May 23, 201214 yr CC's issue is timing. He needs consistant at-bats if he ever wants to pull out of it. I'm not saying he will, but that is the only chance he has. He rolls over the ball constantly, which results in those little half assed dribblers to the pitcher and first baseman. He is having trouble waiting on the ball. You can have a perfect swing, but without timing, you're screwed.
May 23, 201214 yr Lay off CC for tonight at least. He knocked in a run and saved the game with a reat defensive play in left. I'm not understanding why this team is having such difficulty hitting the ball. It been a pretty good two games though, largely due to GC and Hanley.
May 23, 201214 yr I honestly can't say enough how impressed I am with Ricky Nolasco this season (so far). I've been one of his biggest detractors over the last two or so years, but this is the Ricky that we've always said was just waiting to burst out and become a star. I mean, he's still inconsistent, but he seems to be limiting that well this year. The entire pitching staff has been amazing so far... Which means we're due for some really bad starts from our starting pitching soon.
May 23, 201214 yr not to spoil the fun or anything... but may looks our easiest month in terms of schedule. june is going to be brutal: 6 vs phils, red sox, rays, and 3 vs jays, cards, and braves They did just take 3/5 from two first-place teams. Sure, maybe those teams are over their respective heads and maybe Philly and Boston are underperforming, but it's no guarantee. This has been a pretty impressive month IMO.
May 23, 201214 yr Congrats to Ricky Big time pitch by Bell to close it out on Helton with a 2-2 count. that's the kind of pitch he has to throw. 95-96 fastball and place it on the corner, glad we are fianlly starting to see that from him, though I'm not totally convinced he's back to form yet. Hope Kearns is alright but it sounds like a hammy.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.