March 14, 20188 yr Pretty much guarantees Brian Anderson the starting 3B job. While I'm ok with seeing how Anderson handles the role this sucks for Prado and, yet again, another guy we're gonna pay solid money to while he sits on the DL. I know injuries can almost never be anticipated but man what crap luck the Marlins have had with contract extensions and free agent signings injurywise.
March 14, 20188 yr I don't understand what happened, when he had all off-season to rehab and recover? It is almost like the injury progress paused on closing day and began again on the start of ST.
March 14, 20188 yr and all started on the WBC while playing for team Venezuela. I think MLB teams should make a clause that if you get injured participating on non MLB events your contract becomes null
March 14, 20188 yr Author I don't understand what happened, when he had all off-season to rehab and recover? It is almost like the injury progress paused on closing day and began again on the start of ST. Well they're calling this a setback so by definition he did progress but then there was a regression but yeah I know what you're saying. I said the same thing about him and Riddle at the start of spring. Both guys ended their seasons early last year to be ready for this year yet when ST got here both guys were seemingly in the same spot they were in October.
March 14, 20188 yr Author and all started on the WBC while playing for team Venezuela. I think MLB teams should make a clause that if you get injured participating on non MLB events your contract becomes null You know that's not happening ever. If he wasn't playing in that WBC game he would have been playing in Jupiter and could have messed up that hamstring in a random backfield game against the Twins minor leaguers.
March 14, 20188 yr Please don't mind this. We are Miami Marlins, a 8-season straight .500 below team, sadly. If we make a championship-caliber team near future, then we will meet a new player at 3rd.
March 14, 20188 yr Author Please don't mind this. We are Miami Marlins, a 8-season straight .500 below team, sadly. If we make a championship-caliber team near future, then we will meet a new player at 3rd. What does this even mean? We should stop posting Miami Marlins news and rumors on this Miami Marlins fan forum because we haven't been successful lately? I don't understand why we have posts like this from time to time. You'd think every member of this place would understand the purpose of this site.
March 14, 20188 yr Author By the way, someone remind Tony Clark exactly what has happened with the Marlins and Prado, Chen, and Volquez and ask him if he thinks teams should still be throwing money left and right at free agents and contract extensions. Of course a strong case could be said that the Marlins just chose the wrong guys but that doesn't matter to the union who just want all their free agents signed no matter the risks.
March 14, 20188 yr Boo him because he injured for long time with big money on hand just like Chen,right !?
March 14, 20188 yr Author Boo him because he injured for long time with big money on hand just like Chen,right !? Prado had surgery though. Chen is still just having his mother blow on his elbow to see if the pain goes away.
March 14, 20188 yr Well there goes the service time considerations for Brian Anderson now. I wouldn't be surprised if Riddle has a set back as well. Although I prefer Rojas win the job anyway.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.