Stadium Camera Policy

I'm going to go to the homestand this weekend and it'll be my first time in the new stadium and I'd like to take some picture. Do any of you know if they allow dSLRs and if there are any restrictions on lenses and stuff like that? I only ask because the team's website only lists Sun Life's policy, not the policy, if any, for the new stadium. Thanks.

Guest Guest

Digital cameras are permitted in Marlins Park. Digital cameras with extended length zoom lenses are not permitted. Mono/tripods, other professional camera equipment, movie cameras and other video or audio recording equipment are not permitted. Guests are not permitted to transmit and/or stream or aid in transmitting and/or streaming any account, description, picture, video, audio, reproduction or other information about any Marlins games or events.

From the Marlins' official site

Thanks Admin. For whatever reason I couldn't find it on the site, and when I ran a google search Google was convinced I meant Sun Life.

And FotF, I want to bring my 300mm zoom lens as well as a 50mm prime, so that is good info, thanks.

Penguino, I haven't been able to figure that out myself. The place I have been hassled the most down here has been at Dolphins training camp of all things. Not only are they iffy about cameras there, but they tell people not to twitter (I guess it is to protect stuff they are working on, but anyone could just send a scout. It is really just overkill). The Panthers have also changed their camera policy recently to make it much more stringent. I think part of it is that consumer cameras now can achieve professional like results and they want to protect the brand.

Digital cameras are permitted in Marlins Park. Digital cameras with extended length zoom lenses are not permitted. Mono/tripods, other professional camera equipment, movie cameras and other video or audio recording equipment are not permitted. Guests are not permitted to transmit and/or stream or aid in transmitting and/or streaming any account, description, picture, video, audio, reproduction or other information about any Marlins games or events.

From the Marlins' official site

Gotta wonder what their definition of a movie camera is. I took a video camera to Opening Night and had no problem.

I think they just don't want you to have good pictures to sell! LOL! I have a 70-300mm lens as well. Normally I just have that lens in my pocket and have the standard on my camera. For the opener, I took my camera backpack and inside had my lens but they never checked it. They checked all my other zippers but not that one.

Also, as far as the video cameras, they are banned. I had taken mine (not knowing it was banned) because I wanted to record my experience of opening day and the new ballpark. Thank God I got there with plenty of time before gates opened because at the gate I was at (Center field) was told I could not bring it in and would have to check it at the home plate entrance. I said OK, started walking to another gate, placed the video camera in my pocket, and walked in with no issues. These guys won't hassle you for anything you may have in your pockets (as long as they're not bulging out).

I think they just don't want you to have good pictures to sell! LOL! I have a 70-300mm lens as well. Normally I just have that lens in my pocket and have the standard on my camera. For the opener, I took my camera backpack and inside had my lens but they never checked it. They checked all my other zippers but not that one.

Also, as far as the video cameras, they are banned. I had taken mine (not knowing it was banned) because I wanted to record my experience of opening day and the new ballpark. Thank God I got there with plenty of time before gates opened because at the gate I was at (Center field) was told I could not bring it in and would have to check it at the home plate entrance. I said OK, started walking to another gate, placed the video camera in my pocket, and walked in with no issues. These guys won't hassle you for anything you may have in your pockets (as long as they're not bulging out).

We went in the Home Plate gate and had no problem with my video camera. Heck, I was even taping that drum line up on the ramps. Either they were being very lax that day, or it was just my lucky day.

Once at Dodger Town they weren't going to let me in with it until I switched it to still pictures and showed them that. Kinda screwy, but it worked. Not something I would recommend, just sayin...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.