2/26 Postgame

mrchainsaw

Also I was surprised to learn the Grapefruit League actually has a trophy for winning it because clearly nobody takes it seriously so why bother with a trophy? It's like mocking yourself. They keep tracking of standings and all that stuff and I was dumbfounded by how seriously they take it compared to how managers and players go about it.

Am I the only one who realizes this can be interpreted both ways and still doesn't answer the question? I'm pretty positive I know what you mean but I know I'm not crazy about the grammar problem here.@SongInTheAir help me out here, am I correct?

What is so hard to understand?

I found there article for online to further clarify what I mean.

Remember the 2006 Marlins, the team with a eight million rookies? That team went 19-9-3 to finish with the best record of any Grapefruit League team. Owner Jeffrey Loria rewarded first-year manager Joe Girardi with a bag of grapefruit. The '06 Marlins promptly went 11-31 to start the season before recovering and making a race of it.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/fish_bytes/2013/02/will-marlins-win-grapefruit-league-title-dont-laugh.html

I said 1 bag for the entire team that was my initial response. But looks like that ONE bag might have just been for Girardi.