Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

6/27 Post Game

Featured Replies

I mean when they do give up on the season... I'd like to see West come up and get Robertson's spot in the rotation too. Sure, he had a bad outing in Triple H in his last appearance, but I liked what I saw from him last season. I'd like to see him get some starts when they finally decide to give up.

 

I know just because Logan Morrison is tearing up minor league pitching doesn't mean he's going to do the same in the majors. I'm not saying he's our savior to saving the season, I'm talking about writing off the season and that I'd like to see him to get some experience in the second half of this season. I don't know what their plans are with Ross and Uggla, but I think Cantu should be traded before the end of July. I won't even begin to comment upon what we should get for him as I have no clue. I just know that I like what Logan Morrison projects to be, a left handed bat with a little power who makes good contact, hits for average and walks as much as he strikeouts. Sure, he's had some injury troubles, but if he's healthy... lets move forward and get him some playing time.

 

Morrison in LF, West in the rotation, RVH in the bullpen as a 1-2 7th inning specialist (he's had some bad outings in the minors lately)... just some inhouse moves for the future to see if we can find any gems in the rough that is the 2010 Marlins.

 

 

Time to play The Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaame!

 

Schnellders:

 

A fellow Scotsman was on the jumbotron (during his first MLB game no less) and won a prize for correctly guessing that the DH was first implemented in 1974. Thought you'd like to know.

Just call up Morrison, West, and Maybin and let them play. Trade Uggla, Cantu, and Ross. We'd have no one to play 2nd or 3rd, but whatever. Just let Bonifacio play. This season is a wash anyway.

 

 

Really with 90 games left in the season it's all over?

There's been way bigger turnarounds then this, I think 2003 was one of them.

 

Don't know how many games the 03 edition was out of the WC, so you may be right.

 

Here's the thing: what really distinguishes this team from pretty much any other Marlins team (save for possibly the 05 team) is that the other teams were inexperienced but played with heart and grit. They made the best of their limited opportunities and got timely hits and walks. This team has NO HEART. Start with Hanley, the leader of this team. He got his $$$$ and could now care less. Yes, he still has very good numbers for a ss, but his hrs and rbis always appear to be in non close-and-late situations. Then you have "first-swing" Paulino who, yes, is hitting over 300, but displaying little patience when it matters (as he did today swinging at the first pitch he saw and failing to advance a runner in a critical situation). Uggla: wtf, a power hitter can't loft a single freaking ball into the outfield to score the go-ahead run in the 7th inning?

 

The team's lack of clutchness is what really condemns them imho.

We have 87 games to go. Although the core of this team have been together since 2006, we lack some outside experienced members. For example, in 2003 we had Pudge, Niner, Castillo, and Lowell among others. And they had some homegrowns such as DTrain and Miggy.

 

I agree this team is playing flat; at least one doesn't appear to care (maybe because he is making the most, a primadona, and the owner's pet) but others have heart. I think we can do better if someone can make them play as a team and do the small things. For whatever reason we can't do more than 2 hits in a row . Some one needs to them back to the basics.

 

Maybe it is too late this year, but if we are in contention until September, I'll take it after the start this year. Maybe the hope is to build for next year.

If the Marlins play at this pace until the break, I wouldn't have a problem with sending Stanton down to AAA, recalling Maybin, and playing Maybin every day.

 

Stanton might need the AAA work and Maybin needs more ML ABs so the Marlins can have a better sense on what their CF option will be for 2011.

I mean when they do give up on the season... I'd like to see West come up and get Robertson's spot in the rotation too. Sure, he had a bad outing in Triple H in his last appearance, but I liked what I saw from him last season. I'd like to see him get some starts when they finally decide to give up.

 

I know just because Logan Morrison is tearing up minor league pitching doesn't mean he's going to do the same in the majors. I'm not saying he's our savior to saving the season, I'm talking about writing off the season and that I'd like to see him to get some experience in the second half of this season. I don't know what their plans are with Ross and Uggla, but I think Cantu should be traded before the end of July. I won't even begin to comment upon what we should get for him as I have no clue. I just know that I like what Logan Morrison projects to be, a left handed bat with a little power who makes good contact, hits for average and walks as much as he strikeouts. Sure, he's had some injury troubles, but if he's healthy... lets move forward and get him some playing time.

 

Morrison in LF, West in the rotation, RVH in the bullpen as a 1-2 7th inning specialist (he's had some bad outings in the minors lately)... just some inhouse moves for the future to see if we can find any gems in the rough that is the 2010 Marlins.

 

 

Time to play The Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaame!

 

Schnellders:

 

A fellow Scotsman was on the jumbotron (during his first MLB game no less) and won a prize for correctly guessing that the DH was first implemented in 1974. Thought you'd like to know.

 

Impressive, I would not have an idea when the DH was brought into play. However I'm saddened that my uniqueness as a Scottish Marlins fan seems to have been lost :confused

 

ArtisiticHate - you better make sure you don't make the mistake again as I will keep picking up on it :thumbup

 

And one final thing - some credit for Bonifacio yesterday? 2 hits and an important (at the time) RBI single

If the Marlins play at this pace until the break, I wouldn't have a problem with sending Stanton down to AAA, recalling Maybin, and playing Maybin every day.

 

Stanton might need the AAA work and Maybin needs more ML ABs so the Marlins can have a better sense on what their CF option will be for 2011.

 

 

This. Right now, Stanton is no better than Maybin. And even if he gets hot, he won't lift this team up by himself. So whats the point?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.