Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

5/23 Post Game

Featured Replies

Wasnt saying to put his head on a chopping block. Just saying how bizarre it is that the guy who actually got slapped around didn't even warrant a mention. A pitcher could go through 17 starts without giving up a run and thats great, but those 17 starts does not absolve him if he gives up 10 in a losing effort in start #18.

 

I'm not defending Koehler who's era was pretty lucky, but Kershaw recently gave up 7 runs in 1.2 IP. It happens even to the best.

Actually his WAR among starters before last night I believe was #9 in MLB. Unless you don't think WAR is a useful stat.

 

I don't know what you are looking at, but Fangraphs WAR has him at 47th in the National League at 0.2. Now that's including last night's game, but I highly doubt he was ranked much higher than that to begin with because it includes FIP in its formula, which is what shows that Koehler has been pitching above his head.

I don't know what you are looking at, but Fangraphs WAR has him at 47th in the National League at 0.2. Now that's including last night's game, but I highly doubt he was ranked much higher than that to begin with because it includes FIP in its formula, which is what shows that Koehler has been pitching above his head.

ESPN

Please pick a side. Don't say WAR is stupid and an opinion then use it when it backs up a point you're attempting to make.

Never said it was stupid, in fact, I said it's very useful and I agree with the idea of WAR. I just think that the result is the, "statistical opinion" if you will, of the players' worth.

And you still haven't made a remotely convincing case as to why it's an "opinion." You stole that term from some dinosaur sportswriter who was using it in a completely different context.

That's fine, no need for us to get into this again.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.