The three year plan

Nny

If Addison Reed can net Matt Davidson, I'd think it wouldn't really take more than Cishek to get Franklin.

It's definitely what we need to aim for when trading him though. Preferable a SS, but with so many SS options in the next FA class it'd more important to get the better IF player even if it's a 1B instead of a MI.

Seattle's reported interest in a closer has been overstated as the Mariners have a cost-controlled 26-year-old closer in Danny Farquhar, who in his final 29 appearances last season posted a 1.69 ERA, with 44 strikeouts in 32 innings, holding opposing hitters to an amazing .147/.230/.183/.413 line.

Would six years of Seattle infielder Nick Franklin be enough to land six years of Miami outfielder Jake Marisnick? The Mariner pitching staff needs a good defensive outfielder even more than it needs a bat. Leaving Franklin out of the equation in a Marisnick trade, would the Marlins be interested in package starting with five years of 24-year-old former top propsect Jesus Montero as a righthand-hitting complement to 32-year-old Garrett Jones at first base?

Seattle's reported interest in a closer has been overstated as the Mariners have a cost-controlled 26-year-old closer in Danny Farquhar, who in his final 29 appearances last season posted a 1.69 ERA, with 44 strikeouts in 32 innings, holding opposing hitters to an amazing .147/.230/.183/.413 line.

Would six years of Seattle infielder Nick Franklin be enough to land six years of Miami outfielder Jake Marisnick? The Mariner pitching staff needs a good defensive outfielder even more than it needs a bat. Leaving Franklin out of the equation in a Marisnick trade, would the Marlins be interested in package starting with five years of 24-year-old former top propsect Jesus Montero as a righthand-hitting complement to 32-year-old Garrett Jones at first base?

No, but we'll trade you Stanton for your #7,8,9,10,15,20,25,30,31,32,33,34,35 best prospects, MLBTradeRumors style! I love these trade proposals.

But seriously, I don't think they'd ever go for Montero. They might go for Franklin, but I think it'd be a dumb move.

No, but we'll trade you Stanton for your #7,8,9,10,15,20,25,30,31,32,33,34,35 best prospects, MLBTradeRumors style! I love these trade proposals.

But seriously, I don't think they'd ever go for Montero. They might go for Franklin, but I think it'd be a dumb move.

I know what you mean ... this Seattle fan has been reading those proposed trades for Felix Hernandez for years.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.