Oil spill video

coby858

I didn't find that to be very creative at all. And you're punishing the person who owns that particular station by doing what he does. If that's your goal, then fine; but, that person has no connection to the executives. He or she is most likely just a small business owner.

This

People are so stupid... those poor people who operate BP stations are suffering over this. BP does not operate those gas stations, and boycotting those stations is unfair to the good people of this country who are simply small business owners. Learn a little bit before you act like an assclown.

I don't support it either, but its not like BP gas stations get their gas from Cheveron refineries . So if enough station's business is disrupted if would effect business at higher levels. It would have to be way more than have already been disrupted and they would probably just pass the costs along to the consumer in the long run anyway.

So BP doesn't own their stations? They're franchises?

I don't support it either, but its not like BP gas stations get their gas from Cheveron refineries . So if enough station's business is disrupted if would effect business at higher levels. It would have to be way more than have already been disrupted and they would probably just pass the costs along to the consumer in the long run anyway.

But, boycotting BP stations is also different than walking in, talking crap, spilling things deliberately to make a mess, and ruining merchandise.

I sincerely approve of the former; I take umbrage with the latter.

BP sold all of their stations to private owners. BP targets big companies for selling gasoline, and only sells gas as a wholesale but not a retail, if you will. So yup, they dont own any of their logo name stations.

And no, there will be no domino effect hurting BP. BP has plenty of money. In fact, boycotting BP stations is going to do the reverse effect. It's hurting small business owners who are already having a hard time as it is.

And while yes, it's obvious that BP stations are going to buy their gasoline from BP... but does that mean the small business owner supports BP? He/She doesnt have an option... it was a decision made long ago. Besides, I think so long as the federal government interacts properly in this mess BP shouldnt need to be boycotted because they should fix the damages. Boycott the government if they arent tough enough on BP, but as it stands now... I think the people should support (if you will, not really the best of words there) BP.

Honestly BP needs the pressure but has anyone here ever made a big mistake... i.e. broken something... and you are trying to fix it... and your friend or brother or sister or whomever is right there over your shoulder just being obnoxious telling you "good job!" and whatnot... honestly that only makes things worse. Yes, put pressure on BP so they live up to their word. But no, dont stop buying their gasoline, because if you want them to fix everything you are going to need to keep them away from bankruptcy, not towards it.