6/24 Post Game

canada-marlin24

Well we blew a golden opportunity to gain ground for the third straight day and if I see another start like that from robertson I would not mind him being out of the rotation.

secondly, strickland, houser, and wood need to go and they need to go like right now.

fail to get to .500 and just not a good way to end the series......so much for our huge 3 game win streak.

Also, we have two starters with ERA's nearing 5......i think the rotation barring JJ, Anibal and Volstad is very shakey.

Our bullpen situation is deplorable and I think if Beinfest fails to straighten it out by years end, he too might be gone.

Loria fires Beinfest, and it'd be the dumbest move he'll ever make.

I just don't get the love for Beinfest, he's the architect of the mess we see every night.

Our bullpen situation is deplorable and I think if Beinfest fails to straighten it out by years end, he too might be gone.

Loria fires Beinfest, and it'd be the dumbest move he'll ever make.

I just don't get the love for Beinfest, he's the architect of the mess we see every night.

He's consistently put a respectable team together on the field, despite a sh*t payroll over the years. He's one of the better GM's in baseball. He does not deserve to be fired. It's not Beinfest fault that he doesn't have the resources other "great" GM's do. Funny watching Julio Lugo tonight, and hearing the fact that the Red Sox are still paying him 9 million dollars this year. Yet, that crucial mistake of a signing doesn't cost a team like the Red Sox because they just buy some more players to replace their mistakes like it's all good. No GM is perfect, and Beinfest has constantly been put in a situation where he has to be near perfect, at all times. Consider yourself lucky that Beinfest is your GM because with this payroll, we shouldn't even be close to contention. We should be more like the Orioles, if anything; yet, we're not.

Hey all, so how do you all feel the new manager did tonight?

He was managing his pants off out there.

Too bad Freddi couldnt have taken the bullpen with him...and Robertson...haha

No worries, these guys will become good eventually one day. Maybe 3 or 4 managers from now they will pitch a scoreless inning...haha

We have a very good group of players, we are really close to being really good.we have been really close to being really good for 3 years now, we will get there, no need to panic or make any moves to try and improve anymore than we already are.

Hey all, so how do you all feel the new manager did tonight?

He was managing his pants off out there.

Too bad Freddi couldnt have taken the bullpen with him...and Robertson...haha

No worries, these guys will become good eventually one day. Maybe 3 or 4 managers from now they will pitch a scoreless inning...haha

We have a very good group of players, we are really close to being really good.we have been really close to being really good for 3 years now, we will get there, no need to panic or make any moves to try and improve anymore than we already are.

wont be good until wood, strickland, houser, bonifacio, and barden (regardless of his defense) are gone.

:bangheadJust got back from the game. What a freaking waste of $$... Robertson is HORRIBLE! Sanabia (sp?) was pretty good threw strikes I say give him a start. Robertson to the bully in long relief. Houser blows. Strickland blows. We all know Wood blows. How come our lefties stink! They can't get lefties or anybody out. On my drive home I heard Bobby V is a done deal for the weekend. Finally, the Adam Jones bobblehead the O's gave out is as bad as their team and our bully, it came out of the box broken! Our batters strike out way too much! For goodness sakes be patient at the plate!

Hanley, Uggla and Ross all hacked away at and badly missed the same nasty stuff, low and away sliders. The guy only threw two pitches, fast ball inside or slider low and away to everyone, including Cantu (reached on an error.)

After all these years, it appears that guessing, not pitch identification is their strong suit.

After reading Pressley's whining and sour grapes, it's clear he has a lot to apologize for and has no intention of doing so.

Team strike-outs and NL rank since we hired Pressley in December 2005:

2006 1249 1 (understandable, they were raw)

2007 1332 1 (oops, should have gone down significantly)

2008 1371 1 (should have been fired, this is ridiculous)

2009 1226 4 (saved a job he should have lost a year ago)

2010 567 2

567 equates to a full-season rate of 1294. They're regressing toward their worst totals ever.

Absolutely pitiful. At least he won't be around to screw Stanton up.

Hanley, Uggla and Ross all hacked away at and badly missed the same nasty stuff, low and away sliders. The guy only threw two pitches, fast ball inside or slider low and away to everyone, including Cantu (reached on an error.)

After all these years, it appears that guessing, not pitch identification is their strong suit.

After reading Pressley's whining and sour grapes, it's clear he has a lot to apologize for and has no intention of doing so.

Team strike-outs and NL rank since we hired Pressley in December 2005:

2006 1249 1 (understandable, they were raw)

2007 1332 1 (oops, should have gone down significantly)

2008 1371 1 (should have been fired, this is ridiculous)

2009 1226 4

2010 567 2

Pitiful. At least he won't be around to screw Stanton up.

I'll be damned. Somebody else finally figured it out.

They are 5th in the NL in runs scored and in the top 10 in all of baseball.

Since 2007 they have only been outside the top 5 in runs scored in the NL 1 time and that was in 07...they were 6th.

I agree though...its OBVIOUSLY the hitting coaches fault.

Keep the insightful observations coming Big Boband Hammy

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.