Anibal

sfmblows

Not really around the forums much, so I apologize if this has been discussed ad nauseum but any ideas what this team is gonna do with him? The team's unwillingness to do a long term deal with him leads me to believe he'll be traded by the deadline. I'm not for trading him by any means, but what I want isn't always the same as the team. I guess they could tender him and get a couple draft picks, but I gotta believe thats taking a step back. With the injury and depth problems in the outfield and a gaping hole at catcher, Anibal seems like our best trade asset at this time.

Again, let me say. I AM NOT FOR TRADING HIM, but if its trading him or losing him for a couple picks, Id rather fill some needs now.

You're assuming we'll be out of the race come July?

No sir. I think we can hang in. But it doesn't change Anibal's status. If you're in it, do you hold on to him and risk his return being a couple draft picks that haven't exactly been home runs around here? Or, get as much value for him as possible? Many believe Anibal to be a top of rotation starter and because of that his return should be pretty impressive.

Guest Guest

If we're in the race, no reason to deal him even if we wind up losing him in free agency. All about winning a ring, and we're a better team with him this year. If we fall out of contention, then yes it should be looked into if we feel our chances of signing him are slim.

Hey Admin! Thanks for the reply!

I'm not sure it's about whether they have a good chance of signing him or not, seems like the Marlins haven't showed much interest in discussing the extension.

Obviously I'm not privy to what goes on behind closed doors, but publicly they've said the extension is not in the discussion.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.