I wonder "if" the Reds would trade for Penny now?

First off I'm not starting any rumor or a negative post against Penny for dawg 31 and others.

I'm just wondering with Penny appearing to have turn the corner as a ML "pitcher" (fingers crossed). If the Reds (who have give-up something like 35 runs in the past three games to the Cubs) would trade for Penny and his medical report. Remember in the winter Brad probable would have been a Red if not for something (according to the Reds doctors) in Brad's arm. The name I believe that was out there was Dunn for Penny. right? I'm not sure totally.

Would you guys trade Penny now for a Dunn or Kearns?

I seriously doubt the Reds were offering Dunn for Penny. I'd take either Kearns or Dunn though. Hopefully Penny IS turning the corner though & we won't have to worry about it. You see how awful the Reds are starting out & it's completely due to lack of pitching.

I'm trying to remember what that whole deal involved.... Wasn't it a 3-way with Montreal? Marlins get Bartolo Colon for Penny & a bunch of stuff, then Penny to the Reds...?

Anyway, I think they'd probably rather have Penny right now over our old buddy Dempster after Ryan's last start.... ouch!

Penny is doing great this past 2 games for us. I hope he keeps up but he reds arent stupid enough to trade Dunn. Maybe they would trade Larson or kearns but not there best hitter (Dunn). I would gladly take Larson or Kearns to fill in a spot and maybe the Marlins would trade lowell or something. I hope this deal doesnt happen but it would be good if it did...

Interesting ramp, but I think they would change there tone "If" Penny continues his trend and become as dominant as AJ. He has the talent but just hasn't put it together. Remember its all about hype and once Penny gets the pub they'll come around. Let me restate I don't want to trade Penny.

I look at it like this Florida in the past has trade a young OF for a young pitcher. Kotsay for Clement. Last year Encarnacion for Dempster young pitcher for young OF. So any trade for Penny would have to be for a young OF or another young position player of need. That would leave Dunn and Kearns if the Reds want Penny.

If I were the Reds GM, would I trade Dunn or Kearns for Penny? Yes and no.. Yes because their pitching stinks 100% and they need help fast.. No because that's basicly their entire offense.. if Griffey would be healthly and playing I think they would take a shot at it... it's funny tho that they would think the Marlins would be stupid enough to trade Burnett or Beckett...

Interesting ramp, but I think they would change there tone "If" Penny continues his trend and become as dominant as AJ. He has the talent but just hasn't put it together. Remember its all about hype and once Penny gets the pub they'll come around. Let me restate I don't want to trade Penny.

I look at it like this Florida in the past has trade a young OF for a young pitcher. Kotsay for Clement. Last year Encarnacion for Dempster young pitcher for young OF. So any trade for Penny would have to be for a young OF or another young position player of need. That would leave Dunn and Kearns if the Reds want Penny.

Hi guys, just visiting from RedsZone, nice place you guys have here!

To be quite honest, if I was making the decisions for the Reds, I wouldn't trade Dunn or Kearns for Burnett even. If you've got a choice between a young great pitcher, and a young great hitter, you're usually better off taking the hitter. The injury rate for young pitching simply makes such a move prohibitive.

I think you guys are undervaluing Kearns as well. He's only 23, leading the Majors in home runs with 8 at the moment, and third in the NL in RBI's with 18. He's OPS'ing something like 1.081. Think of him as Lance Berkman in a Reds uniform.

Dunn is much more likely to be traded as he's really been struggling with everything but power for nearly a year now. I really don't see either getting moved though.

I really wish the Colon deal had gone through last summer for you guys! I definitely liked how the Marlins and Reds came out in that one.