Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

6/24 Post Game

Featured Replies

I was hoping Houser can be good enough to be a LOOGY but it doesn't seem like he will with those numbers against Lefties and I still don't understand why'd they rush a future big league starting pitcher at the age of 22 and put him in the Bullpen.

It good be good by giving him experience when it's all said and done but I hope that it doesn't mess him up in any way shape or form.

Team strike-outs and NL rank since we hired Pressley in December 2005:

 

2006 1249 1 (understandable, they were raw)

2007 1332 1 (oops, should have gone down significantly)

2008 1371 1 (should have been fired, this is ridiculous)

2009 1226 4 (saved a job he should have lost a year ago)

2010 567 2

 

567 equates to a full-season rate of 1294. They're regressing toward their worst totals ever.

 

Absolutely pitiful. At least he won't be around to screw Stanton up.

 

 

Our OPS+ in the Presley era (2006 - 2010) was 98.8 which is 4th best in the NL behind Philadelphia, Atlanta and Milwaukee. The NL average was 94.1. So obviously we hit pretty well under Presley.

The Marlins were long overdue for a SP meltdown. At least this is the only one I can remember this season. I'm sure there were a couple more that I'm forgetting.

Hanley, Uggla and Ross all hacked away at and badly missed the same nasty stuff, low and away sliders. The guy only threw two pitches, fast ball inside or slider low and away to everyone, including Cantu (reached on an error.)

 

After all these years, it appears that guessing, not pitch identification is their strong suit.

 

After reading Pressley's whining and sour grapes, it's clear he has a lot to apologize for and has no intention of doing so.

 

Team strike-outs and NL rank since we hired Pressley in December 2005:

 

2006 1249 1 (understandable, they were raw)

2007 1332 1 (oops, should have gone down significantly)

2008 1371 1 (should have been fired, this is ridiculous)

2009 1226 4

2010 567 2

 

Pitiful. At least he won't be around to screw Stanton up.

 

 

 

I'll be damned. Somebody else finally figured it out.

 

umm....I don't know if you have just been ignoring what everybody else has said, but we all have known this team has had record strikeout numbers under Pressley, and Pressley has even said that he condones an "all or nothing" kind of approach a few years back. Not many fans liked Pressley, and nearly everybody is glad he is gone.

Th Marlins' pitching last night in Baltimore was so dreadfully shameful, I nearly had to carry out Seppuku in front of everyone at the stadium.

 

Of course everyone is acting like they won the World Series because it was such a blowout.

 

Well, I understood it. The rarity of them winning a game is like an average team winning a championship.

So how long till Sean West bumps Nate to the pen?

 

 

You have to keep in mind that West has only thrown 23+ innings this season, all since June 1 - four "real" (5+ innings each) starts and a 1.2 inning appearance when he first came back. Arm strength and conditioning-wise I would guess he's way behind the guys with 6--70-80 innings already under their belts. For me, what compounds that is we're coming into our "summer" months that can take a tool on a lot of pitchers so I would imagine he makes at least three or four more starts (at least 2-3 weeks +/-) in NOLA before heading in our direction, but they could call him up tomorrow, none of us really knows.

West just gave up 10 runs (7 earned and two homeruns) in 3.1 innings so yeah, I don't think he's quite ready for a call up to the bigs. :brigginbounce

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.