DIMELO JETER

Erick

Since Jeter values Dimelo so much, I, a fan, would like to say that it bothers me that he’s still here. It’s time for Jeter to go.

I thought this franchise couldn’t get any worse after Loria, but somehow it has. 

If you look at the young players the Marlins have gotten since Jeter arrived, you’d see that they’re all failing miserably. It’s pretty impressive actually. 

Meanwhile, Christian Yelich and his team-friendly contract are thriving in Milwaukee. 

It is. Check out the numbers.

So you'd rather have 75 wins for the rest of time instead of doing bad a few years and possibly contending. Seems a little early to say Loria is better than Jeter and quite frankly that's a sentence I thought I'd never type.

So you'd rather have 75 wins for the rest of time instead of doing bad a few years and possibly contending. Seems a little early to say Loria is better than Jeter and quite frankly that's a sentence I thought I'd never type.

You’re not getting it. It has nothing to do with our current record. It has to do with the fact that ALL of the young players acquired by Jeter (or Denbo, whoever you want to blame it on) so far have been disappointments. These are the guys we’re building around, right?

Please tell me what you’re excited about in regards to the future of this team. Name a handful of players this organization is building around right now.

You’re not getting it. It has nothing to do with our current record. It has to do with the fact that ALL of the young players acquired by Jeter (or Denbo, whoever you want to blame it on) so far have been disappointments. These are the guys we’re building around, right?

Please tell me what you’re excited about in regards to the future of this team. Name a handful of players this organization is building around right now.

I am getting it. The players are young like you said so why judge them now? I'm excited for a good amount of players including Alcantara, Neidert, Scott, Johnson, Banfield, Pompey, Diaz, Rogers, Garrett being the main ones. 

After watching his “progression” this year, it’s rather concerning that this front office thought of Sierra as a prospect for example. Here’s a young player who doesn’t even have potential. And we got him as a secondary piece for Ozuna. We were celebrating the fact we sold high on Ozuna when the reality is that we got nothing for him unless Alcantara develops into a nice SP.

Alcantara, by the way, was Jeter’s “ace of the future” and he has a 6.92 k/9 in AAA. 

Seriously, this year has been a massive failure.

Not to mention the fact that they failed to sell high on the relievers in July. You can even include Dietrich too as a sell high candidate. I was ok with the “firesale” in the offseason, but all I see now is a half-ass “build.” How do you not trade at least one reliever for more prospects at the deadline when your team sucks? That combined with ALL of these young players failing...Loria’s probably laughing.

I am getting it. The players are young like you said so why judge them now? I'm excited for a good amount of players including Alcantara, Neidert, Scott, Johnson, Banfield, Pompey, Diaz, Rogers, Garrett being the main ones. 

You can’t rely on any of those guys right now. 

None of these prospects with so called exciting tools are backing it up with numbers. 

You can’t rely on any of those guys right now. 

None of these prospects with so called exciting tools are backing it up with numbers. 

Do you expect every single prospect to have either a sub 3 era or bat .310? Now I do agree the relievers and Dietrich should be gone by now but maybe they think they can get a better value later on (expect for claw. He's done). And with us being so bad now we will have a top 5 pick next year which should obviously bring in an elite talent.  

We'll probably have a better read of the situation in 2027.

I know you’re being a jackass and mocking my post from the other day. A “five year” plan is the typical length for rebuilds. I do think they’ll compete before that anyway but it’s why I said 2023. That seems more sane than giving up on things months into the organizational rebuild.

Giving up on a rebuild of an organization in less than a year really speaks highly of Marlins fans. You make us all look like jokes to fans of other teams who may stop by and see this thread.

Also proves what some of us said recently.  The negative people guarantee failure, the so-called positive people haven’t once guaranteed success.  We just say to wait and see since none of us can see the future. Even if you think you’re smarter than everyone else.

Giving up on a rebuild of an organization in less than a year really speaks highly of Marlins fans. You make us all look like jokes to fans of other teams who may stop by and see this thread.

Also proves what some of us said recently.  The negative people guarantee failure, the so-called positive people haven’t once guaranteed success.  We just say to wait and see since none of us can see the future. Even if you think you’re smarter than everyone else.

The team hasn’t made the playoffs in 15 years, and has been an absolute constant embarrassment since the opening of the new stadium in 2012.

I know the media loves to blame the fans down here, but the reality is that this organization is lucky to have 1 fan. 

Also, the current situation has nothing to do with positivity or negativity. It’s just reality. “Men lie, women lie, numbers don’t.” Expecting these guys who are struggling mightily in the minors to have more success in the majors is delusional. Ask Sierra. 

If the plan is to compete in 2023, the plan sucks.

Do you expect every single prospect to have either a sub 3 era or bat .310? Now I do agree the relievers and Dietrich should be gone by now but maybe they think they can get a better value later on (expect for claw. He's done). And with us being so bad now we will have a top 5 pick next year which should obviously bring in an elite talent.  

Like a Tyler Kolek type talent?

Giving up on a rebuild of an organization in less than a year really speaks highly of Marlins fans. You make us all look like jokes to other fans of teams who may stop by and see this thread.

YES.

It’s the fault of MARLINS FANS that the Marlins are the laughing stock of MLB.  

If the plan is to compete in 2023, the plan sucks.

Going to preface this by saying our GM and FO is not these team's GMs and FOs.

Didn't the Cubs and Astros go on a five year plan of being awful to reach the promised land? Pretty sure that's what happened.

The plan is not to begin to compete in 2023, the plan is to have the pieces for sustained success by 2023.

Sorry that we aren't on a 100 win pace yet, guys.

Didn't the Cubs and Astros go on a five year plan of being awful to reach the promised land? Pretty sure that's what happened.

The plan is not to begin to compete in 2023, the plan is to have the pieces for sustained success by 2023. 

Yes. Thank you.

Why is this so difficult for some to understand?

Something else to consider if you're underwhelmed with some of the minor league performances: 

This new FO has been really aggressive w promotions. Like as soon as a guy shows signs of settling in they get bumped up a level. They've done this with Diaz, Lopez, Yamamoto, Miller, Dunand, Pompey, Osiris, Scott, banfield. Really the only guy that's been able to get comfortable and accumulate good stats is neidert. I have a weird feeling that people would feel better about guys like Lopez and Diaz if they were just left in AA to pad their stats all year. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.