Martin Prado suffers a setback, will not make Opening Day roster

SilverBullet

Pretty much guarantees Brian Anderson the starting 3B job. 

While I'm ok with seeing how Anderson handles the role this sucks for Prado and, yet again, another guy we're gonna pay solid money to while he sits on the DL. I know injuries can almost never be anticipated but man what crap luck the Marlins have had with contract extensions and free agent signings injurywise. 

I don't understand what happened, when he had all off-season to rehab and recover? It is almost like the injury progress paused on closing day and began again on the start of ST.

Well they're calling this a setback so by definition he did progress but then there was a regression but yeah I know what you're saying. I said the same thing about him and Riddle at the start of spring. Both guys ended their seasons early last year to be ready for this year yet when ST got here both guys were seemingly in the same spot they were in October. 

and all started on the WBC while playing for team Venezuela. I think MLB teams should make a clause that if you get injured participating on non MLB events your contract becomes null

You know that's not happening ever. If he wasn't playing in that WBC game he would have been playing in Jupiter and could have messed up that hamstring in a random backfield game against the Twins minor leaguers. 

Please don't mind this. We are Miami Marlins, a 8-season straight .500 below team, sadly. If we make a championship-caliber team near future, then we will meet a new player at 3rd.

What does this even mean? We should stop posting Miami Marlins news and rumors on this Miami Marlins fan forum because we haven't been successful lately? I don't understand why we have posts like this from time to time. You'd think every member of this place would understand the purpose of this site. 

By the way, someone remind Tony Clark exactly what has happened with the Marlins and Prado, Chen, and Volquez and ask him if he thinks teams should still be throwing money left and right at free agents and contract extensions.

Of course a strong case could be said that the Marlins just chose the wrong guys but that doesn't matter to the union who just want all their free agents signed no matter the risks.