Brightline / Virgin Train

THRILLHO

If (Drive to station + train ride + bus to park) > (drive from house to marlins park), then nobody will do this.  I feel like this is the case for everyone 

I've been saying the Marlins should partner with Brightline for a while now, but this isn't an ideal setup.

I'm sorry, hopping on a generic MD public bus which you also have to pay for is not a reasonable expectation to get from the station to the park.  Nobody wants to do that.  Or is it a regular bus operating as strictly a direct shuttle to/from the park/station?

A direct connection between the station and park would be ideal, though expensive (for something other than a surface level/road-based shuttle bus).

Far worse than that though is the cost of this! - I just priced it out - for a weekday game, it'd be $35 round trip from Fort Lauderdale for just the Brightline fare, not including the bus fare ($5.50) or parking at the origin Brightline station (unless you live within walking distance).  The FTL station charges $1 for the first hour, and $2/hour after that, or $6 for the day, according to a Sun Sentinel article from July.  So you're looking at $50 miminum (it'd be higher if you chose one of the fancier train tickets) as a single rider to ride the train unless you have a monthly pass (which are expensive themselves).

Compare that to $30-35 IF you park in the garage plus a $10 express lanes toll, or $20-25 parking in $10 no blocky blocky.

This also doesn't seem to offer any sort of discounted rate - just advertising that Brightline is an (expensive) option to get to the park.

The fact that it doesn’t sit directly at either a briteline or tri rail stop pretty much takes mass transit out of play.  The nice thing about Miami freedom park is the access to tri rail.  Even though tri rail takes twice as long to move it has more access points. I don’t see a decent way to link marlins park.  At least they’re trying.  Florida is a drivers world 

So you still need a solution for the second leg of the trip?

The fact that it doesn’t sit directly at either a briteline or tri rail stop pretty much takes mass transit out of play.  The nice thing about Miami freedom park is the access to tri rail.  Even though tri rail takes twice as long to move it has more access points. I don’t see a decent way to link marlins park.  At least they’re trying.  Florida is a drivers world 

Marlins Park... or be it the Orange Bowl Site... was supposed to have metrorail access back in the day- and they abandoned it. There is actually a platform that goes UNUSED for this specific purpose that has sat vacant for maybe 30 years.

[ATTACH]2936._xfImport[/ATTACH]

image.png.0650f59413c42b8dfe28611763fdbd92.png

Marlins Park... or be it the Orange Bowl Site... was supposed to have metrorail access back in the day- and they abandoned it. There is actually a platform that goes UNUSED for this specific purpose that has sat vacant for maybe 30 years.

Interesting.  Where exactly is that?  

Yeah, it'd cost a fortune to build something connecting to Marlins Park.  And with the deal the city got to build it, I don't see that happening anytime soon.  I've read they want to do some sort of Metrorail expansion down the 836, but not sure that's happening with the 836 redo they're starting now.

[ATTACH]2936[/ATTACH]

Government center I believe. Third floor? Maybe second. 

Third floor.  Yeah, it's at the government center station.  Wikipedia has this info:

"The third floor of the complex is a mezzanine for transfers between the two services. A ghost platform for a never-built east-west Metrorail line is located on this level"