Evaluating Miami's organizational depth after the first season of the rebuild

SilverBullet

Another "cheap shot" at Loria:

“He [Will Banfield] was headed to Vanderbilt but we stepped up [financially] and got tremendous support from ownership to allow us to go over slot to sign him,” Hill said. “That is not a pick we ever would have been able to do in the past. Will has a tremendous skill set. One of those high energy guys behind the plate, which is what you love talking about that position."

I will say the draft of 2017 coupled with this years draft has restocked the system, but I still think pitching is thin considering the production received out of our top 10 prospects Garrett and Rogers. Overall the Marlins still have no players in the top 100 prospects but for the first time since 2012 I'm seeing serious potential among the farm system. Hopefully the new ownership will eventually make a splash in international signings 

I will say the draft of 2017 coupled with this years draft has restocked the system, but I still think pitching is thin considering the production received out of our top 10 prospects Garrett and Rogers. Overall the Marlins still have no players in the top 100 prospects but for the first time since 2012 I'm seeing serious potential among the farm system. Hopefully the new ownership will eventually make a splash in international signings 

People rely on top 100 too much. Monte has the same tools he had last year and doesn’t change his role in our organization. He just struggled in his first year of double a which isnt uncommon. Look at Realmuto.