Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2011 Home Run Derby Thread

Featured Replies

they kept an AL v NL scoreboard at the stadium ... this thing got pretty lopsided .... fielders picks were awful ... although I don't disagree that kemp deserved to be there, he just didn't perform (like bautista) .... 3 of the AL players hit more home runs individually than the NL hitters did cumulatively

 

not sure if it came through the broadcast well or not, but there was a "we want upton" chant through most of weeks time up there .... he was brutal though

 

I don't think prince understood that this is a show for the fans - many of whom are paying really good cash to be there ..... he made bad picks and heard about it

 

Overall a fun events - it's just as long in person as it is on TV .... although the added bonus was very little berman (was nervous when he did the introduction for the evening that the stadium would be hooked up to his mic ...... although daron sutton was pretty brutal, I didn't have to listen to a single "back, back, back")

 

Cano was crushing them and I'm glad he ended up taking it .... best show and won the thing ..... the final round had the stadium buzzing, although there were stretches where it was pretty quiet

 

For a minute I was second guessing my decision to bypass seats in the RF bleachers as they were showered all evening with balls, t-shirts, etc ......... however, our seats worked out great and my nephews had a blast - standing for 2-3 hours and getting knocked around in the bleachers wouldn't of been fun for them

If Big Mike would have been in the Derby im pretty sure the ball would still be coming down and would have won it too, but im glad he didnt get in, iv witness two hitters who went to the HMD and were never the same after...

They boo Fielder and Weekes but cheer Kemp?

 

 

Division?

Uh, yeah, that's my point. LA is in their division. Milwaukee isn't.

 

And I've been picking Bautista since the beginning of the year.

 

lol I would boo Ryan Howard sooo loud...

 

Prediction:2013 All Star Game will be at Marlins new ballpark.

 

Selig said good chance the Mets get it

Yeah - I think Miami & TB are the only 2 ML cities that haven't hosted it yet .... I could see NY getting it with 2 new stadiums there and maybe a morale bump to the mets ....... I would imagine that Miami would be fairly soon though, maybe a couple years to get all the kinks out of the stadium and organize how everything would work .... but Miami is definitely a place that has the ability to host big events .... definitely was nice to have it out here this year

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.