XFL to return in 2020

SonOfJack

If they did it right the first time it could have worked. Now it won't work for one reason... because everyone remembers it as a failure. So even if they do it right now people are gonna laugh it off.

It absolutely could be better and will almost definitely last longer this time but I have so much doubt about it's potential because of the stigma around it. 

ESPN did an awesome special about the XFL last year. It made fun of the failures but showed why it failed and in turn showed how it could have worked. 

Edit: reading that article everything McMahon said is pointing to him understanding and correcting everything that went wrong the first time so he's at least started off on the right foot. Let's see what happens. 

• 2 weeks later...
Im pretty skeptical about whether the public would accept this. I just don’t know if there exists a place for essentially a more violent version of the NFL, at a time when the NFL has become synonymous with CTE. all it takes is some bad social media press and it’s over before it started. 

Is it really a more violent version this time around though? That was a staple of the 2001 version. 

Is it really a more violent version this time around though? That was a staple of the 2001 version. 

Then what’s the point? lol if he’s just gonna try to duplicate and thus replace the NFL that’s a pretty tall task I think considering the stigma surrounding the sports new-found dangers. I’m talking purely from a business standpoint but I’m gunning for it to work. I really like McMahon and grew up on wrestling so hopefully it’s a winner. And hopefully I get to watch the games on my wwe network lol

if he’s just gonna try to duplicate and thus replace the NFL that’s a pretty tall task I think considering the stigma surrounding the sports new-found dangers. I’m talking purely from a business standpoint but I’m gunning for it to work. I really like McMahon and grew up on wrestling so hopefully it’s a winner. And hopefully I get to watch the games on my wwe network lol

I agree with you. I don't think it will work but I'm hoping it does and I don't even follow football.