8/17 Giants at Marlins

mrchainsaw

No, I didn't read anything and won't give said break. Perhaps he should be in line up.

Then maybe you should read this:

RED-HOT RUGGIANO SITTING

Even though he smacked two home runs -- his first two of the season at home -- and drove in four runs Friday, the suddenly-hot Justin Ruggiano isn't in the Marlins lineup Saturday.

"I don't think anything," Ruggiano said when asked if he was surprised not to be in the lineup. "I think Redmond had my back when I was 0-for-a-month. I have all the respect in the world for him. The patience he had with me when I was going through a rut. I have so much respect for him and how he handled it when I was doing nothing. The decision he makes the rest of the year, whenever I'm always going to have his back with whoever he puts out there."

Redmond, who is starting rookie Jake Marisnick in center to get him more playing time, laughed when he was asked why Ruggiano wasn't in the lineup.

"It's funny because when he was 0-for-38 you guys thought I was crazy when I batted him in front of Stanton," Redmond said. "Now, he's 6-for-8 and you're wondering why I'm not playing him. It's funny. He's swinging the bat good. Hopefully he'll get a hit coming off the bench. Jake is a young guy. We want him to get out there and get time."

No, I didn't read anything and won't give said break. Perhaps he should be in line up.

Then maybe you should read this:

RED-HOT RUGGIANO SITTINGEven though he smacked two home runs -- his first two of the season at home -- and drove in four runs Friday, the suddenly-hot Justin Ruggiano isn't in the Marlins lineup Saturday.

"I don't think anything," Ruggiano said when asked if he was surprised not to be in the lineup. "I think Redmond had my back when I was 0-for-a-month. I have all the respect in the world for him. The patience he had with me when I was going through a rut. I have so much respect for him and how he handled it when I was doing nothing. The decision he makes the rest of the year, whenever I'm always going to have his back with whoever he puts out there."

Redmond, who is starting rookie Jake Marisnick in center to get him more playing time, laughed when he was asked why Ruggiano wasn't in the lineup.

"It's funny because when he was 0-for-38 you guys thought I was crazy when I batted him in front of Stanton," Redmond said. "Now, he's 6-for-8 and you're wondering why I'm not playing him. It's funny. He's swinging the bat good. Hopefully he'll get a hit coming off the bench. Jake is a young guy. We want him to get out there and get time."

^_^ well....welll...well....okay.

Wouldn't the point be that Redmond isn't showing Ruggiano respect--not vice versa?

You wouldn't find it relevant that Ruggiano doesn't feel slighted? He's the only that really matters when it comes to the respect he's being given or not, not us or anyone else.

Much of what players say to the media isn't relevant. I'm not saying it's certainly the case this time, but players rarely speak their mind in situations like this.

My point is basically that Redmond is dumb not to start Ruggiano tonight and Marisnick should be in AA.

Much of what players say to the media isn't relevant. I'm not saying it's certainly the case this time, but players rarely speak their mind in situations like this.

Then it is up to each individual to decide whether they believe Ruggiano's comments are genuine or not. I'll choose to believe him.

Marisnick should be in AA but he's not and since he's not he should be starting

I don't see the harm in sitting him for a game after Ruggiano just had one of the best nights of his career. It's not like Ruggiano will need to start everyday or something now.