Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marlins announce first 2 Super Saturday Concerts

Featured Replies

Who cares about any of this? If Super Saturdays are marketed towards Hispanics once in a while, it probably helps attendance anyways.

 

I remember when people went to baseball games to see baseball, not concerts or cheerleaders dancing on dugouts. Those were the days.

I've boycotted Super Saturday's because of their unwillingness to include diversity to the performers. I'm not going to go listen to Pitbull address the crowd entirely in spanish again.

 

The last Super Saturday was Steve Miller Band...

 

I assure you he did not address us in Spanish.

Lets get real, try to give me a ballpark percentage of how many Super Saturday performances market exclusively to Hispanics.

I don't have to guess.

 

The Marlins had 6 non-Hispanic artists last year; Nelly, Michael Jackson Tribute, OAR, Diddy, Cirque Dreams, and Steve Miller Band. I disagree with Pitbull being exclusively aimed at Hispanics, but whatever, I'll throw him in the other pile for you.

 

That's 7 to 6 (there were 13 Super Saturdays), about 54% exclusively to Hispanics.

 

 

So, what now?

Why don't you expand further than just last year's shows. What about in 09,,,

 

April 11: Pitbull, DJ Laz and Flo Rida

April 25: Albita

May 16: Freestyle Flashback with Stevie B and TKA

May 23: Oscar D'Leon

June 6: Phil Vassar

June 20: Tito Nieves

July 4: KC & The Sunshine Band

July 18: Hansel y Raul Reunion

Aug. 1: The Village People

Aug. 15: Steven Curtis Chapman

Aug. 29: Johnny Ventura

Sept. 12: Willy Chirino

Who cares about any of this? If Super Saturdays are marketed towards Hispanics once in a while, it probably helps attendance anyways.

 

I understand why they do it. I just will not attend.

I've boycotted Super Saturday's because of their unwillingness to include diversity to the performers. I'm not going to go listen to Pitbull address the crowd entirely in spanish again.

 

The last Super Saturday was Steve Miller Band...

 

I assure you he did not address us in Spanish.

Lets get real, try to give me a ballpark percentage of how many Super Saturday performances market exclusively to Hispanics.

I don't have to guess.

 

The Marlins had 6 non-Hispanic artists last year; Nelly, Michael Jackson Tribute, OAR, Diddy, Cirque Dreams, and Steve Miller Band. I disagree with Pitbull being exclusively aimed at Hispanics, but whatever, I'll throw him in the other pile for you.

 

That's 7 to 6 (there were 13 Super Saturdays), about 54% exclusively to Hispanics.

 

 

So, what now?

Why don't you expand further than just last year's shows. What about in 09,,,

 

April 11: Pitbull, DJ Laz and Flo Rida

April 25: Albita

May 16: Freestyle Flashback with Stevie B and TKA

May 23: Oscar D'Leon

June 6: Phil Vassar

June 20: Tito Nieves

July 4: KC & The Sunshine Band

July 18: Hansel y Raul Reunion

Aug. 1: The Village People

Aug. 15: Steven Curtis Chapman

Aug. 29: Johnny Ventura

Sept. 12: Willy Chirino

1) Freestyle Flashback isn't Hispanic.

2) That's 7 to 5, 58%.

"Stevie B (Steven Bernard Hill) is an American singer, songwriter, and record producer who was influential in the Latin freestyle and High-Energy, mostly from Miami dance music scene of the late 1980s. "

 

Not sound like its marketing to hispanics?

I saw Stevie B, I didn't even know Freestyle Flashback was a performer

 

It's not. I meant that Stevie B's black.

"Stevie B (Steven Bernard Hill) is an American singer, songwriter, and record producer who was influential in the Latin freestyle and High-Energy, mostly from Miami dance music scene of the late 1980s. "

 

Not sound like its marketing to hispanics?

 

You said exclusively (and I still argue you're wrong about Pitbull being exclusively for hispanics).

"Stevie B (Steven Bernard Hill) is an American singer, songwriter, and record producer who was influential in the Latin freestyle and High-Energy, mostly from Miami dance music scene of the late 1980s. "

 

Not sound like its marketing to hispanics?

 

You said exclusively (and I still argue you're wrong about Pitbull being exclusively for hispanics).

I would agree, until he didn't speak a word of English addressing the crowd after the game.

It's not entirely because 60% of the performers are Hispanic, its that almost all are EXCLUSIVELY Hispanic. I said before I don't have a problem with Hispanic performers in general.

It's not entirely because 60% of the performers are Hispanic, its that almost all are EXCLUSIVELY Hispanic. I said before I don't have a problem with Hispanic performers in general.

 

Almost all of the Hispanics are exclusively Hispanic?

 

They're marketing 56% of their concerts to 47% of the population. 56% vs 44% is not a huge margin, especially in when 2 of those 25 going to the other side would make them the minority.

It's not entirely because 60% of the performers are Hispanic, its that almost all are EXCLUSIVELY Hispanic. I said before I don't have a problem with Hispanic performers in general.

 

Almost all of the Hispanics are exclusively Hispanic?

 

They're marketing 56% of their concerts to 47% of the population. 56% vs 44% is not a huge margin, especially in when 2 of those 25 going to the other side would make them the minority.

But why include music that markets SOLELY to one group? Everyone can like Sunny and the Sunshine band. Hansel y Raul? do they speak any English at all?

 

The point I was making by exclusively was not the number of performers that are Hispanic, but the number of performers that non hispanics havn't heard of or can't relate to AT ALL.

 

EDIT

It's not entirely because 60% of the performers are Hispanic, its that almost all are EXCLUSIVELY Hispanic. I said before I don't have a problem with Hispanic performers in general.

 

Almost all of the Hispanics are exclusively Hispanic?

 

They're marketing 56% of their concerts to 47% of the population. 56% vs 44% is not a huge margin, especially in when 2 of those 25 going to the other side would make them the minority.

But why include music that markets SOLELY to one group? Everyone can like Sunny and the Sunshine band. Hansel y Raul? do they speak any English at all?

 

The point I was making by exclusively was not the number of performers that are Hispanic, but the number of performers that non hispanics havn't heard of or can't relate to AT ALL.

 

EDIT

I don't know how true that is, especially considering that the bands that aren't Hispanic don't draw nearly as well as the ones who are.

It's not entirely because 60% of the performers are Hispanic, its that almost all are EXCLUSIVELY Hispanic. I said before I don't have a problem with Hispanic performers in general.

 

Almost all of the Hispanics are exclusively Hispanic?

 

They're marketing 56% of their concerts to 47% of the population. 56% vs 44% is not a huge margin, especially in when 2 of those 25 going to the other side would make them the minority.

But why include music that markets SOLELY to one group? Everyone can like Sunny and the Sunshine band. Hansel y Raul? do they speak any English at all?

 

The point I was making by exclusively was not the number of performers that are Hispanic, but the number of performers that non hispanics havn't heard of or can't relate to AT ALL.

 

EDIT

I don't know how true that is, especially considering that the bands that aren't Hispanic don't draw nearly as well as the ones who are.

 

For Example Nelly. Whites, Blacks, Hispanics, every can enjoy him. How many groups can like Willie Chirino? They should make a it a priority for EVERYONE to be able to enjoy or relate to the show.

This is just another one of those typical Miami fan arguments/excuses. I'm not going to the game because there are to many Hispanic artists,or I don't like the artist? Last time I checked we where hear to see a ballgame. Watch the game, stay for the fireworks (which are amazing in themselves ) and then beat the traffic. Stop crying and be a fan.

Who cares about any of this? If Super Saturdays are marketed towards Hispanics once in a while, it probably helps attendance anyways.

 

I understand why they do it. I just will not attend.

So go to see the baseball game which is the point of going to a baseball game and leave when the concert starts. Problem solved.

Is it possible that most of the acts are Hispanic because they're about the only ones that will do Super Saturday gigs?

Who cares about any of this? If Super Saturdays are marketed towards Hispanics once in a while, it probably helps attendance anyways.

 

I understand why they do it. I just will not attend.

So go to see the baseball game which is the point of going to a baseball game and leave when the concert starts. Problem solved.

Bingo, or stay to hear some music for the music. One thing about rap, you can do the song if you know the words, singing talent is unnecessary. Not so with other genres-or sing quietly so no one has to hear.

This is just another one of those typical Miami fan arguments/excuses. I'm not going to the game because there are to many Hispanic artists,or I don't like the artist? Last time I checked we where hear to see a ballgame. Watch the game, stay for the fireworks (which are amazing in themselves ) and then beat the traffic. Stop crying and be a fan.

 

Sorry. I'm not going to pay more money than a Saturday ticket has been fore years so they can have a band that appeals only to Hispanics. Kiss my a** I'll watch on TV and go to the Friday-Sunday game.

Who cares about any of this? If Super Saturdays are marketed towards Hispanics once in a while, it probably helps attendance anyways.

 

I understand why they do it. I just will not attend.

So go to see the baseball game which is the point of going to a baseball game and leave when the concert starts. Problem solved.

I would love for the price to stay the same as the other games. I don't need any of the garbage acts they feature to get me to go to the baseball game. I don't think it's right for them to charge more for the games on the most popular day to go anyway, and then most of the time play a performances they do that don't appeal to me. I hope they do away with Super Saturday all together an maybe just do fireworks. Most of the acts they have are an embarrassment to the franchise anyway.

Who cares about any of this? If Super Saturdays are marketed towards Hispanics once in a while, it probably helps attendance anyways.

 

I understand why they do it. I just will not attend.

So go to see the baseball game which is the point of going to a baseball game and leave when the concert starts. Problem solved.

I would love for the price to stay the same as the other games. I don't need any of the garbage acts they feature to get me to go to the baseball game. I don't think it's right for them to charge more for the games on the most popular day to go anyway, and then most of the time play a performances they do that don't appeal to me. I hope they do away with Super Saturday all together an maybe just do fireworks. Most of the acts they have are an embarrassment to the franchise anyway.

Super Saturday doesn't make the games cost more, being on Saturday does. Every single team charges more on Saturday.

 

I really don't think any of arguments are valid.

Who cares about any of this? If Super Saturdays are marketed towards Hispanics once in a while, it probably helps attendance anyways.

 

I understand why they do it. I just will not attend.

So go to see the baseball game which is the point of going to a baseball game and leave when the concert starts. Problem solved.

I would love for the price to stay the same as the other games. I don't need any of the garbage acts they feature to get me to go to the baseball game. I don't think it's right for them to charge more for the games on the most popular day to go anyway, and then most of the time play a performances they do that don't appeal to me. I hope they do away with Super Saturday all together an maybe just do fireworks. Most of the acts they have are an embarrassment to the franchise anyway.

The concerts have nothing to do with the ticket price.

Who cares about any of this? If Super Saturdays are marketed towards Hispanics once in a while, it probably helps attendance anyways.

 

I understand why they do it. I just will not attend.

So go to see the baseball game which is the point of going to a baseball game and leave when the concert starts. Problem solved.

I would love for the price to stay the same as the other games. I don't need any of the garbage acts they feature to get me to go to the baseball game. I don't think it's right for them to charge more for the games on the most popular day to go anyway, and then most of the time play a performances they do that don't appeal to me. I hope they do away with Super Saturday all together an maybe just do fireworks. Most of the acts they have are an embarrassment to the franchise anyway.

Super Saturday doesn't make the games cost more, being on Saturday does. Every single team charges more on Saturday.

 

I really don't think any of arguments are valid.

The Marlins never had select or premium game prices on Saturdays because their attendance was so bad as it was. The Saturday ticket prices went up with the emergence of Super Saturday. If you can convince me the tickets didn't go up due to Super Saturday then I'm fine with watching baseball and going home.

 

And so your invalidating the statement that a Super Saturday show should appeal to everyone?

Let me guess you are hispanic?

The Marlins never had select or premium game prices on Saturdays because their attendance was so bad as it was. The Saturday ticket prices went up with the emergence of Super Saturday. If you can convince me the tickets didn't go up due to Super Saturday then I'm fine with watching baseball and going home.

 

And so your invalidating the statement that a Super Saturday show should appeal to everyone?

Let me guess you are hispanic?

 

 

As we can tell just by this thread, they are never going to be able to appeal to everyone on Super Saturdays. Everyone has there own tastes. Come for the baseball. And if it makes you feel better, they are charging you more for fireworks, not for pitbull. :rolleyes:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.