Miggy gets 10/300M deal from Tigers.

yokofox33

He could have gotten that the first time, me thinks.

Richest player of all time? His two deals almost equal $500 Mill, and A-Rod cut his first deal short to get the second deal. Who is the higher grossing player?

Certainly deserved, but I hate to say, even Miggy won't live up to the end of this deal.

Holy s***.

I second this motion....

Not taking anything away from Miggy...but I wasn't a fan of when the term "A-rod money" was thrown around when he signed the 10-year 275M contract and now this surpasses it....wow people especially baseball players and owners just have lost the knowledge of what real money is.....

He'll be 31 in April. Detroit is on the hook to pay him about 30 mill/yr when he's 35. And 36. And 37. And 38. And 39. And 40. The last 6 years may not turn out so well.

But, you never know, by the time he's pushing 40, with a little inflation and the really good guys priced at 35-40/year he may be a bargain at 30.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.