March 11, 201115 yr How many albums you sell last year? How many home runs did you have last year? How many saves did you log? I assume you feel that you're not allowed to criticize athletes, then. Well here's the thing. I hate El Gran Combo and I hate Pitbull. I'd rather stay for Pitbull even though I'd really really really not want to stay for either. I know Pitbull's material and I know little of El Gran Combo's material. I hate EGC's music type even more. There's no doubt Pitbull's style of music is crap. As with many artists in his genre. They rely on catchy beats, they dont actually make the music themselves, and they're weak meanings full of crap. And they sound annoying. Thing is, IMO, EGC might have more of a respect but they sound equally bad in my opinion. That being said, I echo the statement that I don't blame the Marlins for getting artists that will sell. It's just a sad side effect of today's music. Well, I mean, El Gran Combo is a near-50-year-old Salsa Orchestra. That's not exactly comparable to Pitbull or "today's music".
March 11, 201115 yr what you didn't notice all the great rock/pop music festivals that we have down here? oh wait... actually unless it's a huge tour it seems like a bonus when a band even comes to florida at all. I wind up making trips to Atlanta or further north. God what I wouldn't give for something like Coachella or South by Southwest in Florida. Langerado is coming back. Also, I'd rather listen to an eternity of Pitbull than 5 seconds of Train. I'm glad I'm not a Rays fan.
March 11, 201115 yr How many albums you sell last year? How many home runs did you have last year? How many saves did you log? I assume you feel that you're not allowed to criticize athletes, then. Well here's the thing. I hate El Gran Combo and I hate Pitbull. I'd rather stay for Pitbull even though I'd really really really not want to stay for either. I know Pitbull's material and I know little of El Gran Combo's material. I hate EGC's music type even more. There's no doubt Pitbull's style of music is crap. As with many artists in his genre. They rely on catchy beats, they dont actually make the music themselves, and they're weak meanings full of crap. And they sound annoying. Thing is, IMO, EGC might have more of a respect but they sound equally bad in my opinion. That being said, I echo the statement that I don't blame the Marlins for getting artists that will sell. It's just a sad side effect of today's music. Well, I mean, El Gran Combo is a near-50-year-old Salsa Orchestra. That's not exactly comparable to Pitbull or "today's music". I was talking about Pitbull.
March 11, 201115 yr what you didn't notice all the great rock/pop music festivals that we have down here? oh wait... actually unless it's a huge tour it seems like a bonus when a band even comes to florida at all. I wind up making trips to Atlanta or further north. God what I wouldn't give for something like Coachella or South by Southwest in Florida. Langerado is coming back. Also, I'd rather listen to an eternity of Pitbull than 5 seconds of Train. I'm glad I'm not a Rays fan. I'd rather listen to an eternity of Train than 5 seconds of most post-80's rap.
March 11, 201115 yr what you didn't notice all the great rock/pop music festivals that we have down here? oh wait... actually unless it's a huge tour it seems like a bonus when a band even comes to florida at all. I wind up making trips to Atlanta or further north. God what I wouldn't give for something like Coachella or South by Southwest in Florida. Langerado is coming back. Also, I'd rather listen to an eternity of Pitbull than 5 seconds of Train. I'm glad I'm not a Rays fan. I'd rather listen to an eternity of Train than 5 seconds of most post-80's rap. It's a discussion for another thread, but "most post 80's rap" is a pretty vague discriptor that covers an insanely vast array of music. How much have you listened to? There's a lot of ground between, say, Atmosphere and Birdman, or The Streets and Eminem. You're writing off a pretty wide group,
March 11, 201115 yr Yeah well I'd rather be a Marlins fan anyways. Everything about the Rays sucks. You know you want to be a member of the "Rays Republic."
March 11, 201115 yr Also, I'd rather listen to an eternity of Pitbull than 5 seconds of Train. I'm glad I'm not a Rays fan. Actually, the Train concert last year at the Trop was quite enjoyable. We went bc "Soul Sister" is my 6 year old's favorite song. It was family friendly (something Pitbull or OAR can't say) and I was actually surprised how many of their songs I knew. I'd also like to point out the Trop was sold out for that game, soemthing the Marlins can't say they've done for any of their Saturday concerts even w/ the popularity of the Latin Groups they bring in. Not a Rays fan at all, but they at least understand they need to bring in a more diverse fanbase to the games than target a specific socio-economic profile to be successful.
March 11, 201115 yr Also, I'd rather listen to an eternity of Pitbull than 5 seconds of Train. I'm glad I'm not a Rays fan. Actually, the Train concert last year at the Trop was quite enjoyable. We went bc "Soul Sister" is my 6 year old's favorite song. It was family friendly (something Pitbull or OAR can't say) and I was actually surprised how many of their songs I knew. I'd also like to point out the Trop was sold out for that game, soemthing the Marlins can't say they've done for any of their Saturday concerts even w/ the popularity of the Latin Groups they bring in. Not a Rays fan at all, but they at least understand they need to bring in a more diverse fanbase to the games than target a specific socio-economic profile to be successful. Pitbull has sold out the stadium, as has El Gran Combo. Both of them brought in more people than The Trop holds. Unless you mean 65,000+ as selling out. Not to mention that Train would probably never sell out here. Also, it's worth mentioning that (at least a couple years ago) the acoustics in The Trop SUCK. I'm not sure that I'd want to ever watch a post-game concert there (again), even if I am jealous that they got the B-52's a couple years back.
March 11, 201115 yr Yeah well I'd rather be a Marlins fan anyways. Everything about the Rays sucks. You know you want to be a member of the "Rays Republic." Oh you bet, and I cant wait to watch them lay down their turf either!
March 11, 201115 yr How many albums you sell last year? How many home runs did you have last year? How many saves did you log? I assume you feel that you're not allowed to criticize athletes, then. Nah, only Nu-Metal.
March 11, 201115 yr I saw Pat Benatar at the Trop and it was great! (Weren't you there, Rab?) I wish the Marlins can bring her here.
March 11, 201115 yr I saw Pat Benatar at the Trop and it was great! (Weren't you there, Rab?) I wish the Marlins can bring her here. I was there but thought it sounded like sh*t.
March 12, 201115 yr Train is probably the worst band in the world. /snob Maybe, but at least they're someone who you can hear on almost any major FM station in the country. That's more than you can say for anyone the Marlins have ever booked. Don't hold your breath waiting to hear Train on an FM station in South Florida, you'll die.
March 12, 201115 yr I've boycotted Super Saturday's because of their unwillingness to include diversity to the performers. I'm not going to go listen to Pitbull address the crowd entirely in spanish again.
March 12, 201115 yr I've boycotted Super Saturday's because of their unwillingness to include diversity to the performers. I'm not going to go listen to Pitbull address the crowd entirely in spanish again. The last Super Saturday was Steve Miller Band... I assure you he did not address us in Spanish.
March 12, 201115 yr How many albums you sell last year? How many home runs did you have last year? How many saves did you log? I assume you feel that you're not allowed to criticize athletes, then. Well here's the thing. I hate El Gran Combo and I hate Pitbull. I'd rather stay for Pitbull even though I'd really really really not want to stay for either. I know Pitbull's material and I know little of El Gran Combo's material. I hate EGC's music type even more. There's no doubt Pitbull's style of music is crap. As with many artists in his genre. They rely on catchy beats, they dont actually make the music themselves, and they're weak meanings full of crap. And they sound annoying. Thing is, IMO, EGC might have more of a respect but they sound equally bad in my opinion. That being said, I echo the statement that I don't blame the Marlins for getting artists that will sell. It's just a sad side effect of today's music. Well, I mean, El Gran Combo is a near-50-year-old Salsa Orchestra. That's not exactly comparable to Pitbull or "today's music". I hate when people try to make a discussion about music objective by talking album sales. There are hoards of crap artist that bank. Just look at boy bands and Biebers.
March 12, 201115 yr I've boycotted Super Saturday's because of their unwillingness to include diversity to the performers. I'm not going to go listen to Pitbull address the crowd entirely in spanish again. The last Super Saturday was Steve Miller Band... I assure you he did not address us in Spanish. Lets get real, try to give me a ballpark percentage of how many Super Saturday performances market exclusively to Hispanics.
March 12, 201115 yr You said they were 'unwilling.' Correction: The vast majority of shows exclude non-Hispanics. I'm not going to pay extra to see Hansel y Raul. You can have latin performers that still interest all groups. J-Lo. Marc Anthony, Gloria Estevan, Santana, Iglesias, are Hispanics who all non-hispanic Americans can relate to. Hansel y Raul is a slap in the face to everyone else. EDIT
March 12, 201115 yr I've boycotted Super Saturday's because of their unwillingness to include diversity to the performers. I'm not going to go listen to Pitbull address the crowd entirely in spanish again. The last Super Saturday was Steve Miller Band... I assure you he did not address us in Spanish. Lets get real, try to give me a ballpark percentage of how many Super Saturday performances market exclusively to Hispanics. I don't have to guess. The Marlins had 6 non-Hispanic artists last year; Nelly, Michael Jackson Tribute, OAR, Diddy, Cirque Dreams, and Steve Miller Band. I disagree with Pitbull being exclusively aimed at Hispanics, but whatever, I'll throw him in the other pile for you. That's 7 to 6 (there were 13 Super Saturdays), about 54% exclusively to Hispanics. So, what now?
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.