Miami Mayoral Election

Tentatively scheduled for May 24th

The candidates as it stands right now are Hialeah Mayor, Julio Robaina, county commissioner, Carlos Gimenez, former state legislator, Marcelo Llorente, transit chief, Roosevelt Bradley..and of course the infamous member of 2 Live Crew - Luther "Uncle Luke" Campbell.

There are also rumblings of Alex Penelas and/or Raul Martinez entering the race.

Has anyone else been following this? What are your thoughts?

I'm attending a debate tonight with Robaina, Gimenez, and Luther Campbell - although admittedly the majority of my interest lies in hearing about Uncle Luke's proposed "stripper tax". :hat

Tentatively scheduled for May 24th

The candidates as it stands right now are Hialeah Mayor, Julio Robaina, county commissioner, Carlos Gimenez, former state legislator, Marcelo Llorente, transit chief, Roosevelt Bradley..and of course the infamous member of 2 Live Crew - Luther "Uncle Luke" Campbell.

There are also rumblings of Alex Penelas and/or Raul Martinez entering the race.

Has anyone else been following this? What are your thoughts?

I'm attending a debate tonight with Robaina, Gimenez, and Luther Campbell - although admittedly the majority of my interest lies in hearing about Uncle Luke's proposed "stripper tax". :hat

My thoughts are what did Norman Braman think would change. The voters would vote out the people if they did not want them and taking a shortcut will accomplish nothing much. Of course, there was the overiding anger by Braman over the stadium issue. To that I say, FU Norman, it is there and you never got the stadium you wanted in Philly. Oh, Norman my lease is up in June-do you have any good lease deals coming up?

I don't live under the purview of the City of Miami, so I can't vote.

That said, if I could, I wouldn't vote for a single one of them. Those guys suck.

You can vote if you live in Miami-Dade. It's an election for county mayor. I'll be for the guy that puts citizens' interest ahead of that of county employees. In other words, I wont be for any of them.

I don't live under the purview of the City of Miami, so I can't vote.

That said, if I could, I wouldn't vote for a single one of them. Those guys suck.

You can vote if you live in Miami-Dade. It's an election for county mayor. I'll be for the guy that puts citizens' interest ahead of that of county employees. In other words, I wont be for any of them.

Ah, I thought... you know, what I thought doesn't make any sense in context.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know where I can find where these guys stand/stood on the Marlins stadium issue?

Well, I am sorry some people sacrificed their politcal careers for the stadium issue, and of course, Braman would never have pushed the recall for Dade County Mayor because that is the only issue that really bothers him. But, we have the stadium and I would bet that the Miami mayoral candidates are just as happy with it. They can say they were against it for the popular vote but have their phony butts right there on opening day, smiling for the photo ops and promoting the stadium and the city nationwide. Best of both worlds for these jerks.

Does anyone know where I can find where these guys stand/stood on the Marlins stadium issue?

Gimenez voted against it, Robaina appeared before the County Commission to speak for it (but now pretends he didn't because that's politics), Luke says he was against it (though that's probably because they tore down his beloved Orange Bowl).

Really though, this is just a terrible group of candidates.