Gonna Spend More?

All I keep hearing is that the Marlins want to go into the stadium as champions. Does that mean they plan on doing something big or what? And I dont think we see much of that happening.

Otherwise I dont get all the talk though I do hope we do indeed win the championship.

I dont think being 2011 World Champions is the only goal... the goal is to make us "serious" contenders in 2011 with a hopeful playoff spot so that when we start 2012 we have a realistic chance of contending every year.

And I dont get how you dont see the front office already making relatively big moves. We've signed two free agents, got rid of our duds in Maybin and Miller, completely restocked our bullpen with major league ready talent, solidified our managerial question mark, brought back one of baseball's best defensive coaches, and traded a money-hungry Uggla at the first chance just so we can move on and focus on shaping our team into consistent winners. Its not like the FO has been sitting on their behinds this winter. You really can't tell how active they've been?

All I keep hearing is that the Marlins want to go into the stadium as champions. Does that mean they plan on doing something big or what? And I dont think we see much of that happening.

Otherwise I dont get all the talk though I do hope we do indeed win the championship.

I dont think being 2011 World Champions is the only goal... the goal is to make us "serious" contenders in 2011 with a hopeful playoff spot so that when we start 2012 we have a realistic chance of contending every year.

And I dont get how you dont see the front office already making relatively big moves. We've signed two free agents, got rid of our duds in Maybin and Miller, completely restocked our bullpen with major league ready talent, solidified our managerial question mark, brought back one of baseball's best defensive coaches, and traded a money-hungry Uggla at the first chance just so we can move on and focus on shaping our team into consistent winners. Its not like the FO has been sitting on their behinds this winter. You really can't tell how active they've been?

i didnt say that we havent been active. what im saying is that if they want to be such big contenders, i havent seen that move that puts us over the top yet.

contend, sure. but we have always been contending and come up short. i hope that changes.