Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Close to a Championship

Featured Replies

Add more to the last post, Nelson did more than you may think. He ran our offense. He averaged 17 PPG. With him, we had the best record in the league. I think Erick said this, Nelson is very underrated. No one really knows how much he means to our team.

Rashard Lewis does not live at the 3 point line. He does shoot alot of 3s, but he is so versatile. He can score in anyway. He can post you up, drive, get to the free throw line, shoot the mid range jumper. His offensive game is very good.

Dwight Howard isn't a scoring threat NOW, but he's only 23 years old. Give him time. He will learn and be the dominant center we need to win rings.

Hedo is important, I realize that. But, Nelson was just as clutch this year before he went down with injury. If Hedo leaves, and we get a defensive minded power forward to replace him, we will be a top 3 seed again.

Yes, the best way to base a players ability is to base them on all star appearances.

 

Again, Hedo averaged 16.8 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 4.9 apg. If you think you can make up for that absence, by all means continue to believe that.

your entire post is assumption. You do realize that the Magic probably don't have the cap space to go out and get that power forward you want, right? You are assuming that Howard becomes a scoring demon, which as of right now he isn't, although he is a great defensive player, when its late in games, he's nowhere to be found. You are assuming that new guys come up and take over for what they are going to miss in Hedo. You are assuming that the team can continue to live and die by the three pointer. And you assume that Nelson stays healthy all next season. If he goes down, and with I believe Rafer Alston leaving in free agency, who steps up and takes his place?

 

You're making a lot of assumptions.

your entire post is assumption. You do realize that the Magic probably don't have the cap space to go out and get that power forward you want, right? You are assuming that Howard becomes a scoring demon, which as of right now he isn't, although he is a great defensive player, when its late in games, he's nowhere to be found. You are assuming that new guys come up and take over for what they are going to miss in Hedo. You are assuming that the team can continue to live and die by the three pointer. And you assume that Nelson stays healthy all next season. If he goes down, and with I believe Rafer Alston leaving in free agency, who steps up and takes his place?

 

You're making a lot of assumptions.

 

 

 

No, we do have the cap space to go out and get the power forward we want. It's not like I'm asking for Amare Stoudamire. Chris Anderson would be a perfect fit here. And I don't know If you heard, but the Magic are willing to pay tax to keep Hedo Turkoglu.

Dwight Howard is our franchise center. He averages 20 PPG on just dunks and free throws alone. We have Patrick Ewing to teach him and mentor him, which should help alot.

I never said that. I said we can win without Hedo because we have other players that are clutch and can perform big in 4th quarters.

When did I say that? Stop putting words in my mouth.

We might re-sign Alston, so If Nelson goes down I'll feel safe.

Miller, the reason Turk is opted out is because he wants a long term contract. I don't believe the Magic will give him it, period.

 

And the matter of you guys resigning Alston. It's a lose lose either way imo. You have two guys who feel they should be starting. You really can't keep both imo.

 

There's a lot of issues with the Magic going into next season, with Boston in probably their last season as the Big 3, I have no doubt they go balls to the walls next season and go for the title, and I believe they get to the Finals.

Miller23, I'm sorry, but nobody really is intimidated by a Nelson/Lewis/Howard trio. Howard has never emerged as a true scoring threat, Lewis lives at the three point line, and Nelson averaged 5 assists as a point guard, not really that good. Turk made all the clutch shots for you guys, without him you guys will still be 3rd or 4th in the conference next year, but won't go as far next year as you did this year.

 

 

 

You do know you just named our 3 all stars, right?

 

Yeah but i agree with Dim, they are not a huge threat because they can all be stopped and Hedo was that little piece of the puzzle Orlando Needed to be good. He may not be an All Star but he is a solid overall player who scores constantly and can beat one by driving to the lane or the 3 point shot. Nelson is pretty good though and has the potential to be a great player as he has the ability to shot and drive but he needs to learn how to finish because he has the tendency to miss with just one man in his way. Lewis is just a good 3 point shooter and it doesn't suprise me becaue he has some of the longest arms in the league and can gets shots of easily even with someone in his face but Howard is good but needs to learn how to score with finese rather then power if he's going to be great. If he dosen't teams will be studying LA's gameplan on how to play him and sooner or later he'll become a non factor like he was in the Finals.

Miami. We have the FO to bring us a championship soon, IMO. I don't see the Heat winning mainly because the Orlando Magic and all the other high powered teams in the Western Conference.

 

 

LOL! f*** THE MAGIC! This was their one chance to do something and they blew it. If they ain't making their 3's, they ain't winning and you can't expect to go far with a team like that. Also, if they lose Turkoglu to free agency, they're super f***ed.

 

 

Yea, because the Heat and their one armed superstar are a real threat to do something, right?

Also, your comment on us not making 3s is ignorant. We can have an off night and still win games, I've seen the Magic do it before.

We can win without Hedo. As Dwight goes, we go. Face it, the heat have NO ONE to stop Dwight, and I doubt they find someone. And even If they do get by Orlando, Cleveland, or Boston(doubt it), they cannot beat ANYONE in the West.

I don't care who they sign in 2010. They are not going to beat Orlando because they CANNOT stop Dwight Howard. Plain and Simple.

 

Wade is much better than Howard so I don't know why you are even trying to take shots at him. I wasn't impressed with your team entering the playoffs, you guys just got hot at the right time and lucky enough to play the Celtics without KG. Nelson/Lewis/Howard doesn't scare anyone. You better hope your FO adds a significant player with the cap space they're getting from Hedo leaving because as it stands right now you are probably looking at the 5th seed.

 

I can't argue with someone who lacks basketball knowledge like you. Sorry, sir. Take your ignorant post elsewhere.

 

:rolleyes:

 

You're just being a Magic homer. My ignorant post? Every post you've made in this thread reaks of ignorance. The fact of the matter is everyone outside of Orlando knows the Magic got lucky by making the finals this year. In the two games KG got 30+ minutes against Orlando during the regular season the Celtics won by 19 and at Orlando by 10. You act as if Howard just came into the league. He just got done with his 5th season, who's to say he'll ever develop a true offensive game? You say you can win without Hedo because you have other clutch players? Outside of Rashard Lewis whom would that be?

 

Jameer Nelson was good THIS year but is a walking injury. You have no SG and your promising backup center is probably leaving through free agentcy as well. I highly doubt you'll be able to sign someone for the money you paid Turkoglu who would put up similar numbers. Chris Andersen? Two below average offensive players in the post for the Magic. I guess Patrick Ewing will never win his ring.

Miller, the reason Turk is opted out is because he wants a long term contract. I don't believe the Magic will give him it, period.

 

And the matter of you guys resigning Alston. It's a lose lose either way imo. You have two guys who feel they should be starting. You really can't keep both imo.

 

There's a lot of issues with the Magic going into next season, with Boston in probably their last season as the Big 3, I have no doubt they go balls to the walls next season and go for the title, and I believe they get to the Finals.

 

 

I just told you the Magics have stated they would pay the luxury tax to sign Hedo.

 

And I'm not arguing that the Magics are going to the Finals next season. The Celtics have a great chance to go for the reason you stated. I'm just saying you can count out Orlando. It's ignorant.

Miller23, I'm sorry, but nobody really is intimidated by a Nelson/Lewis/Howard trio. Howard has never emerged as a true scoring threat, Lewis lives at the three point line, and Nelson averaged 5 assists as a point guard, not really that good. Turk made all the clutch shots for you guys, without him you guys will still be 3rd or 4th in the conference next year, but won't go as far next year as you did this year.

 

 

 

You do know you just named our 3 all stars, right?

 

Yeah but i agree with Dim, they are not a huge threat because they can all be stopped and Hedo was that little piece of the puzzle Orlando Needed to be good. He may not be an All Star but he is a solid overall player who scores constantly and can beat one by driving to the lane or the 3 point shot. Nelson is pretty good though and has the potential to be a great player as he has the ability to shot and drive but he needs to learn how to finish because he has the tendency to miss with just one man in his way. Lewis is just a good 3 point shooter and it doesn't suprise me becaue he has some of the longest arms in the league and can gets shots of easily even with someone in his face but Howard is good but needs to learn how to score with finese rather then power if he's going to be great. If he dosen't teams will be studying LA's gameplan on how to play him and sooner or later he'll become a non factor like he was in the Finals.

Nelson is good. Again, he's very underrated.

Lewis is not only a 3 point shooter. He is very versatile as I already stated.

Dwight Howard WILL get better. He's only 23 years old with Patrick Ewing coaching him up.

 

Look, Hedo is important. I'm not denying that. If we keep him I would not be angry. If we don't, I will not be angry. IMO, we can win without him.

I don't see the Magic as a overly-challenging obstacle for any team in the East right now, the way they are currently assembled. As great as Howard is, he'll never be as dominating as Shaq. He's just not big enough. There are centers in this league capable of guarding the superman (Perk and Bynum did alright?). His strength is clearly his defense. And i don't think Turk is good enough to be your best perimeter player either. Magic are a great team no doubt, but clearly benefitted from match-up advantages against the Cavs and a Boston team with no Garnett. Howard would need to seriously improve his offensive game for the Magic to win a title.

You're just being a Magic homer. My ignorant post? Every post you've made in this thread reaks of ignorance. The fact of the matter is everyone outside of Orlando knows the Magic got lucky by making the finals this year. In the two games KG got 30+ minutes against Orlando during the regular season the Celtics won by 19 and at Orlando by 10. You act as if Howard just came into the league. He just got done with his 5th season, who's to say he'll ever develop a true offensive game? You say you can win without Hedo because you have other clutch players? Outside of Rashard Lewis whom would that be?

 

Jameer Nelson was good THIS year but is a walking injury. You have no SG and your promising backup center is probably leaving through free agentcy as well. I highly doubt you'll be able to sign someone for the money you paid Turkoglu who would put up similar numbers. Chris Andersen? Two below average offensive players in the post for the Magic. I guess Patrick Ewing will never win his ring.

 

 

 

Lol, another ignorant post.

 

How am I being a Magic Homer? Because I'm defending my team against the likes of you? All I said was I don't think the Heat can win because the Magics are in the same division and conference. So far, I am right.

 

That's the ignorant part about you. Lucky? Really. Sure, they didn't have KG, but we didn't have Nelson. It's not like Glen Davis was playing like sh!t for them. Remember, he made that game winning jumpshot to beat us. He played realy well during the playoffs. At least, against Orlando.

 

Dwight Howard came into the leage as an 18 year old, not as a 22 year old. He's not 27 and in his prime yet. He's 23 years old, about to reach his prime with Patrick Ewing, one of the all time greats, teaching him. He will get better.

 

Rashard Lewis, Jameer Nelson, and Courtney Lee. Have they all made game winning jump shots like Hedo? No. But they've all stepped up at one point or another to lead us to victory in the regular season and in the playoffs.

 

A walking injury? He suffered the same injury as Dwyane Wade, and he turned out fine. Why can't Nelson come back healthy? Is it because he's a magic?

 

You're forgetting Courtney Lee, sir. Yea, you know ALOT about the NBA.

 

Marcin Gortat? He's good and promising, but he can be replaced. It's not like he was going to start over Dwight Howard.

 

I've said this a 1000 times, but I'll say it again. If we let Hedo Turkoglu go, we need to sign a power forward who can rebound the ball and play good defense. We need to get tougher. Chris Anderson is a good fit. He blocks shots, and is a pretty good rebounder.

 

Who's the second below average offensive player? If it's Dwight, then I can't argue with you anymore. You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

I don't see the Magic as a overly-challenging obstacle for any team in the East right now, the way they are currently assembled. As great as Howard is, he'll never be as dominating as Shaq. He's just not big enough. There are centers in this league capable of guarding the superman (Perk and Bynum did alright?). His strength is clearly his defense. And i don't think Turk is good enough to be your best perimeter player either. Magic are a great team no doubt, but clearly benefitted from match-up advantages against the Cavs and a Boston team with no Garnett. Howard would need to seriously improve his offensive game for the Magic to win a title.

 

 

Dwight Howard won't be as dominant as Shaq, but he will be pretty dominate. And we won without Nelson. I know KG is more important to them, but Nelson is our starting PG.

  • Author

Mr.Fish, sorry about hijacking the thread, lmao.

 

Nah lol its ok im actually happy i finally made a thread that ppl have actually talked in lol if you look at the other threads ive made like only 2 ppl write in it lol so its cool theres 2 pages on this one so im happy :)

Ok, I'm gonna get this thread back on topic

 

Why is everyone against the Panthers? If i remeber correctley, they were close to making the playoffs this year. What's wrong with them?

I'll still take a healthy Celtics team over a healthy Magic squad. KG is Boston's best player. The Magic are no doubt a solid playoff team i just can't see their team winning the championship the way it is now. Their offense is too predictable and when the shots don't fall their half court game is soft. But like I said, if Howard finally gets a consistent offensive game they become real tough. Leaves the East wide open to my Miami Heat led by Wade, Bosh, and Beasley.

I'll still take a healthy Celtics team over a healthy Magic squad. KG is Boston's best player. The Magic are no doubt a solid playoff team i just can't see their team winning the championship the way it is now. Their offense is too predictable and when the shots don't fall their half court game is soft. But like I said, if Howard finally gets a consistent offensive game they become real tough. Leaves the East wide open to my Miami Heat led by Wade, Bosh, and Beasley.

 

 

 

Ok, that's your opinion and I respect that.

You're just being a Magic homer. My ignorant post? Every post you've made in this thread reaks of ignorance. The fact of the matter is everyone outside of Orlando knows the Magic got lucky by making the finals this year. In the two games KG got 30+ minutes against Orlando during the regular season the Celtics won by 19 and at Orlando by 10. You act as if Howard just came into the league. He just got done with his 5th season, who's to say he'll ever develop a true offensive game? You say you can win without Hedo because you have other clutch players? Outside of Rashard Lewis whom would that be?

 

Jameer Nelson was good THIS year but is a walking injury. You have no SG and your promising backup center is probably leaving through free agentcy as well. I highly doubt you'll be able to sign someone for the money you paid Turkoglu who would put up similar numbers. Chris Andersen? Two below average offensive players in the post for the Magic. I guess Patrick Ewing will never win his ring.

 

 

 

Lol, another ignorant post.

 

How am I being a Magic Homer? Because I'm defending my team against the likes of you? All I said was I don't think the Heat can win because the Magics are in the same division and conference. So far, I am right.

 

That's the ignorant part about you. Lucky? Really. Sure, they didn't have KG, but we didn't have Nelson. It's not like Glen Davis was playing like sh!t for them. Remember, he made that game winning jumpshot to beat us. He played realy well during the playoffs. At least, against Orlando.

 

Dwight Howard came into the leage as an 18 year old, not as a 22 year old. He's not 27 and in his prime yet. He's 23 years old, about to reach his prime with Patrick Ewing, one of the all time greats, teaching him. He will get better.

 

Rashard Lewis, Jameer Nelson, and Courtney Lee. Have they all made game winning jump shots like Hedo? No. But they've all stepped up at one point or another to lead us to victory in the regular season and in the playoffs.

 

A walking injury? He suffered the same injury as Dwyane Wade, and he turned out fine. Why can't Nelson come back healthy? Is it because he's a magic?

 

You're forgetting Courtney Lee, sir. Yea, you know ALOT about the NBA.

 

Marcin Gortat? He's good and promising, but he can be replaced. It's not like he was going to start over Dwight Howard.

 

I've said this a 1000 times, but I'll say it again. If we let Hedo Turkoglu go, we need to sign a power forward who can rebound the ball and play good defense. We need to get tougher. Chris Anderson is a good fit. He blocks shots, and is a pretty good rebounder.

 

Who's the second below average offensive player? If it's Dwight, then I can't argue with you anymore. You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

 

I have nothing against the Magic. I was rooting for them against the Lakers and Cavs(If I had to hear about how amazing the Kobe-LeBron finals was going to be one more time..)

 

I took offense to you saying you would make it back to the Finals without Turkoglu and how the Magic would beat the Heat in 2010 no matter who they signed because they would have no one to stop Howard when in all probability we will sign either Bosh or Amare who would be able to stick with Howard.

 

While Davis didn't play horribly standing in for KG in the playoffs, he averaged 15.8 PPG 5.6 RPG 1.8 APG 1.2 SPG. That's a far cry from the 20.4 PPG 10.5 RPG 3.3 APG 1.3 SPG 1.1 BPG Garnett averaged in the playoffs the year prior. You may not have had Nelson but KG is on a different level.

 

Speaking of Nelson, when I refer to him as a walking injury, I'm not talking just about the torn labrum from this year. He's been on the injury report quite a bit since entering the league. He's injury prone.

 

Howard is a very good defensive player, I'll give him that. Just about everyone(on TV, message boards, at the office) will say his offense is lacking and it is. The only way he scores is by either backing someone up under the basket and dunking it or by getting a offensive rebound and dunking it. He doesn't have any other go-to-moves. There's a reason Kobe, LeBron and Wade are considered the three best players in the league.. because they get the job done on both sides of the court.

 

Also, Courtney Lee is not a reason to say you are set at SG just because he had a solid rookie season. For the most part he is still unproven.

 

Anyways, it should be interesting to see how the Southeast ends up next season. If the Hawks keep Josh Smith, I can see the Magic/Hawks/Heat close together in the standings

Hey, that's your opinion. My opinion is a little different, but that's the world we live in. Not everyone shares the same view.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.