Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Also you guys are going to hate this BUT....

Featured Replies

To make a run at Vlad, Looper and Redman have to trade. The rumor is the Braves want both :confused

I'd rather trade them out of the division, but they have one of the deepest systems in the league. We are going to lose Looper anyway, so packaging him with Redman makes sense. What are some possibilties Ed?

i would prefer to not help ATL but whatever must be done...

Vlad > Redman and Looper. I like both pitchers, but they arent exactly money when it matters. That means they would be great Braves players...

 

Seriously, I wonder who the Braves would give us in return. I would do this if it means landing Vlad. But we need a short term answer to replace both - I would have liked to see Marquis come back in such a deal, but he is on hiw way to St. Louis.

Redman I'm willing to part with, especially if AJ comes back 100%. However Looper while he did have his off moments, he did come up big for the Fish several times during the playoffs and I would hate to lose him as a closer.

 

 

 

Then again Chad Fox is a hell of a relief pitcher...maybe we could plug him in to the closer position next season :mischief2

Redman I'm willing to part with, especially if AJ comes back 100%. However Looper while he did have his off moments, he did come up big for the Fish several times during the playoffs and I would hate to lose him as a closer.

 

 

 

Then again Chad Fox is a hell of a relief pitcher...maybe we could plug him in to the closer position next season :mischief2

NONONONO!!! :banghead

 

Chad Fox doesn't have what it takes to be a closer but he is a great setup man. Just bring me Benitez and end this talk. :banghead :banghead :banghead

Benitez? :blink:

 

 

 

Forgive me for being really slow as I am kind of under the weather, but didn't Benitez blow just about every save opportunity for the Mets last season before he was traded to the Yankees who then in turn didn't even want him and eventually traded to Seattle? :mischief2

No to the Braves... Beinfest better not be blinded by Vlad to something that stupid...

Beinfest better know he can get Vlad if he does those moves.

Let Loop and Redman leave. We can put Tejera Temporarily in the 5th spot. Looper cost us alot of games, we dont need that this upcoming season.

Benitez? :blink:

 

 

 

Forgive me for being really slow as I am kind of under the weather, but didn't Benitez blow just about every save opportunity for the Mets last season before he was traded to the Yankees who then in turn didn't even want him and eventually traded to Seattle? :mischief2

Yes, and now, imagine Looper in that situation. He would have never made it out alive.

 

Does anyone else other than me realize that Looper was NOT our closer when it mattered? As we made our run for the wild card, Looper was flipped in favor of Urbina. Rosenthal and McKeon know better what they can expect of Looper, and I feel that they dont totally trust him in the closer role. Benitez has more of an upside, believe it or not. He has been inconsistent, yes, but so has Looper. At this point though, Benitez could be cheaper than Looper which is why we are probably going to sign Benitez instead of Looper. I dont feel totally confident in either, but I do feel better about Benitez as a closer than Looper. Looper would be a great set up man.

 

Speaking of, Fox is a set up man. Not a reliever. Stop trying to get him out of his element.

Let Loop and Redman leave. We can put Tejera Temporarily in the 5th spot. Looper cost us alot of games, we dont need that this upcoming season.

Uh, I can't think of more than 2-3 saves he blew towards the end of the season which was unfortunate. We all know Braden was a solid, even lights out at times closer through the season up until late September. If I had a choice, I'd take Braden over Benitez anyday.

 

Tejera is garbage.

  • Author

It appears Beinfest has heard your cries about trading Redman to the Braves :p it appears the Braves about to sign former Dodger, D-Ray, and Giant LHP Wilson Alvarez. As for Looper, its looks more likely he's going stay....with alot Bullpen arm on market asking price a bit too high right for the Marlins

It appears Beinfest has heard your cries :p it appears the Braves about to sign former Dodger, D-Ray, and Giant LHP Wilson Alvarez. As for Looper its more likely to stay with alot Bullpen arm on market asking price a bit too high right

huh???

Yes, and now, imagine Looper in that situation. He would have never made it out alive.

 

Does anyone else other than me realize that Looper was NOT our closer when it mattered? As we made our run for the wild card, Looper was flipped in favor of Urbina. Rosenthal and McKeon know better what they can expect of Looper, and I feel that they dont totally trust him in the closer role. Benitez has more of an upside, believe it or not. He has been inconsistent, yes, but so has Looper. At this point though, Benitez could be cheaper than Looper which is why we are probably going to sign Benitez instead of Looper. I dont feel totally confident in either, but I do feel better about Benitez as a closer than Looper. Looper would be a great set up man.

 

Speaking of, Fox is a set up man. Not a reliever. Stop trying to get him out of his element.

i couldnt disagree with you more

 

who was one of the best closers(not counting Gagne and Co.) up until we traded for Uggy?

 

Looper

 

to say Benitez has more upside than Looper is foolish imo....

 

and im not sure how you can say Looper would have "not come out alive" in NYC or Seattle....

It appears Beinfest has heard your cries about trading Redman to the Braves :p it appears the Braves about to sign former Dodger, D-Ray, and Giant LHP Wilson Alvarez. As for Looper, its looks more likely he's going stay....with alot Bullpen arm on market asking price a bit too high right for the Marlins

Awesome!

As much as Redman did his part during the season, his achilles heel flared up again as it does every year...His arm tires out in September, as it did this year, he had nothing left going into play-offs...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.