DIMELO JETER

Erick

Ive said the path to contention is to be a little below .500 next year, a fringe wild card contender (kind of what we were before the trades where we arent bad but arent a contender) in 2020 and then contention annually after that.  And I stick by that.

I believe they would start to play meaningful games in the 2020.

You think this team will be “a little below .500 next year” based on the progress of the young players this year? Again, “good luck with that.”

yup.  Im well aware of your negativity and your insincere wishing of luck.  This team will be in the 75-80 win range next year.

the issue is with your expectation of what year 1 of a rebuild looks like.  Id suggest you go look at the cubs and astros farm system in their first year of their rebuild.  We did have more assets to trade obviously, but it is why we are ahead of them in terms of where we are in the rebuild in the first year of it.  

You’re really delusional to think this team is a lock for 75-80 wins next year. 

I don’t even think they’ll get there with Realmuto (easily our best player) on the team. And it’s quite possible he’ll get traded in the offseason. 

at no point did i say a lock.  i said its my opinion.  

Ok. Your opinion seems a bit delusional.

and your opinion for this entire thread has been obviously lacking context and information on what year 1 of a rebuild looks like.  again id suggest you go look at the cubs and astros farm system in year 1 of their rebuild and compare it to ours.  this entire thread can be summed up with your lack of understanding of how long a rebuild takes and what it looks like in the beginning and you in turn misplacing your anger towards Jeter (who is a fucking figurehead and not actually making baseball decisions) for not having a top farm system with everyone lighting up the world 115 games into his tenure.

Do you not believe in the build? I don’t see the big deal. Since you believe in it so much, you should put some money on it. I am very confident they won’t win 75 games next year.

congratulations.  Unlike you i dont feel the need to prove just how right I am about a fucking baseball team to a stranger on the internet.  Perhaps you should get more going in your life if this is such a pressing matter. 

congratulations.  Unlike you i dont feel the need to prove just how right I am about a fucking baseball team to a stranger on the internet.  Perhaps you should get more going in your life if this is such a pressing matter. 

I like to have fun in life. It’ll be a friendly $20 bet. You have a delusional opinion. No big deal, it’ll be fun. More fun than Marlins baseball actually.

I like to have fun in life. It’ll be a friendly $20 bet. You have a delusional opinion. No big deal, it’ll be fun. More fun than Marlins baseball actually.

again, i dont feel the need to prove my opinion about a fucking baseball team to a stranger on the internet.  

You’re the same guy who has been proving yourself to Maddawg on the other board all year. But now you don’t want to take it too far because you know you’ll be wrong next year.

No way in hell this team wins 75 next year. And I’m being nice because you actually said 75-80. Delusional.

You’re the same guy who has been proving yourself to Maddawg on the other board all year. But now you don’t want to take it too far because you know you’ll be wrong next year.

No way in hell this team wins 75 next year. And I’m being nice because you actually said 75-80. Delusional.

I havent been proving myself to maddawg, i was consistently rubbing in his face that his cynicism continued to get in the way of rational thought which made him useless to even have a conversation with. Kind of similar to what youve been for 3 weeks since they foolishly didnt trade dietrich and Barraclough.     

None of the guys we have are young for their level or anything.

As a matter of fact, one of the top guys (Guzman) is actually a little old for his level...and struggling too.

I mean there's not really a standard that says a player should be this good at a certain level by a certain age. I know it's not perfect, but using BR's AgeDif literally every prospect mentioned in this thread is young for their level (including Guzman).

I mean there's not really a standard that says a player should be this good at a certain level by a certain age. I know it's not perfect, but using BR's AgeDif literally every prospect mentioned in this thread is young for their level (including Guzman).

get your damn facts out of here.  This board is purely for those who like to spew opinions with a lack of context, lack of facts, and unrelenting cynicism. 

I havent been proving myself to maddawg, i was consistently rubbing in his face that his cynicism continued to get in the way of rational thought which made him useless to even have a conversation with. Kind of similar to what youve been for 3 weeks since they foolishly didnt trade dietrich and Barraclough.     

I haven’t said anything ridiculous. I was right about Barraclough. You’re mad at me when you had the same exact opinion.

The difference is you’ll defend the front office regardless after the fact.

get your damn facts out of here.  This board is purely for those who like to spew opinions with a lack of context, lack of facts, and unrelenting cynicism. 

Board is also for kool-aid drinkers who think this team is capable of winning 75-80 games next year.

I haven’t said anything ridiculous. I was right about Barraclough. You’re mad at me when you had the same exact opinion.

The difference is you’ll defend the front office regardless after the fact.

The difference is I wont go on a month long cynical tirade as if not trading Barraclough and Dietrich is the difference between our rebuild working and not working long term.  Ive consistently criticized the front office all year on a micro level.  I think some of their moves have been stupid and short sighted.  That doesnt change the overall opinion that this franchise is operating at a smart level with a coherent plan that fits with the market for the first time in 2 decades.

Board is also for kool-aid drinkers who think this team is capable of winning 75-80 games next year.

I was also called a kool-aid drinker when i said this team is not nearly as bad this year as everyone thought they would be because the team still had a ton of major leaguers and wasnt going to be a AAA level team. 

I was also called a kool-aid drinker when i said this team is not nearly as bad this year as everyone thought they would be because the team still had a ton of major leaguers and wasnt going to be a AAA level team. 

You want to call me negative all the time when I actually agreed with you about this year’s team.

I never thought they were going to be historically bad this year. Go back and check it out.