4/14 Post Game

Fish Dynasty

also Nunez looked good in the 8th, he could be a nice fit there.

Could be a nice fit in the 9th, if you ask me. He impresses me more than Lindstrom, to be honest.

He's a lefty. Its kinda wierd to see a L as a closer.

Even though Nunez is not a lefty, Billy Wagner is. I don't know why you think it's weird to see a lefty as a closer.

The Tigers should take notes about what happens when an organization takes time with their prospects (Volstad) rather than rushing them to the majors (Miller).

We should stop trading with them.

Or maybe Volstad's just better.

Or maybe we have yet to see the best of Miller.

Or maybe we still have Cameron Maybin, who really was the best player coming back in that deal, anyways.

And...oh yeah...we should've never released De La Cruz. Dumb move.

My point was that they do that same thing with a lot of their prospects (Brent Clevlen, Fredi Dolsi, and Rick Porcello, who I refuse to believe is ready at 20, come to mind) and their system really isn't very deep at all to begin with.

Have to be pleased with the way everyone pitched tonight. Nunez has a great change-up and looked very good striking out those two batters. I'm glad Matty got some work tonight-he needed it. A 9 pitch inning is working very effective. Although he didn't strike anybody out at least he was throwing the ball down and even mixed in some off-speed stuff. I know he can throw the fastball but my favorite pitch tonight was the split-change that he threw to Garrett Anderson. It had great movement and G.A. swung right through it. Seeing him throw off-speed over for strikes is very promising and will keep the hitters off-balance. He is a little behind from spring training but he's getting there IMO. Good job overall by those who pitched tonight for the Marlins.

Volstad just looks so composed every time he takes to the mound.

My one major negative about this game was that I fell asleep and missed the 2nd and 3rd innings and hence our first 3 runs!!! I did manage to stay awake for the rest of the game tho and see out the win lol

And even tho we have seen it plenty of times so far this season, I am still amazed at the speed of Bonifacio every time he runs the bases.

Watching EB go first to home distorts your perspective on "the game". Your mind starts playing tricks on you, thinking this is "normal". Man on first, double to the outfield, runner scores. I can just see 29 other GMs text messaging their Latin American scouts saying, "Get me the next Emilio Bonifacio"..." :brigginbounce

I do wonder what his line looks like at the end of the season (which is not an invitation to change the direction of this thread) and how long it will be before Fredi gets Maybin (who is making much much better contact these days than even a week ago) paired up with EB somehow or at least moves him up in the batting order permanently. The more I see him swing the bat the less worried I am he's overmatched at this level.

Volstad gets my vote for following one masterful performance (JJ's) with his own masterpiece (aside from the homer). Heck of a way to start off on the road against a solid line-up. Winning the series is made that much more easier when you win the first game.

creepily enough I noticed you were reading the same thread at the bottom stats on a different thread, but your PM isn't active ........ as I've been heckled at BOB/Chase for being "the one marlins fan" I was wondering where in AZ you reside?

I'm in the SW valley