5/22 Post Game

CC's issue is timing. He needs consistant at-bats if he ever wants to pull out of it. I'm not saying he will, but that is the only chance he has. He rolls over the ball constantly, which results in those little half assed dribblers to the pitcher and first baseman. He is having trouble waiting on the ball. You can have a perfect swing, but without timing, you're screwed.

I honestly can't say enough how impressed I am with Ricky Nolasco this season (so far). I've been one of his biggest detractors over the last two or so years, but this is the Ricky that we've always said was just waiting to burst out and become a star.

I mean, he's still inconsistent, but he seems to be limiting that well this year. The entire pitching staff has been amazing so far...

Which means we're due for some really bad starts from our starting pitching soon.

not to spoil the fun or anything... but may looks our easiest month in terms of schedule.

june is going to be brutal: 6 vs phils, red sox, rays, and 3 vs jays, cards, and braves

They did just take 3/5 from two first-place teams. Sure, maybe those teams are over their respective heads and maybe Philly and Boston are underperforming, but it's no guarantee. This has been a pretty impressive month IMO.

Congrats to Ricky

Big time pitch by Bell to close it out on Helton with a 2-2 count. that's the kind of pitch he has to throw. 95-96 fastball and place it on the corner, glad we are fianlly starting to see that from him, though I'm not totally convinced he's back to form yet.

Hope Kearns is alright but it sounds like a hammy.