Ted kennedy , he has brought so much money back to Alaska I guess no matter what he has done it will be forgiven .

I think Al Franken is a fine man, I just don't think he should be Senator Franken.

Respectfully , I disagree. Al Franken's caustic rhetoric is not useful for those of us who are in favor of a respectfull political discourse. Franken is a disingenius politican . He wants to raise my taxes yet he doesnt pay his taxes . He is for the "working man" but violates New York law by refusing to carry workers compensation insurance for his employees. As a country we would be alot better of if politicians practiced what they preached and did not demonize anyone who disagrees with them. ( a lesson we all should have learned from Clinton and Bush years).

As far as Stevens goes I guess this guy is the Republican version of Ted kennedy , he has brought so much money back to

Kind of like Biden in Deleware, they are the cockroaches of politics.

Watch what you say about Biden in these parts, as you will receive heat despite rationalizing your dislike based on stated policy moves.

Policy moves, the fact that hes considered the biggest joke in politics even to his contemporaries, yada yada yada. I guess I should give him the benefit of the doubt now because hes VP. Seems to be the running theme around here.

As far as Stevens goes I guess this guy is the Republican version of Ted kennedy , he has brought so much money back to

Watch what you say about Biden in these parts, as you will receive heat despite rationalizing your dislike based on stated policy moves.

Let's lay this out in simple terms. You hate Biden because of his foreign policy views which, on the whole, are about the same as 70% of the Senate, and 90% of republicans. So your hate for Biden should match your hate for a lot of other people, namely republicans.

Jimmy hates Biden because jimmy is a partisan. So he likes, neh, loves, the same republicans that hold the same policy views as Biden.

The above conversation is the equivilant of a black ex-girlfreind of Obama and a white supremecist getting together and saying why they hate Obama.

Let's lay this out in simple terms. You hate Biden because of his foreign policy views which, on the whole, are about the same as 70% of the Senate, and 90% of republicans. So your hate for Biden should match your hate for a lot of other people, namely republicans.

Jimmy hates Biden because jimmy is a partisan. So he likes, neh, loves, the same republicans that hold the same policy views as Biden.

The above conversation is the equivilant of a black ex-girlfreind of Obama and a white supremecist getting together and saying why they hate Obama.

Im not a republican. I am about as far from partisan as you can get. In this election alone, I voted for people representing 4 different parties(republican, democrat, libertarian, and green) AND an independent. Politically I am about as straight down the middle as you can get, I will vote for the candidate I think will suit the job they are vying for best regardless of party. If you must know, I have even previously voted for Obama(in 2004). I knew at the time how poorly he did as a state senator, but he was the lesser of two evils compared to Alan Keyes.

My dislike of Biden comes from the simple fact that hes a joke. Even among his peers in his own party hes a joke. Whether you want to believe it or not, Biden was just as-if not more-embarrassing a running mate as Sarah Palin was. Him as vice-president was a good move for 2 reasons: he does appeal to a select group of democrats and he keeps Obama safe because no one in their right mind would want Joe Biden as president.

I just love the way he wasn't even trying to conceal his ignorance by hitting me with the Republican label.

Way to prove a point, buddy.

I guess your dissatisfaction with the Libertarian party in it's current state automatically makes you a republican? Who knows. But seriously, if Bob Barr is the best they can do I myself am near done with the party.

I don't visit the board enough to know every one of your views jimmy, but I did run across you posting the articles about Obama having ties to "pro-Palestinian" person who has said negative things about Israel. Maybe you think support of Israel is wrong, but you're definitely a hypocrite on this issue for pursuing this story as somehow being a black mark on Obama

http://www.marlinsbaseball.com/forums/inde...t&p=1748636.

A 3rd party does need to step up and win some seats in congress and maybe a few states in the electoral college-just to be seen as legitimate-and the LP as they are now are incapable of that IMO. The republicans and democrats have just amassed too much power and wealth, the suppression of views other than theirs, even though both parties have proven incompetent for decades.

I just love the way he wasn't even trying to conceal his ignorance by hitting me with the Republican label.

Way to prove a point, buddy.

I guess your dissatisfaction with the Libertarian party in it's current state automatically makes you a republican? Who knows. But seriously, if Bob Barr is the best they can do I myself am near done with the party.

hint: voting for more than one party does not mean youre in the middle especially when you're a libertarian

Looks like Norm Coleman is about to get screwed in Minnesota. More "votes" in areas favorable to to Franken are being found , I read ballots found in a car are being counted . of course these ballots produced more votes for Franken . I think this is going to end up like the Washington governors race in 2004 , where Dino Rossi won the the vote , the recount , the manual recount , then mysteriously more votes were found to push Gregoire over the top.

Barr's record as a pretty stalwart Republican made for a strange pick.

Didn't I just go over this?

While, I'm not a Barr supporter (I did not vote for him), even with his previous neo-con leaning record, there is an argument that his recognizability could be more advantageous for the party than nominating an unknown activist with little background who follows the platform perfectly. I'm not saying I endorse this line of reasoning, but it isn't entire strange that he got picked.

I was stating my view, that's all. Sorry if it was covered.