All 4 Fired Front Office Execs Land with New Teams

SilverBullet

2 million to each?  Anyone know if that's accurate?  How much money were we paying this terrible front office?

We don't know if these guys were terrible. When Loria did his last restructuring of the front office these guys were given five year deals to do the job and didn't get past year two. With that said I guess we can gather they didn't do much in those two years either so that probably says something as well. It's tough to say. 

We don't know if these guys were terrible. When Loria did his last restructuring of the front office these guys were given five year deals to do the job and didn't get past year two. With that said I guess we can gather they didn't do much in those two years either so that probably says something as well. It's tough to say. 

They traded a pitcher for Benedict so I’m guessing Benedict, at least, had plenty of input on the pitchers acquired the past couple of years.

I wouldn't make a big deal out of where they signed. Their new teams are all paying as little as possible knowing that the Marlins will pay the rest until it reaches the USD 3MM. I'm sure they all had a couple offers but they chose to go to teams with better rosters and in contention because there was no need to chase money. No one was going to offer them more than USD 3MM which it would take to get the Marlins off the hook so they'd make the same amount no matter where they landed. They just picked the best situation and ignored the money part. And the winning organizations can now slot these guys into less important roles. It's a win win for both of them. But to spin this as a , "Wow Marlins fired exec's and now they all landed in better places because they're awesome and Marlins were dumb to do it" is a stupid way to put it. Money wasn't a factor in any of it. Which is a big deal when it comes to employment so. Take it with a grain of salt. Just another obnoxious blub spun a certain way to make the Marlins look bad.

I wouldn't make a big deal out of where they signed. Their new teams are all paying as little as possible knowing that the Marlins will pay the rest until it reaches the USD 3MM. I'm sure they all had a couple offers but they chose to go to teams with better rosters and in contention because there was no need to chase money. No one was going to offer them more than USD 3MM which it would take to get the Marlins off the hook so they'd make the same amount no matter where they landed. They just picked the best situation and ignored the money part. And the winning organizations can now slot these guys into less important roles. It's a win win for both of them. But to spin this as a , "Wow Marlins fired exec's and now they all landed in better places because they're awesome and Marlins were dumb to do it" is a stupid way to put it. Money wasn't a factor in any of it. Which is a big deal when it comes to employment so. Take it with a grain of salt. Just another obnoxious blub spun a certain way to make the Marlins look bad.

What HE said!! Who doesnt want to free employees??